PDA

View Full Version : Odd spawns in Ssra Temple

Madfish
01-28-2002, 11:02 AM
I was in Ssra Temple a couple of days ago and noticed some very odd spawns:

Matt
Ryan

There were 3-4 several other mundane male names as well (sorry, forget the names). All were level 1 and invisible. They were way off on the western side of the map. I didn't have a map for the zone at the time, so don't know if they are in a player accessible area or not.

Anyone know what these are about? Developer holdovers from testing?

Circles
01-30-2002, 02:05 PM
all of luclin uses verious odd names for spawners and placeholders. they did this to get away from names like (ancient cyclopse spawner) etc.

baisicly, its to be misleading on perpuse.

(its deeper than that too... paul causes mob x to spawn acrosss the zone, so placement is irrelavent too)

Mr Guy
01-31-2002, 07:43 AM
Sometimes though you can read between the lines and figure out that something very big will happen in a zone. Here I'm specifically thinking of the eleven jonias (sp) in TM.

a_corpse00
01-31-2002, 01:09 PM
Could just be an "easter egg" left by the level designers. :)

RavenCT
01-31-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by a_corpse00
Could just be an "easter egg" left by the level designers. :)

An easter egg for who? Those that run SEQ? :)

Especially if it's an "invisible" spawn! :D

se7en
02-11-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by RavenCT

An easter egg for who? Those that run SEQ? :)

Especially if it's an "invisible" spawn! :D

What is the name of that spawn in hate i heard about? its an invisible man named "Showeq users are lame" or something, /rude verant =)

Lol, though the humor is good. Next time im up there im looking for it, Anyone know if its real or not?

Azerael
02-11-2002, 02:02 PM
"Showeq users are lame"

Its quite real. Go up to hate sometime, there are a bunch of 'em.

se7en
02-11-2002, 02:03 PM
some easter egg that is =)

allow me to reiterate... /rude verant;)

Ratt
02-11-2002, 02:27 PM
I'm nearly convined the "ShowEQ users are lame" was put in Hate to specifically help SEQ users, not poke at them...

Without those particular mobs, Hate would not decode w/o summoning a pet, etc... As it stands now, they rotate and spawn/despawn randomly... decoding the zone almost instantly at any given time.

Pigeon
02-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Ratt
Without those particular mobs, Hate would not decode w/o summoning a pet, etc... As it stands now, they rotate and spawn/despawn randomly... decoding the zone almost instantly at any given time.

Bahaha... you're probably right. The EQ devs probably use seq too. =P

se7en
02-12-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Pigeon

Bahaha... you're probably right. The EQ devs probably use seq too. =P

Lol, I always wondered if they did, and VI GM's at work too =)

Where did the original concept for SEQ come from?

Burnereq
02-12-2002, 08:51 PM
Casey or Ratt can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe one of the original Developers of ShowEQ now works for Verant. Isnt his name Scott.

Jerry
03-05-2002, 01:18 PM
I don't know the guys name, but I remember reading an article about him, he was the one who cracked the encryption originally (I could be wrong). Verant hired him, and he worked on the EQ interface as his first project.

- Jerry