PDA

View Full Version : SEQ and MYSEQ Differences?

Hobo
11-29-2003, 03:26 PM
I did a quick look around but didn't find anything. Is there a myseq FAQ somewhere? I'm curious to read up on what the differences are between SEQ and MYSEQ.

Thanks.

MQSEQ2
11-29-2003, 06:28 PM
There is not a FAQ about MySEQ vs. SEQ differences.

We are making MySEQ more and more like SEQ everyday. If there is option in SEQ and not in MySEQ post it as a request and we will get it in there ASAP.

SEQ runs on Linux and MySEQ runs on Microsoft based OS'es. I have not used SEQ in quite a long time so I don't remember everything about it.

Dedpoet
11-29-2003, 08:30 PM
The most important difference, aside from the fact that MySEQ is for Windows and Seq is for Linux, is how the two work.

ShowEQ is a completely passive packet sniffing program. It runs on its own computer that is running Linux and sniffs the EverQuest packet stream to get its information. It is not detectable by any current known means employed by Sony.

MySEQ runs by using one program to read EQ information out of the memory space of your EQ computer and send that data to a display program running on a Windows computer. This program may be on the same computer that EQ is running on, or another computer. No one thinks Sony is making any attempts to detect MySEQ's use at this time either, though it is believed to be much more detectable than a passive sniffer.

Both programs do very similar things, though Seq does a bit more at this point due to a longer development history. MySEQ is rapidly catching up. Both show your position in the zone, much like a LoY map, and show mobs in the zone by both list and visual location. ShowEQ also tracks spawn times, spell timers, and damage output. MySEQ is slated to have these features soon.

I hope that helps you a bit. The FAQ for Seq, linked on the left side of this page, may help you out a bit more.

MQSEQ2
11-29-2003, 09:48 PM
MySEQ 1.15.12 now does Spawn Timers.

If there are features in SEQ but not in MySEQ just request them and we will get them in ASAP.

Elyon
11-30-2003, 09:16 AM
Spell timers are used a LOT in SEQ, That would be great if they were added to MySEQ. :D

MQSEQ2
11-30-2003, 09:58 AM
Spell Timers wont come out until Server 2.0 and the revamp of the Client.

Go read the the SneakPreview and MySEQTeser posts in the develeopment section.