PDA

View Full Version : Alarm problems for a newbie

Newbie101
12-07-2003, 04:52 AM
Greetings all,
I was wondering if somebody could help me out here. I was able to get everything up and running for the most part but I'm having some difficulty with the alarm stuff. I went the to the blueadept page and downloaded the filters102303.tar.bz2 file. I also downloaded winrar so I could decompress the files. I decompressed them into my filters folder. They are all config files, Is this ok or do I need to get something else.(txt files)

I was also looking for more information regarding how the alarms work. For example say I was aiming for the ancient cyclops in S Ro, after killing several mobs would an alarm go off that would let me know that the AC had spawned?

MQSEQ2
12-07-2003, 11:10 AM
Download these filters (Converted from Blue Adepts):

http://www.pretorianselite.com/filters.zip

Once you unzip these into the filters directory they will automatically work once you zone into a zone and there are mobs in the list for that zone.

There are 3 types of filters for a zone (Hunt/Caution/Rare) and there are 2 ways to load them Global and Zone Filters. Global Alerts are used to look for mobs that are in multiple zones while Zone Alerts are specific for that zone only.

Newbie101
12-07-2003, 11:34 AM
I'm going to download that files later and give it a try.
So I'm assuming an example of a global filter would be like if I was hunting in S Ro and King Tormax from Kael popped the alarm would go off?
And an example of zone alarm would be an ancient cyclops popping in S Ro while I was there.
I looking forward to playing with this later. Thankyou for the information you provided.

MQSEQ2
12-07-2003, 12:14 PM
Nope the Global Alerts would be if you wanted to hunt the Ancient Cyclop in SRo or OOT, you would add it to the Global Hunt list so when you shown into either one of thoses zones it would look for them.

Remember you will never know about any spawns outside of the Zone you are in, EQ doesn't send any data but the zone data you are in.

Newbie101
12-08-2003, 10:59 AM
ok, I was playing around for a little bit today. I downloaded the files from the link you gave me into my filter directory. I went into South Karana and was trying to find Quillmane. I know how rare of a mob he is but what I'm wondering is if I'm running ShowEq and he pops what will happen? Is there a wav file that goes off? Does his name pop up on the screen or do I have to refresh every few minutes?
I also took a look into the zone alerts and it was empty. Should it be empty even though I downloaded those files into my filter directory?

xeerex
12-08-2003, 12:48 PM
If a mob is properly loaded as an alert, then it will flash on the map as well as have extra characters appended to its name in the mob list for the zone. Sorting my Name will show them easily.

Also, if you go into Options...Alerts (tab) then you can specify that a mob will sound a system beep or you can specify a .wav file to use. For instance, I made a custom .wav file that is 30 seconds long for rare mobs. If I can am camping something, I turn up my volume if I need to go afk for something.

MQSEQ2
12-08-2003, 01:49 PM
bah on those .wav files, I spent all of 5 mins adding Speech. make it say "Rare Mob, Quillmane has spawned" (something like that) hehe

Don't surpress the speach. Don't plead the 5th.

Ok time to get back to programming.