PDA

View Full Version : MacroQuest Users

MQSEQ2
12-05-2003, 10:32 PM
I need to know how many MySEQ users use MacroQuest.

Gnutter
12-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Why's that then? Is server 2.0 going to break macroquest(2)?

MQSEQ2
12-06-2003, 11:52 PM
Nope, I'm going to add a Interface in MySEQ that will connect to MQ and allow you to send the command to MQ via MySEQ. This will open a wwhole new realm of we we can do. For example there was a feature request that asked to select spawn in MySEQ and have it select it in EQ, since MySEQ is passive to EQ (Read Only) we couldn't do it, but MQ can do these types of things.

I wasn't going to tell folks cause it was gonna be a Christmas present to the community, but since you asked thats the surprise.

Gnutter
12-07-2003, 08:36 AM
Doh, sorry i spoiled your surprise.
Sounds fantastic. Would this be implemented as an MQ2 plugin?

Mixy!
12-07-2003, 09:56 AM
If this is done, please try to make them work independently of one another too. I use myseq all of the time, and MQ2 rarely.

I just dont want to run into a situation where if one of them is broken neither can be used.

-Mixy!

MQSEQ2
12-07-2003, 10:53 AM
The feature will be a MySEQ only feature not a MQ2 option. You will have full control on whether you want to use this option or not.

It will be a dockable Window in MySEQ (like the Spawn List) and if you don't want to use it just hide the window it will only connect to MQ only when you click Connect.

Midnight
12-07-2003, 04:53 PM
This concept is just frickin beautiful. <3

deda
12-08-2003, 12:31 AM
for the mq2 users an myseqserver plugin for mq2 would rock, since all the data you want to send to the myseq client is there to grab already. no more seperate ini, since we borrow the offsets from them anyway after a patch.

even the shortzonename we use, is mentioned in the eqgame.h
(just add $40 to the offset 'instEQZoneInfo' ).

MQSEQ2
12-08-2003, 07:06 AM
The Server 2.0 version pulls all that information :).

I'm currently working on getting the Spell Names, so I can populate my Spell Timers.

xeerex
12-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Good grief! Pump some more caffeine in those veins and see what else you can dream up!:p

MQSEQ2
12-08-2003, 01:43 PM
hehe and I have it working now. I'm going to post a picture of it in the begining stages. Right now it connects and recieves data from MQ. Now I just need to add some color codes based on EQ color settings (ie. chat, tells, guild, etc.).

Sooner or later I might get some sleep ;)

MQSEQ2
12-08-2003, 02:01 PM
Here's a screen shot of the MacroQuest Interface right now.

http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ/MySEQ-1.15.14.GIF

I will still be adding some more options to it.

The plan is to make it so you can store common commands you use then you just have to double click them in a list and it will perform the request.

tenable
12-08-2003, 02:36 PM
this, is pimp =P

MQSEQ2
12-08-2003, 03:24 PM
translation = this is cool or sweet

tenable
12-08-2003, 05:42 PM
or if youre from the 80s, this is rad!

Gnutter
12-09-2003, 05:11 AM
Ah, Didn't understand how you were planning on implementing it at first, but building a telnet window into MYSEQ is great.

Nice idea :)

SurfAngel
12-09-2003, 01:18 PM
70s - Groovy :D

James911
12-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Im curious about a couple things.

1. Will the inclusion of mq in the myseq client make it anymore detectable by soe then it currently is.

2. Is it going to put more of a spotlite on myseq as a cheating program instead of just a tool. Meaning currently there isn't much damage to the game that can be done with myseq. Sure you can not get lost, you can run right to names. But overall it doesn't impact the game very much at all. Because of this I think soe hasn't persued shuting it down. Now macroquest on the other hand is known to be used to generate tons of platinum when a exploit is found, as well I'm sure of other cheats. So will putting these MQ features into myseq put more of a spotlite on the program so that soe might go to greater lengths to stop people from using it?

MQSEQ2
12-09-2003, 03:38 PM
This shouldn't cause anymore of a spotlite since you can tlnet to MQ anyways. I'm finding most MQ'ers use the ingame interface the was created for MQ2. I don't peferr to do that so I use telnet to send the commands to MQ (when I actually use it).

Sony has known about the SEQ projects for yrs now and since MySEQ want be doing anything other than send commnads (we are not relying on MQ for anything) it's no more of a spotlite than normal.

seph_yaro
12-10-2003, 09:43 AM
If you are going to build in this telnet window, can I post a request for one small (I think - I'm not a programmer, so I wouldn't really know) feature?
The ability to filter out what text you DON'T want spamming the telnet window: IE, Guildchat.
It could probably be done with another filter file, similiar to the ones for the various zones, ne?

All my fiddling with my ini's and I can't figure out how to filter out this stuff going to the telnet window on this machine. It would be lovely - I, for one, want to JUST see macroquest text and/or skill ups text in telnet.

MQSEQ2
12-10-2003, 09:55 AM
To filter the text you want from MQ is simply use the MQ /filter command then MQ won't even send it to MySEQ (ex. /filter ooc should filter all OOC's for been displayed)

To find out what MQ can filter just type: /filter{Enter} and it will list the options.

elminster
12-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Please don't... :-) I'm sure my opinion is outweighed by the vast majority of people who would like to have it included, but I like the fact that ShowEQ and MYSEQ don't interact with EQ at all other than to read information, either out of memory or out of the data stream. I'd really hate to see MYSEQ get lumped in with the sorts of things you can do with MQ, and allowing the two to interface seems like a bad first step. I'm sure one of the things that's saved ShowEQ from getting more attention from Sony is its inability to do anything to the game. I realize that what you're talking about is really just an interface for MQ, and it's MQ issuing the commands, but it's still a window in MYSEQ that you're clicking in to make something happen.

MQSEQ2
12-10-2003, 12:44 PM
Even tho I understand your point but the MQ Interface is nothing more than a Telnet session, which in fact you could use to connect to anything. I'm doing it as an option and the folks that don't want it can hide it.

I personally want it and that's why I'm adding it even tho I don't use MQ that often but I hate Putty and I won't use MQ inside EQ.

Remember EQ can't do alot to stop these types of programs, they can only break us for a time frame but there are alot of folks that put the time and effort to ensure we have these types of programs.

If Sony wants to stop the use of these programs they can add these types of features into the game. That's the real issue here, there refuse to listen to the users requests and yes they monitor these forums all the time. Maybe if we all complian enough maybe they will add it. We have a wishlist and most of them gets added very quickly, no reason they couldn't do the same.

showme1
12-10-2003, 02:00 PM
Ok so this will work as a telnet connection then? I use MQ sometimes also but i have YET to be able to get telnet to work. Have tried putty and a couple others and all i get is that the connection was refused. Doesnt matter if i try on the local machine or my laptop. Im mainly asking cause i assume i will still have trouble connecting via telnet even if its built into mseq.

If you have any tips i'd appreciate it. I'm using windows XP and i DO have the firewall turned off. I have set the macroquest ini telnet section to what it says to do. The only option i can think that is screwing me up is the localhost option. I have left it at 0, changed it to 1 and i still get the connection refused error. I have tried numerous ports, 6969, 23... and so on samething. Any tips you have would be much appreciated cause i'd really LOVE to use telnet. I hate having it in my EQ window aswell.

thanks!

Edit..

Also have set the telnet ini to match the telnet section in the macroquest.ini. forgot to say this the first time. i have also loaded the plugin mq2telnet. I have to be missing some simple step somewhere and it's driving me crazy!

MQSEQ2
12-10-2003, 02:43 PM
In the MacroQuest.Ini set these settings:

[MacroQuest]
FilterMacro=2
UseMQChatWnd=0

[Telnet Server]
Enabled=1
LocalOnly=0
Port=6000
Welcome=Telnet Server
Password=mypassword

In the mq2telnet.ini set these:

[Telnet Server]
Port=6000
LocalOnly=0
Welcome=Successful login. Welcome to my undergroud lair.
LoginPrompt=login:
PasswordPrompt=password:

This should do it for you. If you still have trouble do the following:

1) Open a DOS prompt
2) Type: netstat -a
3) Verify port 6000 is Listening

If this port is Listening then you should be able to connect via PuTTY. Don't use the DOS telnet since it's a character based telnet vs. a line based.

seph_yaro
12-10-2003, 03:11 PM
thanks for the info :)

showme1
12-11-2003, 12:38 AM
ok I'm SOOO close to getting it. they are talking now, but the login password thing is screwing it up. Man i feel like such a n00b cause I can't get this going hehe.

im gonna ask if my example is right and you can tell me what I need to change pretty please hehe. i will give a couple examples of what i have done

[Telnet Server]
Enabled=1
LocalOnly=0
Port=6000
Welcome=Telnet Server
Password= im assuming this is what i want my password to be so i put that in here and went to the next step! The rest of this part was indentical.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Telnet Server]
Port=6000
LocalOnly=0
Welcome=Successful login. Welcome to my undergroud lair.
LoginPrompt=login:
PasswordPrompt=password:

on this part is where i know im being a gimp and screwing something REAL simple up. ALL but the login and password lines are indentical to what you have. my question comes on this part

should these lines be like this

LoginPrompt=login:what i want my login to be, or should this be blank?

PasswordPrompt=password:in this spot i put the password that i chose for the macroquest ini.

Basically does anything go after the colons lol?

I honestly feel so stupid that i can't get this working. I'm always real good getting things going on my own, but this telnet crap has been a nightmare heh.

if you can clarify those two lines so my dumbarse can understand better i'll praise your name more then i do already! thank you for your help and your hard work on this mseq2. Like i told ya in another thread, you and the devs here have made EQ fun for me again. I hope this made some sense hehe. The connection refused part is solved, i'm just being a gimp, or this telnet portion has givin several people trouble lol. I have looked all over the macroquest boards and honestly could not find one good thread to get past this problem hehe.

Thanks!

MQSEQ2
12-11-2003, 07:12 AM
LoginPrompt=login:
PasswordPrompt=password:

These are just the prompts that you would see once you connected to the MQ Telnet Server. If you place anything after the colon, it's gonna treat it as the prompt not the actual information you are trying to use.

I have not looked at the code they are using for telnet but I do believe they still use the MacroQuest.Ini (they may have changed that now).

You can look at the folowing in the MQ2Telnet.Ini:

[Users]
;username=password

and try something like this:

[Users]
joebob=mypassword

I would say by doing that you would use joebob as the user and mypassword as the password.

You should be able to tell which password to use because if it's the MacroQuest.Ini password it will only prompt for a password. If it prompts for a user and password then it's reading the MQ2Telnet.Ini.

Try these settings to see if they work.