PDA

View Full Version : Issues with 8/26/03 offsets

bobobard
09-02-2003, 09:18 PM
*begin edit *

My server directory was on my EQ machine... my client on second machine.

What I did was copy the server directory onto my client machine then shared that directory.

I ran the server on my EQ Machine from the shared directory of my client machine.

Everything worked... /boggle

Maybe there's some encoding issues with file type on win XP machines when I download the ini file? I downloaded the offsets file on my win98 machine in winzip and then unzipped it to my EQ machine which is winXP.

I dont know why it works like this and why it didnt work with the normal set up.

*end edit *

Everything was working fine for me from the 8/8 offsets... then they patched... I downloaded the new offsets and replaced my "myseqserver.ini" file.

Now, when I connect to the server, my client only has a red dot in the middle of the screen...

I checked the command prompt window on the server and it is saying that it got the connection.

Is there something more I need to do to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help...

FYI:
EQMachine is XP
Client machine is 98

Pit Boss
09-09-2003, 07:03 PM
I also am only getting the red dot in the middle of the screen. Nothing else. No list of NPCs, no map and nothing on the radar but the single red dot.

suziwon
09-09-2003, 07:27 PM
The offsets changed with the patch for LDoN. There is a thread in the General DIscussion sectioin of the forum pertaining to this. Unfortunately, the spawn info offsets are not known at this time, and using the offsets that are known cause a major crash.

Look at the thread about needing help with the Macroquest offsets in the general discussion forum started by me :D