PDA

View Full Version : PVP Filter

Loco
11-20-2003, 07:49 AM
Hi, Im trying to get a filter to work that will show players on other rteams within my level range. I thought it would be something like:

NPC:0:RTeam:[^3]:;16-32

That one doesnt work. I have tried variations of the above with no success. RTeam:[^3]:;16-32 works showing every rteam except dark (mine) but it shows npc's too. Is there a way to show only player characters?

I also tried the map option for pvp race but showeq crashes when that option is enabled.

Thanks,
Loco

Cryonic
11-20-2003, 10:25 AM
You mean like NPC:0

Taken straight from the filters.conf.dist
# <NPC> has a numeric value as follows:
# 0 = Player Spawn
# 1 = NPC Spawn
# 2 = Player Corpse
# 3 = NPC Corpse
# 4 = Unknown Spawn
# 5 = Coin
# 6 = Drop

Loco
11-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Yeah I know NPC:0 will show every player in the zone. Im trying to figure out how to show only players between a specified level range AND on specified race teams. I can't seem to make a filter do both.

Loco

Cryonic
11-20-2003, 02:55 PM
Put 2 and 2 together. You would add the requirement of NPC:0 to your already existing line to filter out PVP team that isn't 3, but is a player.

# Where the <Regular Expression> is matched against a filter string
# constructed as follows (where things in <> are replaced with the
# value specific to the particular item instance):
# Name:<Name>:Race:<Race>:Class:<Class>:NPC:<NPC Value>:X:<X>:Y:<Y>:Z:<Z>:
#
# For spawns that aren't drops/coins the string has the following added to the
# end of the string:
# Light:<Light>:Deity:<Deity Name>:RTeam:<RTeam>:DTeam:<DTeam>:Type:<Type>:
# [GM:]

Loco
11-20-2003, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the help Cryonic. It happens I had a extra colon in there screwing me up. So...

NPC:0:;RTeam:[^3];16-32

shows only player characters who arent darky within levels 16-32 if anyone cares.

Loco

Edit

Oops I spoke too soon. It didnt work. I can combine class type or anything else with npc type and works just as I'd expect. However I cant seem to combine NCP type with Race or Race Team type and get it to work. For instance Class:Enchanter:NPC:0:;60-65 does show all player character enchanters between levels 60 and 65. However Race:Iksar:NPC:0:;1-65 does not show all Iksar from 1-65.

Loco
11-20-2003, 06:31 PM
Just one more stupid question. Could the reason the above race and race team filters don't seem to work (I'm probably just missing something stupid) have anything to do with why pvp team mode on the map causes showeq to crash?

Zaphod
11-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Loco
Just one more stupid question. Could the reason the above race and race team filters don't seem to work (I'm probably just missing something stupid) have anything to do with why pvp team mode on the map causes showeq to crash?

First that I've heard that it makes it crash... And I'm assuming your talking about race teams...

As to why your query won't work, that is quite simple, it should be:

NPC:0:.*:RTeam:[^3];16-32

If you look at the filter strings, there is stuff that you want to ignore (like in your case) between the NPC:0 and the RTeam fields, '.*' will match 0 or more of any character occurring between the two things you are trying to match...

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Loco
11-21-2003, 06:34 AM
Thanks for setting me straight Zaphod. You said you hadn't heard about it so... what happens to me is when I enable pvp teams by right clicking on the map and choosing it from the menu, showeq crashes after a few minutes. There are a couple older threads about it but I didnt find a solution. Im not asking for a fix, your help with the filter is all I needed. Thanks again.

Loco