PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ 1.15.12

MQSEQ2
11-29-2003, 07:21 PM
MySEQ 1.15.12 is now available at http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ

If are upgrading for the first time to the 1.15.x series you MUST download the SupportFiles.zip and place the 3 DLLs in the directory with the executable.

Features Added:
-SPAWN TIMERS are here come and get them.
----Light Gray are Spawns that will be popping > 90 secs.
----Flashing Yellow are Spawns that will be popping between 31 sec and 90 secs.
----Flashing Red are Spawns that will be popping in less 30 secs or less.
All spawns point are drawn after they have popped and been killed atleast once.
To turn on Spawn Timers select the Option under the Options -> Map Settings -> Show Spawn Points

If there is any type of problems with the Spawn Timers set the Error Logging to 1 and it will create a SpawnTimers.Txt file in the CFG directory. Look in that file as well as the Error File for that day.

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed the Classes from the sift from EQ, no Guild Masters/Bankers/Shopkeepers will show up properly.
-Fixed the default Spawn Size to 4.
-Fixed the erronous DrawLine Errors

Work In-Progress:
Adding the ability to change Spawn Timer Size and Setting the Flashing times listed above. (Next Release)

Future Features:
- Dynamic Hunts - mobs you wan to hunt in zone but don't want to add to Alert Files.
- Smart Spawn List Search - Start Typing in name and have it scroll down the Spawn List to find a match.
- Ground Items - Make it zone specific for the items (ie. Green Leaf = WL:Yew Leaf, BB:Bark)
- Con Color Level - This will be in a Ini for easier updates.

Once the new Server is ready there will be alot more features added.

xeerex
12-01-2003, 01:00 AM
Self-installer is posted as well.

xeerex
12-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Ok--The spawn timers seem to be working out pretty good and pretty accurate. I only tested in 1 zone though.

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 10:33 AM
I have tested it alot of zones and they have been dead on everytime :). In the next release I will allow you to save the spawn list so they can be reloaded for future use.

xeerex
12-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Schweeet!

This is kinda like good wine. Its gets better with age.

Of course, I'm not a wine drinker but the quote sounds good.

xeerex
12-02-2003, 10:41 AM
In 3 days (1 being today so far), the .12 self installer has been downloaded 77 times. Not too bad since that doesn't included the "normal" zip files.

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 11:08 AM
Not bad since folks only come here when the program is broke. I would love to see more folks coming back and putting in responses for the project. But I guess until EQ changes the offsets on a weekly basis the majority of the population will stay away till it's broke.

xeerex
12-02-2003, 11:14 AM
Yeah...If it ain't broke don't fix it, I suppose. That stymies invention though.

To be honest, this project has given me a reason to play EQ these days. Sure, I still enjoy the company of my guild friends, quests, and all, but lets face it. Killing mobs can get boring.

At least there is a new toy that keeps getting upgrades now. :p

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 11:41 AM
EQ got old a very long time ago for me. I enjoy playing with friends but I'd rather be programing. Nowadays I just do Skills and make phat plat from it. I make about 8k in a minute or so.

jag111
12-02-2003, 12:16 PM
If you care about DL stats from my server:

DLs File Uptime
----------------------------------------------
2570 / 28 days
3568 /index.html 28 days
1 /myseq_1.14.2_jag111.zip 1 days
1 /myseq_1.15.3.zip 1 days
1 /myseq_1.15.4.zip 1 days
6 /myseq_15.2_changes_jag111.zip 3 days
104 /myseq_changes_jag111_1.14.2.zip 38 days
40 /myseq_changes_jag111_1.15.3.zip 13 days
232 /MySEQ-1.15.10.zip 9 days
598 /MySEQ-1.15.11.zip 9 days
210 /MySEQ-1.15.12.zip 4 days
425 /MySEQ-1.15.4.zip 28 days
107 /MySEQ-1.15.5.zip 16 days
51 /MySEQ-1.15.6.zip 15 days
426 /MySEQ-1.15.7.zip 21 days
213 /MySEQ-1.15.8.zip 16 days
106 /MySEQ-1.15.9.zip 12 days
202 /MySEQServer-1.10.zip 22 days
1 /MySEQServer-1.10b.zip 1 days
412 /MySEQServer-1.11.zip 7 days
617 /MySEQServer-1.9b.zip 23 days
145 /MySEQServer-2.0.zip 14 days
278 /MySEQServer2.0SneakPreview.zip 24 days
58 /MySEQTester-Beta.zip 7 days
1434 /SupportFiles.zip 28 days

Note that Uptime is actually the time between when the first download request was made to the most recent request.

xeerex
12-02-2003, 12:23 PM
If you care about DL stats from my server:

Heck ya...I like to see how "popular" this thing is. Of course, the download stats aren't a totally accurate indicator, but they get us pretty close.

Awesome stats!

aneqplayer
12-02-2003, 04:12 PM
I like the spawn timer but it seems any in zone is created is there a way to only include mobs you selected?

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 05:42 PM
Very Cool Stats, I was going to ask you if you had any stats.

I like the spawn timer but it seems any in zone is created is there a way to only include mobs you selected?

Now let me try to translate your request:
1) The Spawn Timers track all spawns in the zone.
2) Sounds like you are asking to track only the mobs you are killing?

If #2 is what you are looking for I will see what I can do, if not can you go into more details?

dragonne
12-02-2003, 08:59 PM
as of this version the old filters_zonename.conf still is not being loaded.. wether by hitting F6 to refresh or letting it try and do it automatically.. if I rename it to zonename.txt obviously it works great. but since I already have all the filters files in the original format would be nice to just use them that way.

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 10:02 PM
I will look at it. It had been loading either one but some changes was made to the code so I will need to look at it.

showme1
12-03-2003, 02:51 AM
On the player window the X Y coirdinates are backwords again. this happend in one other version too so i'm not quite sure how hehe. Just thought i'd let ya know about it though. Also you can only turn on the spawn timers by going through the options tab on the toolbar. If you right click and try it there it isn't working or it's just not shwoing the check box that it is on. Great work though on the whole project and thank you for all your hard work!

MQSEQ2
12-03-2003, 07:10 AM
I changed the XY to YX becuase EQ is based on YX coordinates. The issue I had was if I left the Spawn Info windo XY then the Mouse Location (Lower Left) was YX. If you actually look in the code you would see that when we draw something we have to reverse the XY to YX so they will draw in the correct location.

As for the context menus there are a few other areas where the Check Mark is not in Sync with the main menu. You can thank Microsoft for that. In VB when you create a Context Menu from a Main Menu it's the real menu you are seeing for the Context Menu. Then in C# when you show the Context it's a new instance of the Main Menu which don't carry over any setting (if they are not set by default). So I have had to write code that will Sync the Menus but I have not added it for all sub menus that require Sync'ing. I will be getting all that working in the next release since I've added more menu items.

MQSEQ2
12-03-2003, 07:35 AM
Dragonne can you verify if you have any .txt files in the filters directory that matches the .conf? If so, it will always load the .txt file instead on the .conf file.

private void mnuAddEditAlerts_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {
string zone = this.statusBar.Panels[3].Text;
try {
string filterDir = Settings.Instance.FilterDir;
if (File.Exists(Path.Combine(filterDir, String.Format("{0}.txt", zone))))
Process.Start("notepad.exe", Path.Combine(filterDir, String.Format("{0}.txt", zone)));
else if (File.Exists(Path.Combine(filterDir, String.Format("filter_{0}.conf", zone))))
Process.Start("notepad.exe", Path.Combine(filterDir, String.Format("filter_{0}.conf", zone)));
else
Process.Start("notepad.exe", Path.Combine(filterDir, String.Format("{0}.txt", zone)));
}
catch (Exception ex) {LogLib.WriteLine(String.Format("Error opening {0} alert file for editing: {1}", zone, ex.Message));}
}

public void ReadAlertFile(string filename) {
int type = 0;

// Load the alerts
StreamReader sw;
try {
string filterDir = Settings.Instance.FilterDir;
if (File.Exists(Path.Combine(filterDir, String.Format("{0}.txt", filename)))) {
// found zone.txt for an alert file
sw = new StreamReader(File.Open(Path.Combine(Settings.Insta nce.FilterDir, String.Format("{0}.txt", filename)), FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read));
} else if (File.Exists(Path.Combine(filterDir, String.Format("filter_{0}.conf", filename)))) {
// found filter_zone.txt for an alert file
sw = new StreamReader(File.Open(Path.Combine(filterDir, String.Format("filter_{0}.conf", filename)), FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read));
} else {
// didn't find either version of the alert file, so create the default and return
LogLib.WriteLine("Alert file not found for " + filename + ", creating default.", 2);

// file not found, make it !

Looking at the code I don't see anything that would prevent the .conf if there was no .txt file for that zone.

slartibartfast
12-03-2003, 08:16 AM
If you actually look in the code you would see that when we draw something we have to reverse the XY to YX so they will draw in the correct location.

The reason the code has X + Y reversed for Mobs + Players is that cavemanbob got the offsets wrong when he wrote his original program.

Unfortunately there is no way to fix it without breaking compatibility with previous versions of the server. You will notice that for Ground Items the X + Y are not reversed cause we read the co-ordinate values correctly.

If you look at the macroquest spawninfo structure you will see our offset for X is labelled Y and our offset for Y is labelled X.

If you dont mind breaking compatibility we could fix the code up, or we could just wait till version 2.

slartibartfast
12-03-2003, 08:20 AM
I dont think it is a good idea trying to support both .conf + .txt files, we should stick to one format and make it work throughout.

My personal preferance would be to remove support for the .txt files, at the moment the source is not consistant with its handling of the files.

The .conf files were working fine, I dont know why this was changed?

MQSEQ2
12-03-2003, 08:44 AM
I will try fixing the XY issues when I revamp the code.

As for the .conf, it was a personal preferrence to use .txt (Microsoft) vs. .conf (Linux). Since these are plain text files it was easier for someone to double click a .txt file and make changes to a filter file outside of the program than a .conf which is not associated to an editor.

I guess I will convert .conf to .txt in the program and then remove the .conf file. There has only been a few folks that have said they were using .conf and didn't want to rename the files. The reason I will convert them is that some future features will enable you to right click and it to filter list. So I will be adjusting that code anyway.

Maybe I will download Blue Adept's filters and convert them for use in MySEQ.

aneqplayer
12-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Now let me try to translate your request:
1) The Spawn Timers track all spawns in the zone.
2) Sounds like you are asking to track only the mobs you are killing?

Yes on #1 and #2.
When the whole zone is being killed and you start to look around with the mouse they really start getting in the way to where you have to zoom in a lot to get seperation. If there was a range to control or certain mobs that you click on to keep track of timer don't know if feasible or not just an idea =)

And yeah shouldn't write when drunk hehe good translation.

MQSEQ2
12-03-2003, 01:26 PM
I can add an option to only drawn Spawn Points in a radius of you. For example you set it to only show Spawns in 1000' of you.

I would have to figure out how to track what you fight only. Should be easy if you actually do the fighting. I could build a Fight List with the Spawns you attack. Now all I need to do is figure out how to get the fight information. This may have to wait for the new Server tho because currently we are not collecting that information.

Time to go to MacroQuest and figure out if there is a way to determine if your in a fight.

deda
12-03-2003, 09:09 PM
here are my filters, quickly converted from blue-adepts ones...

filters.zip (http://www.pretorianselite.com/filters.zip)

MQSEQ2
12-03-2003, 09:34 PM
Thanks Deda

I will add these to the website but we don't want to blindly overwrite someones alerts. I will let them do it if they want to.

dragonne
12-03-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by MQSEQ2
Dragonne can you verify if you have any .txt files in the filters directory that matches the .conf? If so, it will always load the .txt file instead on the .conf file.

Looking at the code I don't see anything that would prevent the .conf if there was no .txt file for that zone.

it seems like whenever i enter a zone it creates a .txt file if there isn't one there.. i'll verify that and delete all the .txt files in the directory and zone a few times and then check the directory

MQSEQ2
12-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Ok, let me know, I'm going to do testing on it tomorrow. Got busy working on other features and bugs tonight.