>>> Headers......: /usr/local/qt-2.3.2/include/
>>>> Libraries...: /usr/local/qt-2.3.2/lib/
>>>>> Workable...: -*{ YES }*-
checking for Qt MOC... yes
checking if Qt compiles without flags... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
setting Linux pthread compilation options
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... no
configure: error: cannot find pcap_open_live in libpcap. Read the INSTALL file.

Umm I have seq 4.0.0 working now and libpcap 6.2 is working... whats the error trying to tell me? I downloaded the latest cvs and made clean before I deleted the temp install dir.

fryfrog
01-22-2002, 08:42 AM
are you totally sure libpcap is installed? i think in redhat, you just need to install the libpcap rpm, but i believe in mdk you need to install the libpcap0 and libpcap0-devel rpms for it to work right.

drkavngr
01-24-2002, 11:26 AM
see thats the strange part, the libpcap from the RPM is not installed I did it from the tar it has to work though cause like I said before seq 4.00 is working fine right now.... You think I should try the RPMs?

fryfrog
01-24-2002, 06:27 PM
if all else fails, i know for a fact that the rpms that come with both redhat and mandrake work fine for compiling and using showeq. it could also just be looking for libpcap that you downloaded as a tar.gz file in the wrong place.

my compiled showeq is looking for pcap in "libpcap.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpcap.so.0 (0x4064f000)" perhaps yours isn't pointed to the right place?

i just played around with "./configure --help" but couldn't find anything that looked like it would allow you to supply the path to libpcap.