PDA

View Full Version : CVS Commit (08/27/03)

Zaphod
08-27-2003, 08:17 PM
Let it be known throughout the land that Zaphod (dohpaZ) has returned bearing a CVS commit... :cool:

dohpaZ (08/27/03)
---------------------
+ Removed references to libeq.h and libeq.h itself.
+ Removed HAVE_LIBEQ usage
+ Updated documentation to reflect that libEQ.a is no longer needed
+ Updated Copyright years in a few places
+ Incorporated patches # 753236, 784791, 784794, 787748, Zoolander
+ Minor cleanups in netdiag, packet, and interface
+ Fixed assorted opcodes and structures
+ Fixed bank item slot printout for high number slots
+ Fixed formatted message, opcode, and updated to current format handling
+ Updated to work with 08/26/03 EQ patch (with help from codepig666, Talorn,
and DebianSEQ)

You may wish to get a fresh/clean showeq tree for this one. You will at minimum have to do a 'make -f Makefile.dist'.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

mudtoe
08-27-2003, 09:51 PM
Are these updates already in CVS? I just browsed the CVS tree and it shows the most recent updates still two months old.

mudtoe

codepig666
08-27-2003, 09:59 PM
I have no idea why, but CVS is pointing to the backup server, so all you can see right now is yesterday's crap. There is a message to this effect when you browse the repository.

Hopefully it comes back soon and we can actually get Zaphod's most excellent update.

--piggy

Sneaky
08-27-2003, 10:04 PM
I just updated about 3 hours ago (9PM EDT US) and it was still broken for me...are the posting times Zulu or what?

x b
08-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Noticed there was a new tarball in the files section of the project on Sourceforge. Building it now, however, I am very hopeful as its dated today.

Thanks everyone involved. I have followed this project since hackersquest.gomp.ch days and its amazing what you all do.

x_b

Zaphod
08-27-2003, 10:29 PM
The Browse CVS Repository of SourceForge.net is unfortunately pointing at the backup CVS server which is only updated once every 24 hours.

Using a CVSROOT of ':pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq' should get you the current CVS.

But because I'm such a nice guy, and because SourceForges' pserver access to CVS is currently less then optimal (http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=17790&group_id=1#cvs) I have created a tarball release which can be found here (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/seq/ShowEQ-4.3.9.tar.bz2?download) in the SEQ Files section (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10131). I hope this helps.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

S_B_R
08-27-2003, 10:31 PM
It's good to have you back Zaphod. :D

exslam
08-27-2003, 11:25 PM
DL'd the new file found in SEQ Files for today
untar'd it into of course '/seq/showeq'

[]# export CC=gcc-3.0.1
[]# export CXX=g++-3.0.1
[]# export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.0.5
[]# make -f Makefile.dist - Success
[]# ./configure - Success
[]# make - Failure

packet.cpp:2797: 'DoorSpawnsCode' undeclared (first use this function)
packet.cpp:2797: (Each undeclaired itentifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [packet.o] error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/seq/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: LEaving directory '/seq/showeq'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

All goes fine untill it gets to make, obviously.
Now im a newbie when it comes to linux & C... but trying to figure this out myself.
Just wanted to post what ive gotten when trying the update..

Ex-

DebianSEQ
08-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the mention, but I really didn't do much Zaphod! I had just started working with the structures that you apparently had already fixed =)

LordCrush
08-27-2003, 11:36 PM
Nice to see you back Zaphod /cheer :D

anonymoose
08-27-2003, 11:47 PM
Its great to have you back Zaphod. Thank you for the hard work and the cvs update.

Also thank you codepig666, Talorn, and DebianSEQ!

junk
08-27-2003, 11:49 PM
Nice to have you back, Zaphod, I was wondering what happened to you. :)

Zaphod
08-28-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by DebianSEQ
Thanks for the mention, but I really didn't do much Zaphod! I had just started working with the structures that you apparently had already fixed =)

Every little bit helps. Sanity checks and alternate ideas are typically helpful.

Originally posted by exslam
DL'd the new file found in SEQ Files for today
untar'd it into of course '/seq/showeq'

All goes fine untill it gets to make, obviously.
Now im a newbie when it comes to linux & C... but trying to figure this out myself.
Just wanted to post what ive gotten when trying the update..

Ex-

First exslam, help request and problem reports go in the ShowEQ Help Forum (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=5) and further discussion of your problem should be discussed there. Second, make sure the tar is creating it's own showeq directory and you aren't trying to have it overwrite an existing one.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

junk
08-28-2003, 12:27 AM
+ Removed references to libeq.h and libeq.h itself.

I took that to mean that libeq.h is no longer included in the distro, however it IS still in the distro, still have to "cp libeq.h libEQ.h" to make it compile. It's still #included on line 34 of packet.cpp and it's still generated in the makefiles. :)

Zaphod
08-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by junk
I took that to mean that libeq.h is no longer included in the distro, however it IS still in the distro, still have to "cp libeq.h libEQ.h" to make it compile. It's still #included on line 34 of packet.cpp and it's still generated in the makefiles. :)

Actually, it has been removed. You apparently got the old version from CVS. Consider using the aforementioned tarball. Please see the SourceForge.net Short Status on CVS (http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=17790&group_id=1#cvs) for greater details of the CVS situation. Here's the relevant details for convenience (all bolding is theirs):

Performance of project CVS services has been lacking in recent months. To combat this issue, we are in the process of replacing the current CVS infrastructure; this is expected to be completed in an August time frame.

In the mean time pserver and ViewCVS repository access is being served from the backup CVS server, which is 24 hours behind the primary CVS server.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

exslam
08-28-2003, 12:43 AM
Ya Zaphod, figured that would be said ^_^
thats why i didnt request help, just wanted to let ya know what was going on.. & i fixed issue

Ex-

Zaphod
08-28-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by exslam
Ya Zaphod, figured that would be said ^_^
thats why i didnt request help, just wanted to let ya know what was going on.. & i fixed issue

Ex-

I understand, but I don't want people to get confused :confused:. You were describing a problem and the ShowEQ Help Desk (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=5) is the forum "for ShowEQ questions and problems"

I've got enough issues trying to cope with SourceForge.net's CVS nonsense. :(

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

anonymoose
08-28-2003, 01:27 AM
Not really the right place but...

With the june 11th patch they changed the blue / light blue range for characters 61-65. I do not have any solid data for levels 61-64 but the following is true for 65

levels 1-44 green
levels 45-49 light blue
levels 50-64 blue

I would assume (but we all know the danger of that) that you would simply go down 1 level for each range for levels 64--

anywho, just wanted to make you aware of a changed needed to player.cpp in the cvs and tarball.

minigirl
08-28-2003, 05:56 AM
And the rest of the team(ers).

For the record I very much appreciated your alls great maintenance of showeq.

I have used seq since i think 3 years and its a integral part of my hobby. Not that i dont enjoy eq without it...just not so much..=)

I have donated 100$ to Internatinal Red Cross ... this was my itsy bitsy tiny way to pay a little back from all i have gotten.

Mini.

junk
08-28-2003, 11:32 AM
I do apologize, Zaphod, I read the CVS status on SF's site and I must've completely missed that message.

DanoStu
08-29-2003, 11:02 AM
Thanks, Zaphod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!