PDA

View Full Version : Bored at Work

MQSEQ2
11-18-2003, 09:50 AM
The subject pretty much says it all.

I need some more ideas on the features that need to be added.

Working On:
Spawn Timers - 90% coded, just need to test the logic and then draw the markers. Will test tonight to see if the logic is working and if so I will wrap it up and realease it ASAP.

Server SnealPreview 2.0 is coming along very well. I need to try to work on it some today and see about adding the Server side filtering of Spawns. Need to make sure it doesn't cause a hit on the CPU since EQ and the Server is on same machine. I doubt it will since alot of folks run Server/Client and EQ all on same machine.

Mixy!
11-18-2003, 12:01 PM
Just ideas, so if they're impossible dont flame :P.

Allow circle size adjustments around rares.
ZEM's
Show what mobs are holding like seq did.
Autotarget window debugging.
Aproximate exp, and number of kills to ding.
Groundspawn differentiation by zone. (IE Yew leaf= WL, Oak bark = BB)
Server in system tray.

I'll post more if i can think of any.

-Mixy!

MQSEQ2
11-18-2003, 12:39 PM
Client Side = Allow circle size adjustments around rares.
Server 2.0 = ZEM's
Server 2.0 = Show what mobs are holding like seq did.
Client = Autotarget window debugging.
Server 2.0 = Aproximate exp, and number of kills to ding.
Client = Groundspawn differentiation by zone. (IE Yew leaf= WL, Oak bark = BB)
Server 2.0 = Server in system tray.

All of the stuff labeled Server 2.0 is being worked on already.

The stuff labeled Client can be added.

Question, AutoTarget Debugging, can you go into more detail?

Ground spawns, I just need to do the following:

EQ Name=Zone:Item,Zone:Item

IT_AUTDEFxx=WAKEN:Yew Leaf,BUTHER:Bark

Something like that and if it's not in the Ini just show the EQ name.

Slart was working on something with the size circle and suppose to get me the code.

Dark
11-18-2003, 12:41 PM
One of the thiings i use SEQ for is the spell timers. Thats been real helpful.

So adding spell timers to MySEQ would be great.

MQSEQ2
11-18-2003, 12:46 PM
I will look into the Spell Timer but it will go in the Server 2.0.

xzero
11-18-2003, 12:50 PM
Yes the Spell timer would be great :)
I also would like to see the Hitpoints (%) :)

MQSEQ2
11-18-2003, 01:33 PM
The HP, Exp, AA type of stuff will be coming out once the Server 2.0 is release and the rework of the client.

Server 2.0 update:
Testing done in the Bazaar.
557 Spawns

557 Spawns * 436 bytes = ~242Kbytes / 1500 bytes = ~162 packets

557 Spawns * 436 bytes = ~242Kbytes * 82% Compression = ~44Kbytes / 1500 bytes = ~30 packets

I don't have any timers setup up but it was able to read all 557 spawns and Compress it down in under 1 sec. I will see if I can get actual times and see about speeding it up some more ;)

Mixy!
11-18-2003, 02:20 PM
When i mentioned autotarget debugging i meant the target window of the client selecting the same thing as what's selected in EQ. I am still unable to get this to work, and i've read of a few others are having trouble as well.

I've posted the error logging, and offsets in other threads.

But lets keep this to development ideas! I dont want to hijack the thread. :D

MQSEQ2
11-18-2003, 02:31 PM
I have been thinking about that. Folks say 1.10 works with no problems and I use 1.9b and it works fine.

The problem I'm think is that you may have the old 1.9b vs. the new 1.9b, yes there was a release but no version change.

Go to the site that is hosting 1.15.8 and download the 1.9b from there and make sure you have the correct offsets and it should work.

Back on track now. More Ideas (Creacking that whip!) hehe

jag111
11-18-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by MQSEQ2
I don't have any timers setup up but it was able to read all 557 spawns and Compress it down in under 1 sec. I will see if I can get actual times and see about speeding it up some more ;)

Assuming the default poll time for the client is set to 250ms, won't the process mentioned above then have to complete in under 250ms at the very least in order for the server to keep up with the client requests?

MQSEQ2
11-18-2003, 03:11 PM
You are correct but my brian wasn't quick enough to get the actual time hehe.

To read/compress/transfer should take that long. I need to find a high resoultion timer example to get some testing done.

SurfAngel
11-18-2003, 07:25 PM
One thing I thought might be interesting is parsing. I guess for starter, a question:

How much load would it be to start passing combat and casting related info? All current parsers use the log files so there are some fuzzy logic employed in identifying which hits lands on what target. Since we can actually identify an_orc_pawn16 and an_orc_pawn37 instead an_orc_pawn and an_orc_pawn, the accuracy of when combat was initiated, exactly which damage lands where, etc. would increase dramatically.

Parsing code logic aside, back to the original question, does it create a heavy load to send cambat/casting info to the client side?

MQSEQ2
11-18-2003, 10:29 PM
I have written a log parser in the past so I know kinda how to do it. The problem is it comes in through the channels and when you see it there it's by it's friendly name not EQ name. I will try to see if I can scan MQ and/or SEQ to see what they might have seen.

This option will fall in the Server 2.0 realm. Once I can get all the EQ data to the the client then it's wide open to what we can do.

X-Elmo-X
11-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Not sure this is viable but since the origin of MySEQ was to kind of meld Macroquest and SEQ (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong), what would be a fantastic feature would be to enable targeting on the seq window to bring that target up in game. Much like the zone wide targeting the MQ already offers, and how when you target something, you get the info box in the current MySEQ.

Is this even possible? Cause that would rock :).

Just an idea.

X-Elmo-X

jag111
11-21-2003, 08:19 PM
While I wasn't around when the first revision of MySEQ was made, I don't believe the intent was to have it be a Macroquest / SEQ hybrid. I think it was just to have a windows version of SEQ with the "My" prefix being sort of a stab at Microsoft's whole My <blah> philosophy on user experience (My Documents, My Music, My Pictures, etc).

The only relation with Macroquest that MySEQ has is that it gets its data directly from EQ memory rather than sniffing the network packet stream like SEQ does.

In general, it's job is to passively collect game information, evaluate it, and display the results in a useful manner to the user.....not to actively affect the game itself.

But then, that's only my opinion. And to that extent, it's only what I'll personally work towards coding.

In other words, I don't want software to play the game for me. I just want software to give me more useful information so I can play the game better.

MQSEQ2
11-21-2003, 09:16 PM
To answer the question Yes it can be done, but then we would have to merge MQ into MySEQ since MQ injects your commands into the EQ Client. But that's not what we want to do at this time with this Project because it would be easier to modify MQ to do MySEQ type stuff, which they do now have the mapping capability in game.

Plazmic and the other developers don't want to do alot of stuff that will cause Sony to make major changes in the game that would put us out of business for a couple of months. Right now I think if we push the envelope with the Projects but don't over step the boundaries then Sony wont go out of there way to mess us up for any period of time.

With the new releases I'm working on we will be a Read Only version of MQ/SEQ basically. Once I get the new server completed I'm going to add the server code into the client as well so those who use the Client/Server and EQ on the same machine they can opt to have the Client to read the EQ memory directory, this will save alot of resources on the machine.

I was also PM'ed the source code on how to put the NIC into premiscusious mode and sample code how to hook it into EQ packets. This would allow us to read the packets from EQ from another computer without a Server. This would make MySEQ exactly like SEQ but on Windows. Now with that all said it would be some time before this would happen since I would need alot of time on going through SEQ code to see what they are doing so I could convert it into something we could use.

I will be releasing a new SneakPreview and the MySEQTester so folks can drool on all the new data that will be available in the near future of MySEQ.

X-Elmo-X
11-22-2003, 08:12 AM
Your stance makes perfect sense. I've only used MQ for the zone wide targeting and some added functionality to /who and what not so it's no real problem to continue to use it for these purposes, as I said, it was just a thought :P. A selfish one, of course, so I wouldn't have to bother with MQ for the limited use I use it for but it's not that big of a deal either.

Anyway, I, for one, appreciate all the hard work and time you put into this project and have nothing but respect for everyone who contributes.

X-Elmo-X

madman13
11-22-2003, 08:51 AM
Not sure this is even where we want to go.. but it's an idea.

Xylobot has a kind of "Heads up" feature where you can press a sequence of key strokes and you invoke it to display "over" the EQ client...

I suggest this method for those running both the server and the client on the same PC.

See my other Idea in the "Wishlist" thread ;)

Thakns Again!

MQSEQ2
11-22-2003, 09:51 AM
If you are wanting a HUD system then use MQ since they can currently so spawns on the in game map. They don't have all the features tho but they could add them fairly easy.

MacQ
11-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Just to echo the earlier comments on spell timers...that would be such a great feature for us buffing types...could finally get rid of all the Radio Shack timers on my desk. Thank you for considering this, I know it's a well appreciated feature of SEQ.

MQSEQ2
11-26-2003, 01:38 PM
They are coming in Server 2.0 and the revamp of the Client.