PDA

View Full Version : New patches coming soon

Yendor
01-27-2002, 11:44 AM
I will post a patch today to fix corpse movement (ie you don't see PC corpses move when they are dragged).

I will also post a patch regarding the warning message about sizeof NewCorpse.

Just wanted to let you know it was on its way...

Yendor
01-27-2002, 01:43 PM
patches posted to SF patch manager

Yendor
01-27-2002, 05:18 PM
Next patch from me will be the spawnlogging feature that got removed when seq 4 came out.

Data will be in the same format as before with possibly one exception (required to fix some bugs in the previous version where zone change data was a little mixed up).

Not sure when it will be done, maybe today maybe later in the week. I have most of the code written but I need to change my packet logging class around a bit to make it a little cleaner.

Cryonic
01-27-2002, 07:16 PM
I don't recall if the old logging feature was able to do this, but a nice thing for the logging to do would be to output the spawn point of the mob to the log. The reason, might make it easier to isolate wandering place holders for various mobs like Quillmane in SK.

Obviously this wouldn't give a direct in game advantage, but could be used post process to go through the log and find all mobs that appeared at a certain point.

Yendor
01-28-2002, 09:37 PM
Cryonic spawn location was in the spawnlog format before and remains the same in mine.

Some changes from previous spawnlog format:

1. Zone name in the zone header is now the short name
rather than the long name. (ie. ecommons instead of
East Commons). The reason is because it is possible for
there to be loggable spawn info prior to the server sending
us the long name information. This fixes some of the odd
reporting right around zone changes in the previous version.

2. Player names might be in a different format, not sure what
it was before and I am still playing with it to see how much
of a choice I have. Different format meaning how
firstname/lastname are displayed on player spawns.

Changes I *want* to make and would like to know if anyone objects. Only matters to log file parsers which would have to get updated to deal with the change in format:

1. Level of spawn on all entries
2. Name of killer on killed spawn entries

Not having much time to code at the moment. But this is almost done. Just have to decide on some cosmetic code issues :) and do some testing.

serberus
01-29-2002, 07:50 AM
2. Name of killer on killed spawn entries

What are the limits of this capability? Is it actually possible to log everyone that kills an orc pawn in greater fay or is it just a case of which npc has been killed by another npc?

it'd be very handy to know how something died and what or who killed it so I can't see any objections to that.

Serberus

Yendor
01-29-2002, 08:28 AM
It's whoever got the killing blow, be it NPC or PC.

Yendor
01-30-2002, 11:38 PM
spawnlogging patch posted

LordCrush
01-31-2002, 12:33 AM
Great - Thank you very much :D

- Lord Crush