PDA

View Full Version : okay this one is blowing me up :)

bobbib
12-08-2003, 09:08 AM
Okay i have a 'funny problem'

I can start the server, and then the client and everything works fine, BUT after a while mySEQ framerate really slows down so much its hard to scroll on the mobslist and in the map it self...anyone knows what to do ???

Oh yeah server is running on a windows2k server, and client on a windowsXP, and if i press start and then go again it works fine again for about 30 seconds, then its starts to get slow again

Bobbib

MQSEQ2
12-08-2003, 09:35 AM
What Server and Client versions are you using?

I've used the program for 10+ hrs with no problems.

bobbib
12-08-2003, 01:37 PM
let me see..

server is 1.9B

client is 1.13

/bobbib

MQSEQ2
12-08-2003, 01:56 PM
Very old Client and Server.

You should upgrade to Server 1.11 and Client 1.15.13 to see if that solves your issues. It could be offsets or something in the 1.13.x version.

bobbib
12-09-2003, 01:40 AM
okay i will do that tonite when i get home from work, i tell ya how it turns out :)

/Bobbib

bobbib
12-10-2003, 02:13 AM
Hias

Okay now i tried the new version, and everything seems to work now.

Btw wow i like the whole new thing, with autotarget and the colors are much easier on the eyes :) really great work guys

/Bobbib

MQSEQ2
12-10-2003, 06:35 AM
Glad it's working for you. Be careful using the program with the recent EQ attempts to catch folks using 3rd party software.

NovaUSC
12-12-2003, 12:43 PM
I've had this same problem since 1.14. It works great for an hour or so and then the PC running the client starts chugging.It only seems to be affecting show eq though. Everythign else seems to run at normal speed. I have been doing the updates along the way and the problem is still there. I am currently running server 1.11 and client 1.15.10. I have shut off everything except explorer and systray and have scanned for anything else using system resources, including viruses. I have 70 percent resources free at the time (according to windows). If I shut it down and bring it back the problem is still there, I have to rebott the PC. The only other thign I can think of is a hardware problem with the PC but my machine at my office does it too.

MQSEQ2
12-12-2003, 01:02 PM
We have been trying to cleanup and optimize the code and starting with 1.15.11 that was some major changes on how we draw the information on the map. We read and calculate xy one time vs. the multiple times in older versions. we will continue to try and reduce code bottle necks. Alot of major changes will be made when the 2.x series comes out.