PDA

View Full Version : manual on what new thing do?

Lance
11-05-2003, 09:33 PM
just wondering, on the new MYSEQ there's hunt, rare, and caution, what casuses each one to trigger? or can you put a mob in these categories?...also I was wondering is ther a way to keep the map centered on the player character (er..have the map move around the player character while walking) like in the past MYSEQ editions with the black background? - I tend to have my seq on the same computer and it works easier with the limited monitor space I have to be able to have my player character in a single space on the screen.

MQSEQ2
11-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Ok I will start with the following:

Alert Filters - Hunt/Caution/Rare filters are use to locate Spawns (Mob/Players) in a zone. To Add/Edit Spawns to the list go to Options -> Alerts -> Add/Edit Zone Alerts (F7) or OOptions -> Alerts -> Add/Edit Global Alerts. This will launch Notepad.Exe with the specific file you are wanting to modify. Zone Alerts is used for Spawns in that Zone while Global Alerts can be used for a Spawn that might spawn in multiple zones.

=========================================
# Include # on every line that is not a filter
# Be sure to only have up to 1 extra space at the end
#
#
# Hunt will put a yellow circle around the mob
[hunt]
Orc Pawns
#
#
# Caution will draw an flashing line to the target (traps etc)
[caution]
Gaurds
#
#
# Rare will draw a flashing white circle around the mob
[rare]
Something rare

===========================================

Hunt will flash a Yellow circle around anything that matches Orc Pawn.
Caution will flash a yellow circle as well as a yellow/red line depending on how close the spawn is to you.
Rare will flash a red circle around anything that matches Something rare.

Next for the following the player option.

Click options -> Map Settings -> Center on Player (F5), this will toggle the follow on player. This will allow you to pan around the screen and stay in that location while the player is running around or it will follow the player.

The colors for the Map/Spawn List/Range Circle can be changed via Options -> Options -> Color Tab.

Most options are self explainatory so if you find one that you need help with please post the question and we will answer them ASAP.

Lance
11-06-2003, 09:23 AM
ok I think I get it now:) but on the globals ..say If I am in Greater Faydark and I have my global set to alert me when Quilmane spawns...will it pick up that he has spawned in SK when I am in GF?

Alfred
11-06-2003, 09:44 AM
dude ;)

It is very tempting but I'll be nice.

When you zone, sony/veriant/eq is sending you data (from their servers) for that zone only. Ever. Period. Ok?

There is no way that your client will know when something is spawing in another zone, you have to be in that zone yourself.

I think the idea behind the global filter is placing mobs that you know you are interested in no matter what, and YOU don't want to take the time to configure it for each zone filter.

Bob the builder
11-06-2003, 10:11 AM
will it pick up that he has spawned in SK when I am in GF?

No. You must be in the zone for those spawns to be seen by sEQ.

MQSEQ2
11-06-2003, 10:45 AM
That would be cool tho.

Alfred is correct the Global is for those who hunt the same mobs in different zones and don't want to edit every zone filter to add the mob in each one of them.

Lance
11-06-2003, 12:01 PM
ummm....I have the check next to center on player but the map still doesn't move..I keep running off my screen ..I was hoping to get the map moving around me like some of the earlier versions:(

Lance
11-06-2003, 12:11 PM
ooook I think I see that's what those new zneg and pos are for then..I moved them both to zero and now the map moves around me...at least for now :)

hmm... nope once I got to a certain point the player character started moving again and the map stopped.

MQSEQ2
11-06-2003, 01:01 PM
Make sure there is a check next to Center on Player then when you zoom out the map will follow the player. The Zneg/Zpos is for depth filtering up and down. OffsetX/OffsetY is what pans the map around.

Slart is the one that made the Center on Player option so if you want the map to Center on Player while at 100% Zoom then we made need to add another toggle option that allows the map to follow on zoom 20% to 100%. I have not tested it but I think that's what your asking for.

Lance
11-06-2003, 05:44 PM
cool, that would work...yeah I've checked the spot next to center on player and sometimes the map movesaround while I am stationary but then it suddenly changes to where my little dot is moving and the map is stationary...that way I walk right off of my little viewing spot I have set up on the one computer i am using...the older myseq with the black background worked well for me..it would let the map move around while I walked ...I usually try to keep my limited view centered on my player character so I can navigate around creatures and I think that that button that would allow the map to move around while the player character stays in one place on the monitor with the 20% - 100% zoom is a good idea.

Undertaker
12-26-2003, 02:25 PM
The colors for the Map/Spawn List/Range Circle can be changed via Options -> Options -> Color Tab.

I don't see any options to change the color of these. I'm running 1.15.14 and all i see on the Color Tab is "Map Background, Grid, Range Circle, List Background, and MQConsole Background".