PDA

View Full Version : New Feature request in Myseq

new2myseq
12-02-2003, 11:49 AM
Hi all - after reading the thread on differences between seq and myseq there was a feature I would like to see. Also thought others could use this thread as a common spot to add feature requests.

Feature: Ability to identify if a mob is caring a weapon.

It has been almost a year since I used seq but I seem to recall that it identified information about gear on the mob. would really help if trying to make some cash to track down those mobs who are holding weapons....

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 12:02 PM
That will be coming our with the Server 2.0 and revamp of the Client to work with the Server 2.0.

jag111
12-02-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by new2myseq
but I seem to recall that it identified information about gear on the mob

....sort of. The only information your client recieves about a mob's gear is if the gear is actually visible to you in game. i.e. Lightsources and *some* weapons. The information also only applies to how to draw the item graphically, it won't tell you exactly what the item is similar to the way ground spawn identification works.

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 12:55 PM
You will see something like 1hs Velium Sword and that could represent 10 different weapons for example. Same as for other players you will see Leather and it could mean Black Panther Arms.

magictiger
12-02-2003, 02:13 PM
This would definetly help track down the glowing wurm biles for the prayer shawl, since it's a lightsource for the mob :)

jag111
12-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Having camped those biles recently for 2 different characters, they're not common enough for it to matter. You're going to end up killing them all anyway just to make them respawn faster.

MQSEQ2
12-02-2003, 03:55 PM
Been there done that, hehe. I used Dynamic Lighting to help out some, but Jag is right your gonna have to wipe them all out anyway to get them to spawn. BTW I got all 5 in under 2 hrs.