PDA

View Full Version : New Self Installers Posted

xeerex
11-14-2003, 12:47 AM
I have posted the new full self-installers at the following thread:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4258

Gratz to the programmers for another successful version! In celebration I even added a Tux icon to the installer file, hyperlinks to this forum in the readme and the programs shortcut.....:D

jag111
11-14-2003, 03:58 AM
Tux? For a Windows program? Written in the latest Microsoft development language?

/giggle

MQSEQ2
11-14-2003, 07:12 AM
Looks good! Can you allow us to change the Install directory?

I would also create a Source directory and move all the source code in that directory and leave the main files and support files where they are at now.

xeerex
11-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Sure. I can allow the source directory to be changed. I'll also look into leaving the map files and dll's. I'm new with the installer software but it shouldn't be too bad. One of the reasons that I continually put all the files with the self installer is so if anyone has a problem, *we* know exactly what files they should have installed.

/em snickers about Tux for Windows.
/em looks in the upper left corner of this website. ;)

MQSEQ2
11-14-2003, 10:47 AM
I made a FreeBSD CD that Said Death to Microsoft and had the lil Divil on each side :)

On the Directory structure once installed it should look like this:

Executale: \MySEQ
DLL files: \MySEQ
Map Files: \MySEQ\Maps
Cfg Files: \MySEQ\Cfg
Filter Files: \MySEQ\Filters
Source Files: \MySEQ\Source

You don't want the Client version in the path since evrytime there is a new release it would create a new directory structure vs. overwritting the old versions.

xeerex
11-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Hehe...I changed my Win2k bootup logo to a Tux/Knoppix background morph. :D

I'll work on the new installation some tomorrow.

MQSEQ2
11-16-2003, 12:31 AM
The Devil has been put into MySEQ :lol