PDA

View Full Version : Any RGB color on maps?

Tor K'tal
09-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Currently SEQ works on using a base set of 16 specific colors for drawing lines on maps.

Would there be any intereste in there being support for displaying any RGB 256 color that is in the map file?

With some of my initial testings I have come up with a way to do this with out changing the format of the map files themselves. I have an alpha of the change (atleast I would call it an alpha). Currently what I have is display only and does not allow for you drawing with any color if you are creating a map on your SEQ machine (the original 16 colors are still available).

I started working on it cause I could never seem to find an RGB.txt file that support all colors in the EQ Maps and some of the RGB.txt files didn't point didn't point to 1 of the 16 predefined names. Maybe I just never found a good RGB.txt and I wasn't learned enough in the way SEQ worked to make my own.

Is there a reason why this hasn't been done already/before? (I will admit I did not do search on the topic)

Tor K'tal
09-14-2003, 05:59 AM
NM

As it turns out this feature already exists in the exact way I was going to impliment it.

So I still have a question tho... but I will probably have to post it in the devel forum, unless a moderator would like to move this thread there. What is the drawmap.cpp files used for anymore? could it be removed from CVS if it has be depreciated out of existance?

Last comment and I'll be done... to those folks converting maps if you don't want to best guess one of the 16 predined colors for a SEQ map, you could replace the color section of the line with a #FFFFFF formatted RGB. Keep in mind that black on black is unreadable.

~ TK