PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Troubleshooting Q&A

xeerex
12-06-2003, 03:38 PM
I'm adding a troubleshooting Q&A to www.rexpage.com/myseq .

For now the questions and answers are going to be in a long list type format. This will allow us to easily copy/paste them to the forum if necessary.

If I make some nice querystrings so that the answers "appear" on click or something, it will just make it more difficult for someone to copy/paste later on. Plus, I'm trying to keep that little page as simple as possible for maintenance.

Anyway, most questions are answered in the Instructions and FAQ's. If you RTFM (aka instructions), then you will have minimal if any problems. However, this Troubleshooter will try to address help questions asked here and try to reinforce the idea of RTFM.

Enjoy.....

JamEQ
12-18-2003, 07:59 AM
Do you need to compile the newest version 1.15.14 ? Or will the Client 1.15.14 Self Installation Package do it. If you do need to compile what can I use to compile the newest version?

Thanks for your time.

MQSEQ2
12-18-2003, 08:19 AM
I have supplied the .Exe for .14 but I have also supplied the Compile.Bat file that will compile it for you.

I know Xeerex could probably prompt for a name during the Installation then the Installer compiles it with the name given. Now will Xeerex do it? I don't know and it wouldn't be a high priority for him to do unless he likes a challenge to see if it could be done.

JamEQ
12-18-2003, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the fast reply. By the way whats new in the .14 version I did not see the specs?

MQSEQ2
12-18-2003, 08:35 AM
Look in the developers section of the forums to see version specs.

xeerex
12-18-2003, 08:47 AM
/em digs through arcane files to find the magical installer and compiler!

Seriously, I'll look into having the self-installer give the option to run the compiler batch file at installation. It'll be a few days though but sounds fun.

MQSEQ2
12-18-2003, 08:51 AM
I know Wise Installer could do that in the past, what Installer program are you using?

xeerex
12-18-2003, 08:59 AM
I'm using Installer to Go for these since its quick. However, if I2G won't allow it, I'll take a look a Wise Installer and learn it.