PDA

View Full Version : a little advice

wizard
12-20-2001, 10:47 AM
*** 3rd party libraries ***
qt 2.3.2 (Must be compiled with -thread)
qt-devel 2.3.2 (Must be compiled with -thread)
libpcap 0.62
gdbm 1.8.0

*** Optional 3rd party libraries ***
db3 3.2.9 3.3

*** C++ Compilation ***
glibc 2.2 2.2.4
libstdc++ 3.0 3.0.2
gcc 3.0 3.0.2

*** GNU tools ***
libtool 1.3.4-3 Most recent...
autoconf 2.13-1 Most recent...
automake 1.4-6 Most recent...
-----------------------------------

Okay a couple questions..

my GNU tools are all later versions than those listed..

GDBM is at 1.8.0-5 so it should be good..

Libpcap is at 0.6.2-0 so it should be good..

glibc is at 2.1.92-14 Need upgraded

GCC is at 2.96-54 obviously needs to be upgraded

QT-devel is at 2.2.0-0.5. Beta2 Needs upgraded

I couldn;t find just a QT to see what version it is so i am "asuming" it is at the same version as my QT-DEVEL

I am downloading the qt.2.3.2 source. i saw links to other files in the install document but i saw no links to GCC3.0.

I am assuming that once i have the GCC3.0 and follow the directions in the install files that at the end of the process The three files under C++ compilation will be in compliance as well as the 2 QT files under 3rd party files..

I am thinking at this point that the glibc is another download from somewhere.. but i don't see a download site in the INSTALL file..

any advice? (referring me to a document to read is acceptable advice to me so if i missed something in the documents i have read feel free to point that out)

Thanks in advance,
-Paul

Currently i am running under RH7.0 i have 7.1 available to use and would have to download 7.2 to use it.. not a big deal to do so.. but would it be better to upgrade linux or since i already have alot of up to date files to just leave it since it has been working flawlessly and just do these few library upgrades..