PDA

View Full Version : MySEQTester

MQSEQ2
11-26-2003, 08:31 AM
MySEQTester now available at http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ/.

This will be the testing/debugging program for the Server 2.x and higher versions.

To use this program you must download the SneakPreview Server 2.0 and this program.

Known Features not working:
Ground Spawns
Con Colors
Players health shows as % vs. hit points, the number xx% is really xx hps. I will add the logic to remove the % on the player in the Spawn List. All other spawns will show as % like normal.
Working of the Hunger/Thirst/Fatigue

These will be added in future releases.

Squiffy
12-03-2003, 10:32 PM
It's not doing a whole lot for me. All I get is the name box updating any time something pops or someone zones in, and the first letter from each word is missing.

So a toon pops in named "Skippy Mcskippen" it shows as "kippy cskippen"

No level, no hp, nada. Spawn and item tables are blank, too.

Offsets look fine, though.

MQSEQ2
12-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Sounds like you offsets are messed up. I'm going to release a new version of it and the SP2.0 tomorrow.

SyberWired
01-06-2004, 10:12 AM
Are the links at dvolve.net for the current 2.x stuff? Just checking.

MQSEQ2
01-06-2004, 10:53 AM
They should be the latest and I will be updating them this week once I get some more features added. These will become release versions and then the Client will be converted. I'm very close to making the switch. I know there is a EQ patch coming up soon so I may wait on the Client 2.x release until after that and we get the stable offsets.

NovaUSC
01-06-2004, 06:55 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. I'm getting a connection to the server. It acts as though it is an offset issue but i have verified my offsets and they are current.

on a side note. What is the purpose of the MySEQServer.ini file that's in the MySEQ Tester Program? Is this just to make sure we are using the correct offsets or does it serve a purpose to the client as well?

NovaUSC
01-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Scratch that, I figured out my problem. I can't rename the 2.0 server. If I do it connects but I get no info. If I leave it named the same thing it was originally named it works perfectly. Can this be fixed? I noticed the header says Norton Antivirus but mem manager still says it's MySEQserver.exe

MQSEQ2
01-06-2004, 09:31 PM
To fix that change the .Ini name to match the .Exe name ie. SEQ.Exe and SEQ.Ini. I did this so folks can make the server anything they want so they can really avoid detection from Sony.

The Server Ini will have the Main memory locations and a few Structure offsets need to find the next set of info. The Client Ini will be all of the Structure offsets. The reason I did this is so the Server will collect and push all the data without processing any of it (1.x Server only sent a small msubset of data). In the 2.x series the Client uses the Structure Offsets to get the data we are looking for (1.x does the same but they offsets are hardcoded in the Client). By moving everything to Ini's it will make patch day alot easier when they change any offsets.

madman13
01-07-2004, 08:20 AM
I downloaded the most current version from http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ
last night and got it all set up.

So far here is what I have looked at/seen:
Server/client are both running on xp, server is on "home" ed and client is on XP Pro.

1) RC and RF numbers are swaped to what my char in game are reporting.
2) Server name is blank
3) Fatigue Level is always max (bar full) even after I use dics to burn it down some.
4) Hunger/Thurst (I saw that your working on them, but here is what I saw from my end) eating/drinking "till I would explode" hunger was full at 13 dots and 11 for thurst... meter lookd to be maxed at 17 dots.

5)On the buffs section of the screen: (Not sure what some of the fields are for but again... here is what I'm seeing:
Level: is ALWAYS 2
Duration: working great when it gets to 0 my buff drops in game
Dmg Shield: ALWAYS 10.0 I tried all types of buffs... including a DS ;)
Absorb: Always 0 but I didn't try any "Rune" type spells.

Sit/stand/FD (for position are all working and reporting correctly.. all the rest of the stats.. bank/shared bank resists minus the ones mentioned are all correct.

The only stats I could get were on myself.. even if I targeted another player... not sure if I should see different.. but that's what I'm getting.

I did not look at either of the 2 other tabs.

Hope all this helps! PM me or reply here and I'll test out anything else you need/want

MM13

MQSEQ2
01-07-2004, 08:56 AM
1) I will check out Cold/Fire offsets, since those are offsets in the Ini you can easily swap them in the Ini file to fix it.
2) Server name may have been removed after last patch
3) Fatigue is no longer in EQ so I will change it to the new one when I get the offset
4) Hunger/Thirst is strange and I have not figured out how to determine the max for these show the correct status bar
5) Currenly that's what they show but I'm working on the Spell Names and and trying to get better info.

The first tab will only show the Players Stats and nobody else. You can't get that data for each spawn. The 2nd Tab shows all the Spawns in the zone and the 3rd tab is the Ground Spawns.

I need to add the Remove logic so the Spawns/Ground only show what is current in the zone (just never got around to do it). The new version that I will release this week should address all these items. Once I get these done in the Tester I will be set to make the changes in the Client and should be getting close to a Beta release of the 2.x Client/Server.

ap50
01-08-2004, 02:33 AM
heh, remember seeing this on the MacroQuest structs forum last night, so was just about to post a link to that thread.

Only to find it was MqSEQ who had posted it.

Duh me!

WizBang
01-08-2004, 02:05 PM
So far everything looks spectacular. MYSEQ2, you are doing a bangup job with the 2.0 server and client (tester). When should we be expecting to see a client with integrated maps?

I also heard (or maybe I read somewhere) that in 2.0 you were no longer going to have a seperate client. This would be extremely problematic as far as I can see. Playing EQ in a window is very annoying; I use the client on a seperate PC so I can play and monitor mob and PC locations at the same time, as well as navigating zones quickly. I have no interest in tabbing between applications on a computer that is already slowed by the EQ process (I have a P3 866 with a gig of ram, and EQ still takes over; I've tried that application that is supposed to limit the amount of processor time that EQ uses [can't remember the name of it] but EQ won't run with that running). If you are planning on releasing a seperate client, yeah! :D If not, please reconsider :( , or put in the ability to choose to connect to a seperate server that way I could (worse case scenario) install the package on both computers and use one to connect to the other.

Again, thanks for all your time and effort. I really appreciate the hard work you have done and continue to do to keep this project alive and kicking! :p

SeqTester
01-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Bah... Every time I see you guys talking about this.. I think its my name in the Subject when I 1st read it.

lol...

Having some PC probs.. but when its all resolved I think I going to play with/Test this out a bit.

I am a True ShowEQ user, but I am also good at breaking things.

ST.

MQSEQ2
01-08-2004, 05:40 PM
WizBang you did read something about a single Client but you didn't remember it all, I had stated that I was going to make the Server and the Client but add enough code to the Client so it didn't need the Server for those that wanted to run on the same computer. By running the Client on the same computer and toggling the Client into Server mode the Client would not need to use any TCP/IP transport and would be able to read the EQ memory directly increaseing the speed of the Client a lot. But for those who wants to run the Client on a separte machine you will still be able to do that. So there is nothing to reconsider hehe. BTW I run the Client on separte machines.

Tester I'm gonna start a Subject called SeqTester just for you ;)

Tbird038
01-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Resists look great..

Server name is there...

Buff duration is excellent...(just no names yet....)

Skills are populated..(but skills of 0 all show as 255...might wanna filter out somehow)

A ground spawn showed in PoA....(but couldn't run to check it...)

Coordinates for Me looked good ( in first window)

Other items as before ....

Spawn window looked fully populated to me....stats about right...as were most of the items....(noticed that is had wrong gear for ME ...showed Kedge Robe for first 3 items...then Leather something or other for the rest)

Lemme know if there are other specifics yer looking for....

and the configuration is Server on XP Home with EQ and Client on XP Pro

Looking GOOD!!!

MQSEQ2
01-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Sounds good.

I will try to locate something that will allow me to filter the Skills that you don't use per your class. A 255 most of the time signifies you can't use because of Class but there are the Int, Wis, Dex, etc that could be that high. A 0 should represent you can do the Skill but have not done it yet.

In the next release I will have the Languages added (it's coded but I forgot to add to the List before I released it).

I'm going to spend time on the Spell Information now so it shows more stuff ie. Name, etc.

The Armour is about as good as we gonna get since EQ doesn't send the exact Item Number of the Armour they just send a description Number (ie. Leather, Ringmail, etc.), this is to help draw the spawn with the correct textures. We use it so you can tell the spawns are wearing something. I will be adding the Weapons as well.

I'm going to find a way to get the Max HP Info as well and add a graph to the Tester for it.

Looks like I'm getting real close to completeing the Tester with the data and once it's done I can convert the Client to use the new Server. Remember the Client will look like it currently does and the Tester is just a testing program so we can verify all the data when EQ changes.

Tbird038
01-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Looked really good...although one little thing....I had to stop and start the client to get it rolling? if that makes sense.....I was trying to get sitting and standing to register, and it did not, till I stopped then restarted the client....

MQSEQ2
01-10-2004, 04:40 PM
You should not need to do that.

I just checked it on mine and it's working fine. can you turn on logging, to do that edit the Ini file and set loglevel to 1 then save the Ini. Close the Tester then restart it then Sit/Stand a few times. Yahoo me your results.

Tbird038
01-10-2004, 06:10 PM
ONLY happened the first time....and not any other time....I'll log it only if it happens again....(in a raid atm and would be a major pain....)

hehe

MQSEQ2
01-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Just figured out how to get the complete Spell information for all spells so now I need to see what Spell data is useful.

Range;
AERange;
PushBack;
CastTime;
FizzleTime;
RecastTime;
DurationType;
DurationValue1;

Think about the Range and AoERange, hmm, make a Spell casting Range Circle for example. Now pick your jaw off the grounds :P

There's alot more stuff I can do and show about Spells too.

maj021
01-11-2004, 12:15 AM
While on the topic of spells..

The Base Mana/Mana values looked pretty far off to me - The base mana was appearing more like my buffed mana, and I don't even know where the mana value came from (its about 2k too high). So I decided to run a little test..

I tested this out with two casts of Voice of Quellious (a 1200 mana spell). With full mana, I was sitting at 5926/8019. After two casts, I was at 4432/6525, and 74% mana. Doing some quick math, that would be 74.7% of full mana for the 'base mana' situation, and 81.3% for the 'mana' case.

Basically the 'base mana' value is what the buffed/geared mana is, and I can't quite figure out where the mana number is coming from.

Not really a huge bug or anything, but might be worth checking over for accuracy reasons.

Everything else looks great so far though!

MQSEQ2
01-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Base Mana might be the actual mana and the Mana is the bonus mana from equipment worn. Now EQ may be screwed up in the instead of adding Base Mana plus Bonus Mana = Total Mana it may be Total Mana - Bonus Mana = Base Mana.

I will check it ou some more and it the numbers worked out. No one ever accused Sony that they knew what they were doing ie. Y, X, Z coords vs. 99.999% of the rest of the Real World uses X, Y, Z coords.

maj021
01-11-2004, 01:10 AM
Well, I figured out what it is.

The difference between the 'mana' value and the 'base mana' value is the amount of worn +mana items you have. Basically I took the difference fully geared (which came out around 2k) and then took off a piece of gear, and the change in the two numbers was the same as the amount of +mana on the item I took off.

Edit: That might not be entirely true - my int didn't change when I took off that piece of gear. I'll mess around with it a little more later and see how it all works out. Sitting at about 400 unbuffed so I have to take off a few pieces for anything to change ;)

MQSEQ2
01-11-2004, 02:00 AM
Ok I got the Skills Filtered down to show only the skills you have. The Skills that show as 255 is the way EQ determines if your class can use that skill. I wasn't thinking in the other post. No Skill will go over 255 that I know of so all I did was added all skills under 255 to the list.

MQSEQ2
01-11-2004, 02:37 AM
I got the languages added to the Skills list.

Now time to code the Spells list and find a way to tie the Spells o the buffs so I can display the Spell Names for the buff.

I should have something worked out by tomorrow and will release a new version of the Tester and Server.

MQSEQ2
01-11-2004, 11:58 AM
After using WinHex and MQ structures I relized MQ structures were off a bit on the Speel buffs so I have corrected the issues and now the Buffs shows the correct Level, Dmg Shield and Absorb which ultimately got me the correct SpellID so now I can successfully link the Buff Spell to the Spell List to get all data about a spell.

Now it's time to code the Spell List so I can populate a Spell List Tab and start the Linking.

Tbird038
01-11-2004, 12:09 PM
post up some of that new code so we can see....

<grin>

MQSEQ2
01-11-2004, 02:16 PM
Is that drool I see you doing?

Tbird038
01-11-2004, 02:48 PM
I never drool...(either too old...or not old enough...LOL)...but.....HARK.....

Was that a bell I hear? Is Doc Pavlov around here anywheres????

hehehe

Just Some Guy
01-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Stragely, this seems to be bugged on one of my characters. It stops displaying CharacterInfo around the Thirst/Hunger status. The other characters that I tried seem to work fine.

MQSEQ2
01-12-2004, 10:24 AM
I will check it out and add some more error checking around there so it would conitnue if there is an error trying to calc Hunger/Thrist.

tartopoil
01-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Hi, I m trying to test the 2.0 version.

I have 2 ethernet adapters on the PC that hosts the server.

Adapter A ip : 10.0.0.1 ( IP forced for PPPoE )
Adapter B ip : 192.168.0.1 ( yes XP internet shared connection )

The server use this function to open its socket :
byte[] local = Dns.Resolve(Dns.GetHostName()).AddressList[0].GetAddressBytes();

In my case, it binds the socket on the adapter I use to connect to my DSL modem :

C:\>netstat -an
TCP 10.0.0.1:6969 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

But the adapter where I come from client is the other adapter. So I always have "connection refused". Please note that I don't have the problem with 1.11 server.

I have tried to force the IP where socket has to be bound but I couldn't compile the server.
localIPAddress = "192.168.0.1";

Is there any plan to add an option to force the address of the server to listen to ?

MQSEQ2
01-14-2004, 01:16 PM
I will try and fix that issue. Maybe I can query the local IP Addresses and show them show you can choose or something.

Dark
01-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Version 2 is running fine on my 2 win2k machines. I’m using .17 and 2 at the same time. Works well.
One problem I did see was the server name was incorrect. It has my old server there not the one I am on now. Insignificant as it doesn’t have any effect on anything.

Are you going to do anything with the EXP like SEQ does?

Cheers
Dark

MQSEQ2
01-14-2004, 03:03 PM
I plan on doing some DPS type stuff once I figure out where the data is in memory.