PDA

View Full Version : Charsis / howling stones Map

new2myseq
12-05-2003, 06:07 PM
Hello all.

I am using 1.15.12 client. All maps have come up great so fare.

Only one I have found that does not work is Charasis / howling stones.

When I load the client - mobs show up in mob list, but map screen is completely blank and bugy (shows parts of other windows ....)

Any ideas or a new map file out there ? I just did the full install from the self installer a few days ago.

MQSEQ2
12-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Post the Zone name in the lower right corner so I can try to manually load it. We have come across several bad maps and we will try to correct them ASAP if there is a problem in them.

xeerex
12-05-2003, 10:21 PM
I'll update the Maps in the self-installers as well once someone posts a good verision.

Undertaker
12-06-2003, 02:31 PM
I downloaded a complete new set of maps from http://maps.eq-toolbox.com the other day and placed them in my map directory. Now, MySEQ automatically tries to load the .map format files, but I was able to manually load the .txt format map of Charasis from eq-toolbox. It doesn't show the zone in a multi-level format (the different colors), but it at least shows everything and is workable for now.

Note: I don't believe this to be a map problem. The map worked correctly in prior versions of the client. So, I believe it's either a client issue, or possibly a slight offset issue that's only noticeable in a few zones maybe?

MQSEQ2
12-06-2003, 02:46 PM
I made a change a couple of releases ago. I put in a check (try {} catch{}) to make sure it could load the map. If there was missing information then it would abort the map process, which sounds like what is happening.

This would lead me to believe the map is bad. I will take a look at it today to see what I can see.