PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With MySEQ!!!!

barrett
08-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Hey,

I downloaded MySEQ and I get all the way to where you click "go" and I log onto EverQuest and then I hit "go" once I am inside game but then it says "Error, cannot find sever"

Pleas help...send email to [email protected] if you know how to fix it.

Blind Aviator
08-06-2003, 07:31 AM
You have to set the IP in the client to point to the server....

Go into the Options (on the client) and set the "IP Address" option to the IP of the machine EQ (and MySEQ server) is running on... Make sure the port is 5555 also...

If that doesn't fix it repost here and someone will try to help you...

Also remember after this mornings patch MySEQ will not work until the offsets are updated (this is assuming they patch a new eqgame.exe file)... If they don't patch a new eqgame.exe then the old offsets should continue to work...
Offsets usually take a few hours to be posted....

BA

barrett
08-06-2003, 04:18 PM
Hey,

it has an IP address but how do I find out the IP address your talking about?

DaMule
08-07-2003, 09:22 AM
on your EQ box, open a dos(command) window and type 'ipconfig'
you want the IP Address listed there.

Enter that in the MySeq client.

slartibartfast
08-07-2003, 10:28 AM
If Server + client are running on the same machine you can use the localhost address of 127.0.0.1, Otherwise use IPConfig on the machine running the server to find its IP address.

barrett
08-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Hey,

I would go to options and erase the IP address that was already in the slot and put in 127.0.0.1 in the blank then log into EQ and then hit go and then it would day cannot find server.What am I doing wrong.

Blind Aviator
08-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Is the client and server running on the same machine or different machines??

BA

barrett
08-07-2003, 02:55 PM
That's the part I don't understand how do I find out if they are???

Blind Aviator
08-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Well did you download all the of the files Cavemanbob has posted in the MySEQ News section here:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3682

The file myseq-1.13.zip is the client program.
The file myseqserverc-1.9b.zip is the server program.
The file seq-maps.zip is the maps to be placed in the client folder.

Here is how it all works...

First you will need to make sure you have the DotNET files installed on your computer(s)... They are required to run the client...
Get the file here and install / reboot before you proceed:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&DisplayLang=en

If you only have 1 computer then the client IP address should be set to 127.0.0.1 and the client and server will both be on the same machine... So instead of installing the client to a separate machine you follow the steps and put it all on the same system...

On the machine running Everquest Extract the myseqserverc-1.9b.zip into a folder on your hard drive (doesn't really matter what the folder is named just create a new one)...
Once that is done get the latest offsets for the server here:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3847
Just download the offset.zip file and extract the file contained in it to the folder you created for the server... If it prompts you to overwrite a file hit the YES button... Everytime there is a patch (in Everquest) that patches a new eqgame.exe (you can tell that in the patch box) then you will have to come back here and get new offsets before it will work again... New offsets usually take a few hours to be posted so be patient...

Now install the client in the same way as the server:
If you have 2 computers it is best to install the client onto a second machine instead of the same as the server...
Extract myseq-1.13.zip into a directory on your hard drive... Again it doesn't really matter the directory name just create a new one and extract the files there...

Now put the maps into the client folder:
This one is a little more tricky... In the client folder there is already a folder named maps and in the seq-maps.zip the maps are already contained in a maps directory... Go into the client directory that you just extracted the files into and delete the maps folder... Now extract the seq-maps.zip into the client folder....

Now if you did all that right then the program should run properly once the IP and port is set...

On the machine running Everquest hit the "Start" button on task bar then select Run... In the run box type cmd to get a command prompt... In the command prompt box type ipconfig .... One of the lines that pops up says "IP Address" ... Copy down the following number as you see it onto a piece of paper... It will be something similar to 192.168.1.100 ...

Now start up the myseqserverc.exe on the machine running Everquest... Then start up the myseq.exe on the machine running the client... In the client options put the IP in that you just copied down and then make sure the port is set to 5555....

Now hit the GO button on the client and you should see something similar to this pop up on the server command box:

Version 1.9b
Waiting for new connection...
new connection from: 192.168.0.100

If you don't see the "New Connection from " then the client is not configured properly or their is a problem within the network that is not allowing them to see each other....

Now all you need to do is start up Everquest (if it is all configured properly)... You may have to hit the STOP button on the client and then GO again after you are in the game...

Well that is about all there is to it... Any more questions??

BA