PDA

View Full Version : My Screen Stays Black - Changing the Offets

xeerex
12-01-2003, 10:04 PM
Ok--so you have setup everything properly and confirmed that the client and server "talk" to each other, but your screen stays black on the client. What causes this? Most like the Offsets needs to be changed if SOE has patched some new EQ files when you logged in.

Here's an FAQ on how to do it:

http://www.rexpage.com/myseq/default.asp?Action=FAQ#offsets

MQSEQ2
12-01-2003, 11:24 PM
Looks good.

One Day I will write more information for you to post on your site for trouble shooting. As you can see from most of my posts I can determine what's the problem if the folks give me enough information to work with. This project is very basic to setup and get working so we should be able to answer all the questions in a FAQ.

xeerex
12-02-2003, 08:47 AM
Sounds great to me. You do a great job of troubleshooting!

Once you get time, just send me a PM or whatever.:cool:

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 09:18 AM
I guess that comes from many years of being in the computer industry.

Troubleshooting is very easy to do if the folks give the right information when posting for help.

xeerex
12-02-2003, 09:25 AM
I agree.

I'm a former training instructor (apps and networking) for www.newhorizons.com. There is nothing like a classroom full of secretaries/office assistants trying to learn Excel or Access who barely know how to check their email. Or someone who hasn't even been through A+ but insists on on becomming a Novell Engineer (CNE) or MSCE.:p

Anyway, except for programming, let me know of anything else I can do to help. This is a fun project.

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 10:02 AM
I worked at a few different Education Centers in my past. I actual have a MCSE # in the 30,000 range, that's how long it's been for me and I forget what my CNE # is. My poor lil brain cell is growing old and tired.