PDA

View Full Version : Mob Type Column

MacQ
11-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Looking at the MySEQ mob window colums, I have a question about the TYPE column. I was looking at a mob the other day, I know it was an animal, but the TYPE column had it listed as Human. In-fact, I notice many mobs are listed as Human.

Do I have somthing setup incorrectly, or is this normal? The reason I ask is that I was looking for a way I could look for mobs that are type animal.

MQSEQ2
11-28-2003, 06:20 PM
Hmmm, can you say Druid ;)

I will look at the Type, it comes from EQ as Type 1 which equals Human in the BodyType cfg file. I will see if there is something else we can check.

Just Some Guy
11-28-2003, 10:22 PM
There are two types, both which apparently call the type table.

One determines Player / Humanoid (ie: mob) / Corpse.
The other determines the Body Type (Animal / Plant / Undead).

This is seen if the offset for the type is replaced with the bodytype offset. The bodytypes will be listed instead.

MQSEQ2
11-28-2003, 11:25 PM
In the BodyTypes. txt you have:

Player
Humanoid
Corpse
Undead
Giant
Golem
Unknown6
Unknown7
UndeadPet
BaneGiant
Unknown10
Untargetable
Unknown12
Unknown13
Greater Akheva
Unknown15
Seru
Unknown17
Unknown18
Zek
Unknown20
Animal
Insect
Unknown23
Summoned
Plant
Dragonkin
Elemental
Doppleganger
Dragon
BaneDragon
Familiar

As you can see it lists both Human and Animals, now I didn't follow you on when you said

This is seen if the offset for the type is replaced with the bodytype offset. The bodytypes will be listed instead.

TypeOffset=364
BodyTypeOffset=408

I'm assuming this is what you are saying, if you change the TypeOffset=364 to TypeOffset=408 it would show Animal vs. Human?

All of this is resolved in the Server 2.0 I'm working on.

Just Some Guy
12-01-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by MQSEQ2

I'm assuming this is what you are saying, if you change the TypeOffset=364 to TypeOffset=408 it would show Animal vs. Human?

All of this is resolved in the Server 2.0 I'm working on.

Yup. :) Thanks.

MQSEQ2
12-01-2003, 07:25 AM
I will verify if we want the Types and the BodyTypes in the same file. I will split the file if needed.

MacQ
12-05-2003, 12:11 PM
Thank you for looking into this MYSEQ2. I guess in the meantime I could fiddle with the offsets, but sounds like the final solution will be part of Server 2.0, thanks again.