PDA

View Full Version : Does ShowEQ Windows work on LIVE (sony) servers?

Juggalo316
10-08-2003, 04:39 AM
Thanks

LordCrush
10-08-2003, 05:38 AM
*Hgrmgf* ... no flame :p

JustAnotherUser
10-08-2003, 06:28 AM
no ... hmm on second thought ... nope i think not ..

slartibartfast
10-08-2003, 09:30 AM
hmm wonder where you can find the ShowEQ status...

It would be really cool if they put it somewhere nice and obvious.

<---------- looks left

aha !!! ;)

MYSeq works completely differently to ShowEQ and doesnt require a recompile after a patch to get it working, All it needs is a new ini file, which is normally available within a couple of hours of the servers going back up.

dyerstraights
10-09-2003, 07:51 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a server status in red before.... Hmmmm... All servers are down right now for patch, still green :-p

Squiffy
10-10-2003, 02:08 PM
The whole thing's hokey, even on the EQLive website, it can show all servers as being "UP" but the Login server is still down while they do last touches on the patch, or test it out on live servers.

Yet, somehow, in Sony's wisdom, they decided to not show the Login Server status anywhere, which is really the only one that matters, since you can see server status once you get to Server Select anyway. :rolleyes:

datadog
10-10-2003, 02:35 PM
The ShowEQ Status indicated in the left column of this website has absolutely nothing to do with the status of EQ lands servers.

It also has absolutely nothing to do with the status of MySEQ.

It has everything to do with whether or not the Linux version of SEQ is currently able to decode and display skittles on your screen. It is not an automated thing. A human being has to update that text manually.

Lately Zaphod has been posting updates for the Linux version so quickly after an EQ patch that GREEN is accurate about 99% of the time anyway.

EDIT: Typographical Blunders