PDA

View Full Version : SEQ Map Sizing Problems...

Zmodem
01-31-2002, 10:02 AM
Greetings,

I have an unusal map problem. I have SEQ running great, but when I go into Paludal Caverns, the map initially is the correct size, but upon fully zoning it shrinks to a very small size. Sure, I can zoom into 32x, but can't go past that zoom level. I go into other zones and the map scaling is great. When I initially zone into another zone, the map comes up, then it stays that same size. Paludal Caverns shrinks to about the size of a quarter.

Are there any settings in the showeq.conf file that need to be changed? Suggestions?-

Thanks,
Z

Azerael
01-31-2002, 12:28 PM
I see this on occasion myself, it happens in random zones, but usually Kael Drakkel or Thurgadin. It appears to me to happen when the initial decode is fine, but for some reason information is lost about one or more Mobs and they continue their pathing far out of the zone 'boundaries' The map continues to scale in an attempt to keep all listed spawns in the map frame but because there is some information lost they keep wandering further and further out of line.

Almost without fail, if I rezone, its fine when it decodes the zone again. I'd say I've only had to restart SEQ 2x in all the time I've been using it since v4 came out in order to rectify it.

Cryonic
01-31-2002, 03:27 PM
There are some zones where mobs really do spawn outside the borders. Don't know the purpose of them other than to maybe be an anoyance for SEQ users.

Azerael
01-31-2002, 03:38 PM
Yup, there sure are, but they don't ever seem to be so far outside the boarders as the ones that cause me headaches.

The ones I see literally have velocity lines and begin in valid points, but for some reason SEQ either doesn't get any more information on them or forgets about them but keeps refreshing them as they follow the last known path and velocity...

Its not very often, and I have no problems zoning the extra times to fix it if I want to stay in the zone, its just an observation about how its replicated on my system.

The ones that spawn normally outside the regular zone boundaries I find and decode properly. They seem to be mainly triggers for other quests or special mobs or else are problem mobs (i.e. the sleeping ogre spawning underneath the world in Nurga).