PDA

View Full Version : Maps from source.

Angahran
08-26-2003, 07:49 AM
Hi,
Hoping someone can help (I've tried search and can't find the info)

I saw a post how someone had a way of extracting info from the EQ source files and, by going through a number of different programs, producing very detailed map files that could be displayed using the in game map feature.

But I can't find the thread :(

Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, what programs would be needed?

Thanks in advance

Ang.

who_me_use_seq
08-26-2003, 08:44 AM
I think that I see your problem. The Search button is broken on your copy of the forums. Because I just tried mine and it returned all the information that I would have needed to answer your question.

So do a dump of your browser cache. Gather up all the bits that belong to this forum's pages. Put them in a box with some packing peanuts and mail them to Ratt. He will send you a refurbished page with a working Search button.

LordCrush
08-26-2003, 12:36 PM
I am working on this atm ... i have written a VB-Script to extract Map info from the files EQZoneconverter writes. I have some results but still some things to do ... i will make a post the next days where i put up the script ... need some webspace first ;)

(I dont want to link to my company webspace wher my RL name is included :p)

Mr. Suspicious
08-26-2003, 02:38 PM
You're looking for http://www.hackersquest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2791

http://www.eqzoneviewer.com/ is a good one to, if you're not looking for actual maps you can paste a grid on

ksmith
08-26-2003, 04:01 PM
I don't read these boards much anymore.

Angahran - It is possible, but not easy. Search again, the thread had to do with hateplaneb.

LordCrush - send me a PM, I'll give you the code I have.

Angahran
09-19-2003, 07:02 AM
To the people that replied with useful info, Thanks alot :)

To everyone else, if your not going to post something useful, why waste your time and mine by posting at all ?

AnotherCoreDump
09-19-2003, 07:41 AM
Perhaps because you wasted their time by making them read things you did write, when you easily could have searched the forum for it?
Not that I'd ever post something like that, just an explanation.

fester
09-19-2003, 11:18 PM
/cheer AnotherCoreDump

This thread contains nothing new and will only serve to dilute the information available.

l0s3r
09-20-2003, 01:03 AM
half of performing a search is knowing exactly what to search for, he said he tried and couldn't find what he was after... he wasn't being a jerk about it.

And i didn't know LordCrush was working on converting from the eqzoneconverter until i read this thread, i even searched for every LordCrush post and didn't see any referencing this data... So it does contain something new, just not something that intrested you.

It obviously interested at least 2 people, potentially more.

I tend to agree more and more with people like Angahran, and less and less with the "search nazis"