PDA

View Full Version : Time to start on a SysTray Server

MQSEQ2
11-06-2003, 07:16 AM
I will be starting the process of working on a SysTray version of the server. I already have all the code to make an SysTray application now it's time to join the codes together.

Features:
Ini driven
SysTray Icon
Context Menu to Start/Stop the server
Error Logging

Please put in your request of what you would like to see in this version.

Warrior Mage x3
11-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Switching which version to monitor when dueling on one box.

... and a spiffy icon for the tray.

MQSEQ2
11-06-2003, 11:32 AM
That was requested yesterday. I have started on that feature. I will need to work on the server stuff once I'm at home and in front of EQ.

Basically I will dispaly the list o PID (EQ Processes) in a menu and you can then select which EQ instance you want to monitor.

Bob the builder
11-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Why does mySEQ still need a server? SEQ doesnt ... I know were not SEQ but can't we borrow code so we can elliminate the server?

Bob the curious

reaver
11-06-2003, 12:39 PM
MySEQ reads information from memory on the computer you are running EQ on.

SEQ sniffs the packets being transmitted over the network and decodes them. SEQ is "Safer" than MySEQ because it cannot be detected by seeing what programs are in memory (which Sony has said they will not do).

MySEQ runs on Windows, and SEQ on Linux.

-reaver

MQSEQ2
11-06-2003, 12:43 PM
We could redo MySEQ to not need a server. SEQ works my setting the NIC into permiscuis mode (Listen to all packets) and process finds the EQ packets and pulls data from it. With all you would need is a generic NIC driver that can do permisicus mode and then take the code from SEQ and your on your way.

An example of a permiscuis mode driver are the ones that are used in Sniffers. This would allow a 2nd computer monitor the 1st one. Alot of rework would be needed for this to happen.

I will be posting the beginings of the SysTary server version today. It won't do anything with MySEQ but it will be for folks to test it on there machines to make sure it will work with Win98/WinNT/WinXP. I would hate to develop it and it only works on WinNT/WinXP and we lose the Win98 folks.

Cordan
11-06-2003, 04:42 PM
I will make the Icon for the Systray if you like ;) (did the icon for MySEQ that your using right now, before).

Would like to use another design for it ;)

MQSEQ2
11-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Currently I'm using the EQ icon. If folks want to design an Icon please doe then we can decide which looks good.

Warrior Mage x3
11-07-2003, 01:08 AM
Lets see if the pic I uploaded works. Not sure where this icon comes from, just one I've always used for SEQ when I browsed for new icons when I installed it (no offense man, the igloo is cool just not my thing really). I also kept it different then the EQ icon cause gets cluttersome when you got a couple EQ clients going at once and all...never bad to have some kind of seperation.

kingc
11-07-2003, 07:24 AM
A systray version would be great!
I use it with firedeamon at the moment. so it runs as service.

I do realy like the cilent server version, its a realy good idea.
At home iam 3boxing eq and have a 4th pc just for myseq.
with that one i can overview all 3 pc's (in 3 windows).

Cheers
KingC

MQSEQ2
11-07-2003, 08:27 AM
SNEAK PREVIEW

Here is what I have so far. It dosen't do alot but you will start to see what it looks like.

http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ/MySEQServer-2.0.zip

You can connect to via telnet by going to a DOS prompt and typing:

telnet {Your Server IP Address} 6969 [Enter]

That should get you a blank screen and if you hit [Enter] it will give you a Connected! message in the telnet session.

If you watch the Server Window it will show you the status of what it's doing.

Close the DOS prompt and it will close the connection to the server and the server will reset waiting for another connection.

Please check it out and give me some feed back on whether it works on Win98/WinNT etc.

I will continue to add more functionallity to it today.