PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ 1.15.3

MQSEQ2
11-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Thanks to everyone who has tested and made suggestions on how to improve the project.

Features Added:
Toggle EQ Auto Selection
Spawn List Gridlines Toggle
Spawn List Background Color
Global Filter List - For those who are looking for the same type of Mob in multiple zones (ie. Orc Pawns)

Fixes:
Con Colors

Source Code:
Moved the Structures into a Structure Class
Will be moving General routines into a common source file.
Will continue to fix the naming convention to controls, etc.

The cleaner the code, the easier it will be for future changes and will allow other to help out but was too affraid to touch the code.

http://www.geocities.com/mqseq

Grenen
11-04-2003, 09:01 AM
Max override lvl 60 or am i doing something wrong? =)

MQSEQ2
11-04-2003, 09:14 AM
Fixed in 1.15.3 - Max Override level is now 65.

elminster
11-04-2003, 10:18 AM
Continue using server version 1.9b with the included offsets? Or is there a new server version and/or a new set of offsets? I saw the sample list of the new offsets in the 1.15.1 thread, not sure if they're for actual use or just as an example.

MQSEQ2
11-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Continue to use the 1.9 Server version. I'm working on the 2.0 Server, trying to do the final testing tonight.

The sample Ini was to show all the other type of information that we can displayed via the MySEQ client. To add the SpawnInfo will be fairly easy to update the code but to add the Player Info will require a major upgrade in the structures and communications between the server and the client.

MQSEQ2
11-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Current feature being worked on:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4154

I have added the source code in a untested 1.15.3 (my toon is currently sitting in the Bazaar and I'm at work programming). I created a GroundItems.Ini in the CFG directory:

[GroundItem]
IT27_ACTORDEF=Book
IT63_ACTORDEF=Small Bag
IT66_ACTORDEF=Forge
IT69_ACTORDEF=Oven
IT70_ACTORDEF=Brew Barrel
IT73_ACTORDEF=Kiln
IT74_ACTORDEF=Pottery Wheel
IT128_ACTORDEF=Loom
IT403_ACTORDEF=Yew Leaf

The principle idea is that when you place the cursor over a GroundItem it will display the Real Name (ie. Book) vs. the EQ Name (ie. IT27_ACTORDEF) and if no item can be found in the list it will show the EQ Name.

So if your out and about running around please start making notes of the EQ Name and what the Real Name is. This will allow us to create a list of items that we can filter on in the Spawn List, kinda like the Hunt/Caution/Rare. We would add another section called GroundItems for that zone so it can be highlited for you.

jag111
11-04-2003, 11:35 AM
You might want to check the Macroquest forums or source tree for a more complete list of matchups for groundspawns. Slartibartfast had said they've got a list.

slartibartfast
11-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Item Numbers.

ShowEQ has quite a few:

check here
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/seq/showeq/src/weapons.h

I think the IT400 series maps to weapons1.h, I looked in to this briefly in the past but someone else said they were going to work on a translation layer so i didnt delve too deeply. Macroquest also has a very similar layer to ShowEQ (in fact much of the code seems to have been copied from showeq)

"Lava Rock", // 0x90
"Red Mushroom", // 0x91
"Blue Mushroom", // 0x92
"Green Leaf", // 0x93

showme1
11-04-2003, 12:38 PM
Running very clean and working great. Thank you so much for your hard work EVERYONE involved. You have made the game fun for me again. Im very excited about the new server BTW!

MQSEQ2
11-04-2003, 12:57 PM
I used MacroQuest to get the offsets for the Sample Ini (I actually use the Ini) MQSEQ stands for MacroQuest and ShowEQ (or in this case MySEQ). I troll all the areas and I have started a list of the weapons and such so I can get that info put into the client.

I will take a look at those sites and compare them to what I already have.

I'm glad someone is having fun in the game, that's kinda why I'm doing alot of development work now on the tools.

Wattie
11-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Like to say thanks for doing this it looks great, but one small thing. I can't make mobs bolded =(.

MQSEQ2
11-04-2003, 03:15 PM
When you say bolded are you saying you want all mobs bolded in the list but not the players or do you want certain mobs bolded?

Please give me better details so I can grasp the concept of what you are looking for.

Wattie
11-04-2003, 04:07 PM
The mob listing on the side. I want the ability to make certain mobs in bold letters so they stand out. How they appear on the actual map currently works just fine for me.

Example

Trapman100
Trapman101
Vegerog guy00
Trapman102
Trapman103
elem guy00

like that. I want the ability to bold or unbold mobs of my choosing on the spawn list.
It makes it easy to spot spawns for me.

MQSEQ2
11-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Have you used the Alert Filters?

I will add an option to allow you to type in a mob name and have it add it to a temporary hunt list which will draw a circle around them.

jag111
11-04-2003, 05:27 PM
More features and fixes

So here is a zip of the changes I've made since 15.3. Summary follows:

http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ/myseq_changes_jag111_1.15.3.zip

Added:
----------
- Folders tab to the Options dialog to configure Map, Cfg, and Filters, directories
- FolderBrowser.dll by Rama Krishna from CodeProject (http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/folderbrowser.asp)
- LogLib.cs written by me so we can have an easier time debugging our own problems as well as diagnosing problems other people are having by having them post their log file.
- The logging library is written so that you can log messages with different log levels. What is actually written to the log file depends on what the user sets the Logging Level to be in the Options dialog. By default, I think I have it set to zero, which is no logging at all. 1 is ideally only error messages caught in try/catch blocks. Anything higher is for verbose logging.
- Since I added the logging library, I went through all of the rest of the code and added log messages to any caught exceptions that were basically just being ignored. (This is primarily why there are so many files in the changed files zip)
- X-windows style focus changing between the spawn list and the map pane so that you don't have to click one or the other to give them focus. Works well when you do a lot of mouse-wheel stuff on both of them.

Fixed:
--------
- If you toggled off Show Players in the options menu, the client seemed to hang until you restarted it. Fixed that bug, but those view options still aren't working the way I'd ideally have them work. But that's topic for later discussion. Client doesn't hang anymore.

P.S. I'm posting this in a hurry and so it's possible I forgot something in the change summary, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

Wattie
11-04-2003, 05:29 PM
I tried using the alerts feature, it didn't do anything.

MQSEQ2
11-04-2003, 06:26 PM
I just tested the Global and Zone Alerts Hunt/Caution/Rare and all variations worked fine.

Once you save the file: (Example below)
=========================================
# Include # on every line that is not a filter
# Be sure to only have up to 1 extra space at the end
#
#
# Hunt will put a yellow circle around the mob
[hunt]
shard
#
#
# Caution will draw an flashing line to the target (traps etc)
[caution]
#
#
# Rare will draw a flashing white circle around the mob
[rare]

=========================================
Hit F6 to Reload the Alerts, in 1.15.3 the F6 will cause a Reload as well as a Spawn List Refresh.

Once you hit F6 the mobs should start flashing if any are up and the Mobs will be moved to the top of the Spawn List if you are using the Prefix option under Options.

MQSEQ2
11-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Thanks Jag, i will get those added to the source tonight so I can release it tomorrow morning as 1.15.4. I have added a few features today as well and I have started the Mob Timers.

Anyone good with Hashtables that can answer the simple question of how to change a value in the Hashtable?

Wattie
11-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Ok , then what am I doing wrong then?

Here is my earth filter file

# Include # on every line that is not a filter
# Be sure to only have up to 1 extra space at the end
#
#
# Hunt will put a yellow circle around the mob
[hunt]
#
#
# Caution will draw an flashing line to the target (traps etc)
[caution]
#
#
# Rare will draw a flashing white circle around the mob
[rare]
vegerog guy00

I am using the default settings in options under the alert tab. What am I missing here? vegerog guy does not get highleted on my map nor any other mob I put in the list.

jag111
11-04-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by MQSEQ2
Anyone good with Hashtables that can answer the simple question of how to change a value in the Hashtable?

Off the top of my head, I'd say do something like pull the object out of the hashtable, update it, and throw it back in.

MQSEQ2
11-04-2003, 07:09 PM
That's not what I wanted to hear hehe, but i figured that was what I was gonna have to do. Google not my friend today with Hashtables.

I just finished using BeyondCompare (http://www.scootersoftware.com) to merge all your changes into the current source. Now I'm about to test it out. You did some very nice work there.

jag111
11-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Bah, what I've done so far since 15 has been the easy stuff. The LogLib I grabbed from another one of my projects. Once I'm able to re-code the View filters I had back in 14.2 without causing the cpu utilization to peg, then I'll be happy. =)

And after that, I plan on re-vamping the whole way alerts work (RegEx goodness) so that we can use SEQ's filter files without modification.

MQSEQ2
11-04-2003, 07:25 PM
I use RegEx in the Speech part only right now. Trying to get alot done in a very short time. I'm currently ignoring a Raid so that I can program hehe.

The testing is going great so far.

cavemanbob
11-05-2003, 02:37 AM
Exactly what maor change are you making to the server to warrant a 2.0 release? Unless it's a major overhaul adding many new features, just do a 1.10. Even if there are major changes, do a 1.10 to test the new stuff and do a 2.0 when it's debugged.

sauron
11-05-2003, 04:56 AM
I found a bug in 15.2 so it should still be in 15.3 as well.

Apparently none of the .txt maps will load. I have all my LDON maps in .txt format, and even if I go to "Load Map" from the menu, I can't get .txt maps to load.

MQSEQ2
11-05-2003, 05:53 AM
I will check out the LDoN maps today. Looks like they are patching the servers today so development is going to be slow since I won't be in front of the computer doing it, so testing won't get done until tonight.

Caveman, the version doen't matter to me we've just been stuck on 1.9b for a long time and it has had changes but no Rev change. I was trying to make it so folks knew there was a difference. If I can get the Structures changes in place it would warrant a major version change due to the alot of code would be changing. I will release a 1.10 today that has a few changes in preparations for the upcoming changes.

Fidd
11-05-2003, 06:43 AM
Hi..

Thanks for your awsome work on mySEQ.

I understand you are working on the server now and it would be very nice if you could add a feature for forcing the server to use another PID than the first EQ PID...

I am 2 boxing on same PC, and if I want mySEQ to work on the second EQ i started, I have to logg off the first one..

Any chance this could be fixed in a way ?

Cheers
/Fidd

MQSEQ2
11-05-2003, 07:30 AM
It would be easy to add the feature to get all EQ pid's they tough part is to figure out how to get the user to choose the PID they need. Meaning I could scan the process list and build a list then if the list contains more than 1 PID, present a menu selection so you can choose which one. Now the tough one is for the user to choose the correct one, I guess you could determine the higher PID is the second EQ launched. I will try to get that in today but I won't be able to test it till tonight.

Does that sound kinda what you are looking for?

MQSEQ2
11-05-2003, 08:25 AM
I downloaded both sets of LDoN map files from:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4142

I used Deda's map they they appear to work properly.
Blackbelts don't seem to be in the proper format on the maps I tested.

Fidd
11-05-2003, 09:31 AM
It would be easy to add the feature to get all EQ pid's they tough part is to figure out how to get the user to choose the PID they need. Meaning I could scan the process list and build a list then if the list contains more than 1 PID, present a menu selection so you can choose which one. Now the tough one is for the user to choose the correct one, I guess you could determine the higher PID is the second EQ launched. I will try to get that in today but I won't be able to test it till tonight.

Does that sound kinda what you are looking for?

That would be neat.. Can't wait you try it out..

Thanks alot

Cheers
Fidd

MQSEQ2
11-05-2003, 09:37 AM
I have started the process for this feature. It isn't in the 1.10 server tho, I will try to get it in ASAP.

sauron
11-05-2003, 12:21 PM
I downloaded both sets of LDoN map files from:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4142

I used Deda's map they they appear to work properly.
Blackbelts don't seem to be in the proper format on the maps I tested.

I just re-confirmed the problem. I used MySeq from Oct (older version) and it loads all my LDON .txt maps fine. I got these from http://maps.eq-toolbox.com. Then I load 15.3 and try to Open Map (using menu) and I select *.txt type. Then I try for example mira.txt. It won't load. No error message. When I load a regular .map file, then try mira.txt it leave the previous map up (basically does nothing).

Here is a list of steps I just took:

* Go to http://maps.eq-toolbox.com.

* Download Mira_1.txt.

* load old version of MySEQ and load Mira_1.txt -- it works.

* load 15.3 of MQSEQ and load Mira_1.txt and it will not load.

Fidd
11-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Have you tried to change the background color ?

The maps are drawn in black, so you will not see the map unless you change the color in the file or change the background color in mySEQ.

Fidd

MQSEQ2
11-05-2003, 01:32 PM
I will go back to 1.13 and look at the differences for the two. I hadn't mad any changes on the mapping area so I will need to look at it.

Slart has emailed a link to working LDoN maps so I will check those out. I do know that Deda's .map files work ok but the .txt files don't so that will be fairly easy to resolve.

MQSEQ2
11-05-2003, 03:43 PM
I fixed the bug for LDoY and will be updating the 1.15.4 source code tonight with it. Once I have done that I post a message telling folks to download it.

sauron
11-06-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Fidd
Have you tried to change the background color ?

The maps are drawn in black, so you will not see the map unless you change the color in the file or change the background color in mySEQ.

Fidd

Yes -- as I said, I can load a real .map file, then try to load a mira_1.txt and it leaves the old .map on the screen (the .txt doesn't load). Try the steps I listed yourself :)

Sounds like MQSEQ2 has tracked down what has changed in the version though from his post above. Thank you MQSEQ2!

By the way, I found a utility called "Mappie" which will take a whole directory of .txt maps (or .maps probably also) and change a color to another color. I ran this on my LDON maps to change black to white. It worked like a charm. Of couse in the test I listed above, I used the raw mira_1.txt so that you all could reproduce the bug.

Looking forward to testing the upcoming 15.4 version..! Thanks again for the developers hard work! Caveman's project is certainly moving along nicely as of late with your help!

MQSEQ2
11-06-2003, 08:39 AM
1.15.4 is now out and the .Txt issue has been resolved in it.