PDA

View Full Version : Working Map - The Maw of the Menaferie

Wizzard005
09-11-2003, 12:21 AM
Anyone have a working map of this zone? eqtoolbox doesnt have one that works...

faederya
09-11-2003, 08:49 AM
TXT files do work Wizz

According to Throxx:

Get rid of the _1 or _3 from the end of the filename, or do what I did and change the code to also look for _1.txt, _2.txt and _3.txt.

Yrvaken
09-11-2003, 09:17 AM
i did try to remove the _1 and _3 still dont show the map. all mobs are there and all working good but no map

z26o
09-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Yrvaken
i did try to remove the _1 and _3 still dont show the map. And you left the file ext .txt? And make sure there are no files with the same name and a .map extention in that directory. If so, Im not sure why it's not working for you. I can't test it myself, but it sounds like it should work. When MySeq can't find a map (in either format) it will display a message "can't find xyz.map" or something like that. Make note of the exact file name it's looking for and ensure your .txt file is named that (but with the .txt extn.)

Z

elminster
09-11-2003, 10:42 AM
You don't see the map because the lines are black, and so is the background. Either change your background, or change the color of the lines.

Easy way to do that is to open the file up in wordpad, and do a find/replace for:

0, 0, 0, 0

and replace it with

0, 255, 255, 255

The four 0's in the first represent Z axis value, Red, Green, Blue. Since the Z axis value comes just before the RGB values, doing a search for just ", 0, 0, 0" would mess up some lines on the 0 Z axis, so you need to include it in the find/replace to make sure you keep the 0's when they're appropriate.

If someone knows an easier way to change the lines, feel free to post it. That's a major PITA to do for every map that's come out for LDoN so far since they're all black lines. :-)

z26o
09-11-2003, 11:18 AM
If its a case of background color you should be able to change it in the options menu of MySeq. Just select "Options > Background Color" and use the color picker to get a color that works.

Z

Yrvaken
09-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Thanks got it working now. :)
whas because the lines are black :mad:
hehe kinda takes along time to edit all maps
Thanks again guys

Wizzard005
09-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Anyone want to post a zip of all the new zones? I would do it but dones wanna mess it up for the other users since I am still a newb :P

Also, where do you edit these maps so you can change the naming on them?