PDA

View Full Version : need a lot of help...

Iceman2k12
11-30-2003, 03:30 PM
I have a list of questions for you computer experts.. :)

1) I know that ShowEQ requires the use of a client computer running Linux. Does MYSEQ requre Linux or can I use windows with it?

2) The network that i have set up, one of my computers is downstairs and the other is upstairs, but its a WIRED network. I got it so that my downstairs computer (The one im gonna play EQ on) can access the upstairs computer by using remote desktop. The upstairs computer, however cannot access my downsatirs computer for some reason. Does this mean that MySEQ will not work? If so, how would i go about fixing it? (Running XP on both systems)

well, thats all i can think of, but something tells me that if i fix the network *problem*, SEQ would work.. thanks for any help.

MQSEQ2
11-30-2003, 04:23 PM
I was waiting for the questions ;)

1) MySEQ is all Microsoft Windows based (Win98/WinME/WinNT/Win2K/WinXP).

2) You run the Server 1.11 on your machince with EQ and you run the Client on the same machine or any other Windows based computer.

3) Set the IP Address of the Server in the Client program (Hit F1) and you can modify some of the other options as well.

This should be all you need, there is a Self Installer that will do all the installations. Then you can download the latest Client.

Iceman2k12
11-30-2003, 05:19 PM
is there any way i can sue SEQ by using remote desktop, do do i have to be on the computer physically to see the info? also, how do i find which port and ip address to connect the client to :( thanks for the help

Iceman2k12
11-30-2003, 05:20 PM
double post, sorry

MQSEQ2
11-30-2003, 05:57 PM
They are set to 5555.

What are you trying to do with remote desktop? you can run EQ/Server/Client all on the same computer if needed.

Iceman2k12
11-30-2003, 06:40 PM
ok i am running it all on same comp, now when i connect, nothing happens with the map. i pointed it to the right directory already. is it supposed to load the map automatically? or do i need to load the map..

MQSEQ2
11-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Do you have the maps in the maps directory? If not go to Xeerer's web site and download the Self Installer.

Yes the maps autload. Does any of the mobs show up? You need to give more information when posting so we can get it up and working.

xeerex
12-01-2003, 12:21 AM
Hi Iceman,

Since MYSEQ has pretty much answered the questions, let me just suggest that you read up some on my FAQ:

http://www.rexpage.com/myseq/default.asp?Action=FAQ

You can also download self-installing files there if you have trouble getting the maps to run.

==========
On running Remote Desktop software, you don't need to if you install the client and server on your EQ computer.

If you just want some cool remote software to run just for the heck of it, try Ultra-VNC. It works well.

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/