PDA

View Full Version : Full Client/Server File Downloads

xeerex
11-10-2003, 12:37 AM
Newest Update!

All information is now located on my dedicated Self Installer download page. All future updates will be posted there.

http://www.rexpage.com/MySEQ

Support questions for MySEQ should be posted on this forum.

12/5/03 -- There are a few maps that may have problems. Please post if you encounter them. I will correct them as valid ones are posted.

Luuther
11-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Thanks for doing this. The explanation included in the post and the readme file are very helpful and concise.

xeerex
11-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Not a problem at all. Please let me know how the installation goes.

I will upload the new client version (v1.15.7) as soon as I test and confirm the LDoN maps.

xeerex
11-14-2003, 10:56 AM
Has anyone installed these yet on Win98, Win98SE, or WinME? Please leet me know how the installation went.

Problemseeker
11-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Well the install on Win 98 doesnt work becouse I cant install the .NET Framework on it.. its required win2000 or greater .. but on win 2000 I got some more problems.. it says
--Solved
The one you linked I was able to install on Win98

.NET Framework Initilization Error
Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location.
--solved
no need to edit reg files.

I have the .NET Framework SDK installed. and I cant find the .NETFramework in the registry either :(
-- solved
I must download the exact .NETFramework.

any help ?
thanks.

p.s. it may just be that i downloaded the erronimous .NETFramework ..

xeerex
11-14-2003, 02:11 PM
Hmmm...The .NET framework is compatible with Win98x pcs. Here is a quote from the MS download page:

==========
System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP

Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 requires Service Pack 6a.
===========

You need the .NET framework installed on Win NT5.x (Yes WinXP is a NT version based on Win2k) pcs before you install the SDK. You only need the SDK if you plan to develop .NET applications. Here is a quote from the MS page:

=========
The Microsoft® .NET Framework Software Development Kit (SDK) version 1.1 includes everything developers need to write, build, test, and deploy .NET Framework applications—documentation, samples, and command-line tools and compilers. You must install the .NET Framework Redistributable Package version 1.1 prior to installing the .NET Framework SDK.
===========

Now please install the [ Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en) ] per the instructions. Then let me know if you have problems.

As a side note, I need to add the .NET information to the readme's. Thanks for pointing this out.

Problemseeker
11-14-2003, 02:48 PM
I did it and it works now.. still not sure about my other PC on lan IP and Subnet.. any tips ?

MQSEQ2
11-14-2003, 02:51 PM
What IP Address, Subnet Mask issue are you having problems with?

Problemseeker
11-14-2003, 04:34 PM
With the lan IP I cant acces to the PC.. but than i tried the global internet IP and it works now .P thanks for all !

xeerex
11-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Huh? Wanna repeat that?

As long as it works though......:rolleyes:

xeerex
11-19-2003, 10:19 PM
Sorry for not posting an updated self-installer.

In addition to 3 sick children in my home, I reformatted my pc this weekend and setup a dual-boot between Win2k and WinXP with a 3rd partition for EQ. I use Win2k for all my normal stuff (I just love Win2k) and use WinXP strictly for EQ and Teamspeak. This way there are no other programs or anything taking system resources. EQ runs twice as fast now. As a matter of fact, even if I install WinXP on my first partition, I'm leaving it on the 2nd just to run EQ "cleanly". The reason for the 3rd partition holding the EQ directory is so that I can use imaging software to CD span a compressed image of that partition of all the EQ expansions including the downloaded ones. Its a real timesaver should I need to reinstall EQ for any reason.

Anyway, I shall have an updated installer in the next day or so, probably about the time the next version comes out. :eek:

xeerex
11-20-2003, 09:38 PM
/bump

New ones posted today.

Midnight
11-21-2003, 11:45 AM
hey xeerex can you clean up your old links and such to obsolete versions and upgrade info in your post? takes a hella long time to read and i think it confuses the noobs. my friend hopped on the site yesterday and had to call me just to see which one was the best to download

xeerex
11-21-2003, 05:38 PM
Cleaned it up a tad---I'm probably going to end up making a custom webpage for it with anchor links and such.

I want to leave at least 1 or 2 "older" versions downloadable in case someone has a problem with a new version or something.

MQSEQ2
11-21-2003, 08:59 PM
We can put the links on Jag's web site. I have no problem with it then you can update that webpage very easy. If you want to talk to Jag or PM me I can do the site.

xeerex
11-27-2003, 01:04 AM
/em bump up.

Added the 11/25/03 offsets to the server 1.11 download.

xeerex
12-01-2003, 01:05 AM
Added the 1.15.12 Client and added the previous versions (just in case).