PDA

View Full Version : Important Notice: WSEQ is a Trojan

Ratt
12-14-2001, 07:24 PM
The current incarnation of "WinSEQ" or "wseq32" being distributed by Binaryrevolt is a password theft program.

Usage of this software will result in your account login and password being sent to presumably Binaryrevolt, thereby compromising your account. You will then lose your account.

You have been warned.

segv
12-14-2001, 09:14 PM
Have you informed Verant of the trojan? Perhaps this is correlated to the current Login Server outage?

adenine!
12-15-2001, 12:03 AM
Better a trojan than a working Windows version of SEQ.

bluevulpine
12-15-2001, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by segv
Have you informed Verant of the trojan? Perhaps this is correlated to the current Login Server outage?

Several game servers and both login servers seemed to have crashed... Test's login is up and running again.

malakin
12-15-2001, 02:37 AM
It's not often I'm glad something is a trojan and not what it claims to be :)

Orchid
12-15-2001, 03:06 AM
I can see it now. Three hundred petitions on various servers all not having a clue why their account was hacked. ::sighs:: Glad it isn't a true Windows port though.

awhamilt
12-15-2001, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by malakin
It's not often I'm glad something is a trojan and not what it claims to be :)

If you think about it, a working Windows version of SEQ is a trojan anyway.

It claims that it will bring SEQ to the masses, but really what it will do is destroy SEQ for everyone... ;)

BlueAdept
12-15-2001, 09:34 PM
Binaryrevolt is a total moron and unfortunately anyone who was stupid enough to try it probably got what they deserved...

I really hope that Binary didnt get any working accounts though.

Hey Ratt, since he is also registered on HQ, how about getting his info and posting it here. If anyone deserves spam or worse...he does.

Mr Guy
12-18-2001, 09:29 AM
When justice might be served. Anyone should have been able to tell he was a troll idiot by reading his posts, if you downloaded his program, ran it, and now can't get your account back because you'd have to call Verant and say, "Um I tried to cheat but I got suckered".

Call it chlorine in the gene pool.

v-vox
12-18-2001, 11:36 AM
/agree... serves em right. I actually hope it was a Verant ploy...

-Vv

anon2
12-18-2001, 12:09 PM
We always knew he was a troll, now we know he's a moron and an @$$ as well.... You learn somehthing new everyday :)

binaryrevolt
12-21-2001, 12:33 PM
Ratt, even I'm surprised.

The only reason SEQ is still around right now is because we decided not to release it to the masses.

This makes me laugh, though, that you are so scared that you have to make up lies because you have no useful contribution to this project anymore.

Instead of making up flames, why don't you work on that POS seqv4?

Maybe this will change my mind to kill your project.

Mr Guy
12-21-2001, 12:47 PM
Aaah the ignore list....I like this feature.

I don't know what YOU guys see, but I see:

binaryrevolt: This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

It's under the button "user cp" http://seq.sourceforge.net/usercp.php?s=

high_jeeves
12-21-2001, 01:11 PM
You are my hero Mr. Guy... This page is much nicer now that I have him on my ignore list too.

DaMule
12-21-2001, 09:25 PM
Woohoo!! I finally registered just for this feature.. No more Trolls.. :D