PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ - Is it open source? Should a precompiled version continue to be released?

Stogar
12-09-2003, 01:19 PM
With all the things happening lately some questions have been brought up about pre-compiled versions of these types of apps.

SEQ has never been released in a ready to run version, when Macroquest was the devs changed it so that it'd be very difficult to make a generic ready to run version.

Trainers are also available ready to run.

My personal opinion is that making a version easy to get and use will get it into more people's hands who will abuse it.

My question's are:

Is MySEQ still open source? And if it is open source then what do all the devs think about it being released pre-compiled?

The CVS appears to be a bit out of date:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/seq/myseq/server/
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/seq/myseq/client/

If this project is hosted on sourceforge and opensource then I think the CVS needs to be current so we can check in and out. If I wanted to post some changes I made to the source, where would I do it with the current version?

I'm not saying anything against MQSEQ2's work, it's great and kept the project alive.

I think with the way things are, it's time to get back to adhearing to the opensource model for one. And to take example from MQ2 and SEQ and no longer release binaries.

It would probably be a good idea to make the break from under SEQ and setup our own sourceforge site.

I know this will probably be a heated topic, and I am bringing it up for discussion nothing more.

MQSEQ2
12-09-2003, 01:55 PM
I created the myseqproject.sourceforge.net site (last week) but haven't done anything with it since this isn't my project. we can move there anytime .

We currently don't use CVS with the project since prior to this month we didn't have access to the CVS system (Ratt has made a few of use Dev status now). So currently it's being hosted elsewhere with full source. Lately only a few of us has made changes and we have done very well not stepping on each other (not the best way but it worked for the time being).

As for the binaries I don't care if they are in them or not, I personally don't care for the MA2Auth method even tho it was a good idea but it's flawed in concept. It was created to stop mass production of the programs being sold. But in reality they made it very nice for those selling it to have license control in it. For example, you want to buy it from me then I tell you to run this file then send me the files and I compile it for that machine only then you can only run it on that machine, but wait you have 2 computers and for another fee I'll compile the source with both Auth's in there so now you can run them on either system.

I will stop putting in binaries in the future releases but others will come up with ways to circumvent are efforts. I do development on this project because I'm bored with EQ the game and find it fun to do.

BTW your post want start anything because most folks here respect others, that why I develop here as well. The only think that will get raised is where's the binaries in the new releases.

I guess I will stop on 1.15.x series and put forth all the efforts on the 2.0 version and starting with those not distribute the binaries. This will also force folks to upgrade to the 2.0 versions if they want support (not what I care to see happen). This will be done to ensure the project lives and folks can still use it withour worrying if Sony gonna catch them. Once I do this please don't PM me asking for the binaries.

SEQ don't supply binaries becuase the Compilers come with the OS and was easy to find a step by step walk thru on how to do it.

Stogar
12-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Good point about the MQ2Auth program. I think the intent was to slow the rampant use by those who would abuse it.

The issue with SEQ always was that the general population wouldn't be able to do everything nessesary to get it running. A Windows version compiled or not is much easier to get going. Also the SEQ community was a lot less helpful to those that would abuse it.

That's great it's moving to it's own section. It's great that it'll be source only from now on. It's great to get everyone up to the newest rev.

I think if the more resposible people in the community step back up we can keep the abuse to a bare minimum.

z26o
12-09-2003, 03:05 PM
I for one appreciate the binaries and would ask that you continue to provide them. I like seeing the souce as well because I am teaching myself C# and this helps me understand the concepts.

If we force the user base to complie the source then that will just open up a ton of "how do I" or "I get this error" from the folks that don't use compilers normally. It's still open source, what's the big deal?

If you ask me, leave in the binaries.

Thanks for all your efforts.

z

Stogar
12-09-2003, 03:17 PM
The problem with binaries is that anyone can get, use and distribute them. If you have people compile it you take it one step back to where people who would abuse it may not have the fortitude to go through the trouble.

Sure it may spawn alot of "How do I...." messages. A simple HOWTO, FAQ or readme can be created and point them to.

If you learning c# then you've most likely got access to a compiler, in which case it's a grand total of like 10 clicks before you have a running copy of MySEQ.

Bottom line is just to make it harder to mainstream, not a question of opensource.

MQSEQ2
12-09-2003, 03:51 PM
The binaries and learning C# isn't what reduces the user population it's the lack of some folks not having compilers. SEQ was very easy to get up and running (I built from ground up Mandrake 8.x and latest SEQ in under 1 hr, very easy and din't really need to know alot of Linux).

By not supplying the binaries don't garuntee that we weed out the bad apples since most of those folks will get a copy of the compilers and build it themselves. All this really does is show Sony hey we respect the game and don't wan't them to modify there code that casues us to be broken for awhile. I have folks all the time asking me to compile things for them because they can't afford VS .Net 2003 (thanks Microsoft).

I'm not concerned about the "How ..." wuestions because I've been a professional instructor and been in tech support many years so I can explain it so anyone can understand it. Then once I explain it a couple of times people learn to try the stuff before they post. The problem with the SEQ community is they like to trash folks instead of helping anybody which causes more worthless and waste of time reading then good because the folks finally will get the answers sooner or later. I watched SEQ grow stale because of that.

As for the binaries I won't supply them but that doesn't mean someone else won't.

Stogar
12-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Come now, we both know that you are a little more advanced in computer knowledge than the average EQ user. I know technical people who it would take a day or two to get SEQ installed.

Personally I couldn't care less what Sony thinks, respects or whatever.

All you need is one user to make the project worth while, yourself. More users doesn't mean a better program, it means more trouble.

Anyone can get Visual Studio if they take 5 minutes to search, and an hour or so to download. If the program is that important I'm sure they could take that small amount of time to get it built.

As far as others go with releasing binaries....that problem solves itself. Someone will soon enough build a keylogger into it and steal their accounts, very easy to do and very hard for someone to detect that only is interested in a binary.

Source code only keeps things working without as much trouble and it weeds out the deadwood, IMO.

Thanks for the great job at taking up the lead on the project MQSEQ2.

MQSEQ2
12-09-2003, 11:12 PM
I found the walk thrus for SEQ in matter of 10 mins of searching then once I burned the cd's it was easy and at the time I hadn't used Linux for 9 years (when it first came out and didn't do alot with it then), so my knowledge was very limited.

More people don't make a better project because if it was true this would be a PoS program but it's how they use the program. MySEQ is like SEQ in the sense it's a tool to see the world not truely exploit it. MQ on the other hand is what causes the greedy folks come out of the wood works. I think Sony should have a macro engine built in to do basic stuff make it a skill or something. A large majority of the MQ folks use it to svae the hands from all the clicks with a few trying to expolit the game.

I ran SEQ and MQ and I can tell you I never looked at the source code (like most others), so just having the source code doesn't always mean it's not doing anything it shouldn't, what it does mean is if you don't trust it you can check it yourself and post your findings. If there was bad code folks would point it out very quickly.

Now for keyboard logging, yes it can be done but MQ and MySEQ dont kick in until the eggame gets loaded so if they don't trust the binaries they can launch them after you have your character totally in game, which is way after the login process.

I can prove and disprove anything giving it's worthwhile doing. I did this post to just clarify for the others because bottom line I don't really care if I get banned or not. If I did I would unleash every effort to make a better product readilly available to the masses by using the store bought cards. As it is now I'm just wasting time till I find something else in life to do. Dang I hate being bored hehe.

I do understand your concern for all the projects and that's why I decided to stop publishing the binaries. I want people to use the products and have fun in the game without worrying about being banned.

Blind Aviator
12-09-2003, 11:28 PM
I think releasing source only and no binaries is basically a flawed idea...
SEQ tried the same thing and for about 2 years it worked (that was the whole reason for having a LibEQ file) until the devs got "behind" after a patch broke the code for ~3 months... Why it took them ~3 months to "fix" SEQ is still a mystery to many of us but it did have one positive impact, MySEQ was created...

Once MySEQ (and several other like programs) were in the open and working Ratt admitted the LibEQ file was now obsolete as it was *ONLY* there to "prevent" someone from creating a Windoze version... Soon after he removed the need for the LibEQ file and wrote the code directly into SEQ to decode the data stream....

I think releasing source only will have very little impact on the "abuse" of the program as a whole.... The people that will abuse it either already have compilers or can get them very quickly (there are MANY free compilers on the web)....

More than likely what I see happening is someone that doesn't like the source only will begin to compile the source and host it somewhere for people without the knowledge or the ability to compile it themselves...

Unfortunately what else I see happening is some people taking the source and adding in trojans or other viruses to steal users login info and then compiling it for those without the knowledge or ability to do it themselves.... Since there will no longer be a binary available from the real devs these people will have little choice but to download these trojan laiden binaries.....

What I see happening once that starts to occur is either this project dwindling away slowly or someone else taking the source and starting their own project and releasing binaries....

IMHO source only is a very bad idea.... I personally will have little problems compiling it but others that depend upon the binaries will have to run the possible trojan binaries guantlet....

BA

high_jeeves
12-10-2003, 02:25 AM
ShowEQ was broken for 3 months (more than one time, actually) because of MAJOR and NON TRIVIAL changes to the encryption scheme. Thanks to some very bright people who were working on the project then (and may still be, I dont really know), the encryption was eventually cracked, and a new version of libEQ.a (which contained the decryption methods) was released immediately. If you are unclear as to why showEQ took 3 months to fix, i recommend you try to write a program to crack a 64 bit public/private key encryption system in realtime.

At one point during the downtime for showEQ, it was modified to take a key from a memory sniffer, transmitted over UDP. This memory sniffer was then modified (by the owner of this project, and others) to leach all of the data (spawns, zone, etc) out of memory, and bypass encryption all together. Hence, the birth of MySEQ.

At some point (in the not so distant past), sony changed their packet structure and encryption (i beleive it is much much weaker now, but i havent looked, so i dont really know). At this point, the leaders of the project (Ratt) decided that there was no point in keeping the encryption closed source, since there was already a windows version (Based on the mem sniffer technology), and because the decryption had become so trivial. So, libEQ.a was no longer needed as part of the project, and hence it was removed.

cavemanbob
12-10-2003, 03:05 AM
MyShowEQ is open source and always will be, the CVS is really, really out of date, but this will changeshortly as well. As for not including binaries, don't bother, if someone else won't precompile them I will. Once the server is converted to C# anyone who can run the software has the .NET framework runtime which includes the compiler anyway, and it's hardly complicated to compile, so why even bother not including a binary? Signed binaries are probably a better idea.

Moving to a new site is under consideration, it's probably a good idea, but we'll see.

MQSEQ2
12-10-2003, 06:55 AM
After reading the posts here and seeing the poll I created it looks like everyone still wants the binaries, which tells me the mjority of the folks use this program to benefit there pla time and since it really can't be use to alter EQ (passively reads memory) I will continue to supply the binaries.

I come to this conclusion becuase of one post only and that was Cavemanbob's. This project was started by CMB so I respect his views on how the project should progress. I created a project space for the project if CMB wants to move to it. I'm not here to force folks to move or to use the projects.

If folks want to see this project survive then they will use the programs in a fashion that won't bring undo focus to the project (meaning don't run ye mouth and get caught with it). It's a whole new game once you open your eyes with these programs.

Stogar
12-10-2003, 09:20 AM
I see the points, and well made ones at that.

Obviously though if you put up a poll the community is going to vote for binaries. I posted this in dev forum for devs really.

Maybe it's just a better idea to work this problem from the front end instead of the back. Like I posted on some other boards, if we can start watchdogging ourselves again then maybe we can stop the abuse that way.

I'm sure if the abusers know that people like us are watching for them, instead of just SOE, they may stop doing what they are doing.

What better additional use of the program then to use it to catch people abusing it.

Gnutter
12-11-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Stogar
Anyone can get Visual Studio if they take 5 minutes to search, and an hour or so to download. If the program is that important I'm sure they could take that small amount of time to get it built.

Stogar,

I'm sure a lot of people have done this but beware what you advocate. It's very different running a piece of software that violates a EULA to downloading pirated copies of Visual Studio.

As i understand it's really not necessary anyway. You should be able to compile with the compiler that comes with the framework. Its a bit trickier but completely legal.

MQSEQ2
12-11-2003, 07:21 AM
I haven't tried it but you could try to use the DOS command nmake to compile the code. I know nmake will work but can't remember if it comes in the .Net Framework 1.1 (but I think it does).

If someone wants to try this, here's the instructions on how to do it:

1) Open a DOS prompt
2) Change into the source directory
3) nmake /all

If it's gonna work, you should see it doing alot of work and should take a few secs.

If you get an error about nmake is not a valid command you can try a search on you hard drive to see if it's there, if so add that path to your path statement then reboot and try agian.

If it's not on your system go to Microsoft and search for nmake.

I know nmake comes with WinXP by default.

Just Some Guy
12-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'all'
Stop.

MQSEQ2
12-11-2003, 12:32 PM
try just nmake /all

Here is the help for nmake:

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Usage: NMAKE @commandfile
NMAKE [options] [/f makefile] [/x stderrfile] [macrodefs] [targets]

Options:

/A Build all evaluated targets
/B Build if time stamps are equal
/C Suppress output messages
/D Display build information
/E Override env-var macros
/HELP Display brief usage message
/I Ignore exit codes from commands
/K Build unrelated targets on error
/N Display commands but do not execute
/NOLOGO Suppress copyright message
/P Display NMAKE information
/Q Check time stamps but do not build
/R Ignore predefined rules/macros
/S Suppress executed-commands display
/T Change time stamps but do not build
/U Dump inline files
/Y Disable batch-mode
/? Display brief usage message

Just Some Guy
12-11-2003, 01:41 PM
>nmake /all
NMAKE : fatal error U1064: MAKEFILE not found and no target specified
Stop.

CybMax
12-11-2003, 02:21 PM
MySEQ used to be source a while at the very first, and the CVS was updated regularly, so i did some compiles "back then"..

Been a while, but i managed to compile with this commandline :

csc /out:myseq.exe /target:winexe /r:Speechlib.dll,folderbrowser.dll,Magiclibrary.dll /win32icon:app.ico Aboutdlg.cs frmMain.cs frmOptions.cs ListViewPanel.cs Structures.cs UtilSocket.cs MapCon.cs MapPane.cs

Compile without errors, but the .exe gives the following error when started :

Uncaught exception in Main(): 'null' is not a valid value for 'stream'.

Perhaps ill do some debugs or sumtin.. But fiddle around with it a bit JSG..

MQSEQ2
12-11-2003, 02:27 PM
ok try just nmake that should do it if not then I can supply some additional files it might be looking for. Those files are project files that get generate on your machine via the VS editor and shouldn't need to have tho. I will try to come up with better compile instructions.

CybMax
12-11-2003, 02:34 PM
nmake requires a makefile.. The makefile is a script file that contains most of the things i put behind csc.. Ie.. instead of typing that loooooong line i did before, you have the aditional info in a "makefile", and just type nmake..

The makefile is not included in the download, and frankly i dont think i can just "pop up" with one :P

I dont know why the compile goes without errors, but still dont work tho.. It generates the "timers" folder, and come up with the usual things about "setting default" when no config (XML) files are in the folder, but alas.. crashes with the previous mentioned error just as the window is about to pop..

Might be sumtin in the files or a option i have not included, but as i said.. you can just as well type 1 loooong csc line, than to make a makefile, and then type nmake.. (At least i dont really think the nmake is a "different" compiler, but rather sumtin that uses csc AS a the compiler..)

MQSEQ2
12-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Do you have the Cdg directory with files in there?

I hate that Main () error, just means the error cam from somewhere else and we gonna have fun tracking it down hehe.

I've been going through the source code and adding more error logging information. just hard to do clean up code as well as adding new features. But all the new features are being setup up with full logging, to help us in the future.

I will try your command line and see what I come up with.

MacQ
12-11-2003, 06:53 PM
I just thought I’d add a little input even though I’m just a recipient of everyone’s great work and not a dev on this project.

The issue of SEQ on Windows has vexed me for quite awhile. I have the Linux version running on an old laptop that’s dedicated just for this task. What I absolutely love about the Linux version is that as far as I know, it’s impossible for SOE to programmatically detect its use. They would have to evaluate my game play, but since I’m generally a conservative SEQ user, I feel comfortable that I can remain inconspicuous.

I also use the Windows version because I like the ability to simply use an existing system running all my Windows applications. I love that I can get the Windows binaries…it’s just a lot simpler for me. Yes I have to compile my Linux version, but at least I don’t have to compile the Windows version. Honestly, I really prefer a Windows version and look forward to the Windows version equaling the Linux version in features and functionality.

Here is my dilemma, I think the popularity of MySEQ is going to increase rapidly, and I’m terrified SOE will finally take notice and try to do something its use since SOE can programmatically detect the Windows version of MySEQ. As I live in San Diego and periodically have lunch in Sorrento Valley with some SOE programmer friends, I get this information straight from the “horse’s mouth”.

For years, the very small Linux/SEQ community has generally kept a low profile and for the most part, remained off SOE’s RADAR screen. Partly because so few folks run Linux/SEQ and partly because there is no real good technical way to detect it’s usage. That fact that SEQ operated on Linux and that you had to compile the source code was a huge barrier to entry that most folks could not break, kind of a little private club so to speak. I think the Windows version of SEQ is the proverbial opening of Pandora’s Box and as more folks start to use MySEQ I think it’s only a matter of time before the retards screw it up for everyone and SOE takes notice and tries to do something about it.

Do I love the Windows version and am I thankful for all the hard work that went into it…absolutely. Am I a bit hypocritical in my post…yes. Do I have a fair, appropriate and balanced solution to my fears…not really. Then why am I writing this…because I wanted to share my thoughts with others since I think it’s always good to discuss issues.

CybMax
12-12-2003, 05:38 AM
Calzon i see your point indeed.

As with most proggies it will end up like this when its way to aviable :( I am pretty sure the MacroQuest project is just the same.. ie. ppl have been using MQ for years, especially for the very good possibilities you have when multiboxing.. (Control both chars from 1 commandline kinda)..

Until too many started using it, and now it has become the tools of the "platmakers", and thus ruined the while thing. SOE Are indeed aware of MQ now, and will possibly do things with the next large patch to possibly detect and report this.. (Speculations yes.. but not unlikely).

SEQ Has been different, especially now that it is a pure packet sniffer, and are impossible to detect. MySEQ can still be detected by adding code that look for spesific memory patterns (footprints.. whatever) that the myseqserver exe file gives (Not only looking for running processes by the name of myseqserver.exe). So.. YES.. if this becomes a "average" program, it WILL be messed around with..

But on the comforting side.. Due not only to SEQ, but also on the various numbers of different map tools, the DID add ingame maps.. :) Perhaps a small radar like in SWG will be added next.. hehe

I am pretty sure most use MySEQ or SEQ just like i do : 1. map function (also in the zones with unaviable ingame maps.. like ToV), and 2. Easy to track mobs ALL over the zone at any time.. And possibly last 3. Find safe routes through mobs.. I never say "This and that mob popped" if i dont play a real tracker, and actually are able to track the mob on the ingame tracking list..

SEQ project is ideal as of that.. its not hard to set up Linux and compile SEQ, but its a LOT harder for those that aint really "linux doodez", than its to install MySEQ. The limit therefor makes itself. The only way to really limit the use of MySEQ would be to take it off opensource, and make it limited by (as prev. suggested) do some kind of machine spesific compile or sumtin like that.. Would indeed break the opensource tho :(

Then.. What am i saying? We are all SOL, and need to hope ppl will be mature enough for this to not mess it up for the rest of us :P

tartopoil
12-12-2003, 06:07 AM
csc /out:myseq.exe /target:winexe /r:Speechlib.dll,folderbrowser.dll,Magiclibrary.dll /win32icon:app.ico Aboutdlg.cs frmMain.cs frmOptions.cs ListViewPanel.cs Structures.cs UtilSocket.cs MapCon.cs MapPane.cs Compile without errors, but the .exe gives the following error when started : Uncaught exception in Main(): 'null' is not a valid value for 'stream'.

Problem here deals with the embeded bitmap that can't be loaded.
just edit frmMain.cs, comment out line 409 :
// img = ResourceHelper.LoadBitmapStrip(this.GetType(), "myseq.Docking.bmp", new Size(16,16), new Point(0,0));

The program should compile then, the only thing is that you won't have icon for the "spawn list/spawn timer list".

MQSEQ2
12-12-2003, 07:02 AM
As for EQ detecting MySEQ, they could write code to do it but remember they can determine if the program that accessed the EQ memory space was MQ/MySEQ/AntiVirus. Becuase of the AntiVirus program they would ban 95% of everyone since all AntiViruses by default scans the memory for viruses.

Now there's nothing to prevent you from renaming the Server .Exe to Norton.Exe. So when they looked at the process that queried the memeory space it would show as Norton.Exe.

Now for the real question: I will look at doing the bitmap a different way to see if we can do it without embedding the picture and have it load from file. If you don't have a picture it will cause errors when you try the AutoHide feature (by clicking the tack)

CybMax
12-12-2003, 08:10 AM
Just add /res:docking.bmp to the compile line :)

Complete line to compile the working version from the sources would then be :

csc /out:myseq.exe /target:winexe /res:docking.bmp /r:Speechlib.dll,folderbrowser.dll,Magiclibrary.dll /win32icon:app.ico Aboutdlg.cs frmMain.cs frmOptions.cs ListViewPanel.cs Structures.cs UtilSocket.cs MapCon.cs MapPane.cs

And VIOLA!! There you go :)

MQSEQ2
12-12-2003, 08:30 AM
sweet and I just did this:

Bitmap bitmap = new Bitmap(@".\Docking.bmp");
bitmap.MakeTransparent(Color.FromArgb(255, 0, 255));
img.Images.Add(bitmap);

But I will add back the other way since it's better code.

MQSEQ2
12-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Ok added the old code back and working well.

Now the question is, is the csc command only installed via VS .NET 2003 or does it come with .Net Framework?

tartopoil
12-12-2003, 08:42 AM
I had the csc command with the .net framework ( I don t have VS )

CybMax
12-12-2003, 08:46 AM
csc.exe is the compiler that comes with .NET framework. No VS.NET installed here..
Like in Linux, the gcc command can be used to compile instead of having a makefile and using make /all .. (Since make is calling the gcc executable anyway)

You must add your .NET Framework path to the global path in Windows tho.. Mine is eg. c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v.1.1.4322 This allows you to run csc directly from prompt inside your myseq source folder. (With the previously mentioned arguements) (Using Windows XP here)

Only thing i cant figure out now is how to get the version number coded in on the .exe .. Ie. when you check properties on the exe itself, it will read "Version 0.0.0.0" .. There is supposed to be a command for this to add to csc manually as well, but i am not sure.. Not that it matters really, but for neatness and stuff, it sure would be nice :P

CybMax
12-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Hmm.. i am too new at this thing.. Sorry.. When i compile now after reinstalling all the files "just to verify".. it seems i get the exception error again.. sheesh..

Perhaps i messed around with the source when i got the /res:docking.bmp to work?

Ill try with the "other" code and give some feedback then MYSEQ2.. Sorry for any confusion.. Pls.. anyone do some testing (since .NET is required to RUN the application, everyone should be able to compile as well.)

MQSEQ2
12-12-2003, 09:07 AM
The /res docking work on the compile line but you get the stream error and it's still on that line so I'm going to add the Bitmap code in to see if that will work.

I made a batch file for this too.

MQSEQ2
12-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Add AssemblyInfo.cs to the list.

MQSEQ2
12-12-2003, 09:22 AM
I have it almost completed, now all I need to do is the Bitmap for the about box and it should be completed.

MQSEQ2
12-12-2003, 09:29 AM
I have made it work successfully with 1.15.14 (which I should be releashing today). I will suppy the batch file as well.

CybMax
12-12-2003, 09:34 AM
Just realized what i changed on the source..

in frmMain.cs

img = ResourceHelper.LoadBitmapStrip(this.GetType(), "myseq.Docking.bmp", new Size(16,16), new Point(0,0));

to

img = ResourceHelper.LoadBitmapStrip(this.GetType(), "Docking.bmp", new Size(16,16), new Point(0,0));

Ie. remove the "myseq." that is in front of the bmp name. The program then shows the correct bmp and no errors. (at least it seems like that.. hehe)

CybMax
12-12-2003, 09:40 AM
csc /out:myseq.exe /target:winexe /res:Docking.bmp /o+ /r:Speechlib.dll,folderbrowser.dll,Magiclibrary.dll /win32icon:app.ico Aboutdlg.cs frmMain.cs frmOptions.cs ListViewPanel.cs Structures.cs UtilSocket.cs Assemblyinfo.cs MapCon.cs MapPane.cs

With the above mentioned "mod" to the frmMain.cs removing myseq. in front of Docking.bmp does the trick.

And with the "forgot to add" assemblyInfo.cs, it now also show the correct version.

Looking forward to giving the 1.15.14 code a try :)

MQSEQ2
12-12-2003, 09:42 AM
That sounds cool, now move to the Devil in the About Box and see what you think you can do there.

CybMax
12-12-2003, 09:49 AM
this.picLogo.Image = ((System.Drawing.Image)(resources.GetObject("picLogo.Image")));
this.picLogo.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(120, 8);
this.picLogo.Name = "picLogo";
this.picLogo.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(96, 80);
this.picLogo.TabIndex = 6;
this.picLogo.TabStop = false;

Hmm.. the "piclogo.image" is from where? Inside one of the .dll files? This is your avatar picture right? sumtin you made yourself, or is it some public thing?

MQSEQ2
12-12-2003, 09:57 AM
I made it and will release it in the next release. You can right click on it here in the forums to save a copy in the meantime tho.

Right now I'm using the Bitmap code above and it's working fine so we can leave it like that for now.

CybMax
12-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Yeah.. i found the image was embedded in AboutDlg.resx .. Tried to /resource this in the compile, but did nothing really.. Will fiddle around with it a bit more tho.. (Unless it can be done in the same way you do the other .bmp file)

MQSEQ2
12-12-2003, 10:07 AM
I used the Bitmap routine on the Devil.Gif and is working great. Batch file is up to date and compiling and launching MySEQ with no problems.

Compile.Bat
===========
@echo off
@echo Compiling MySEQ
@csc /nologo /out:myseq.exe /target:winexe /res:docking.bmp,devil.gif /r:Speechlib.dll,folderbrowser.dll,Magiclibrary.dll /win32icon:app.ico Aboutdlg.cs frmMain.cs frmOptions.cs ListViewPanel.cs Structures.cs UtilSocket.cs MapCon.cs MapPane.cs MacroQuestPanel.cs AssemblyInfo.cs
@echo Completed.
@echo Launching MySEQ
@myseq

Now what I'm thinking is replacing the myseq.exe with %1 so when you execute it, it would look like this Compile MySEQ or Compile Norton and it would use that to give the .Exe whatever name you wanted to use.

CybMax
12-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Kewl :) Will compile the 1.15.14 code when its out, and give that a go..

Since i am running myseq.exe on a second computer, it does not really matter what i name it, cos processes across my internal network on other computers, is definately NOT sumtin SOE would have problems doing..

But.. i rename the myseqserver.exe tho :)

MQSEQ2
12-12-2003, 10:33 AM
This is the working batch file:

Compile.bat
=========

@echo off
if "%1"=="" goto Error
echo Compiling %1
csc /nologo /out:%1.exe /target:winexe /res:docking.bmp,devil.gif /r:Speechlib.dll,folderbrowser.dll,Magiclibrary.dll /win32icon:app.ico Aboutdlg.cs frmMain.cs frmOptions.cs ListViewPanel.cs Structures.cs UtilSocket.cs MapCon.cs MapPane.cs MacroQuestPanel.cs AssemblyInfo.cs
echo Completed.
echo Launching %1
%1
Goto Done
:Error
echo.
echo Usage: %0 {filenmae}
echo filename - This is the name of the .Exe you want to use. No spaces allowed.
It can be anything you want!
echo.
echo Example: %0 MySEQ
echo.
echo.
:Done

It works great. I will also create one for the Server 2.0 when I get it done too.

I think everyone should rename the Server since that sits on the EQ machine. Renaming the client is only needed if they run the Client on the EQ machine.

SyberWired
12-23-2003, 09:14 AM
what if everyone renamed it to "SOEnotallowed.exe"? Would SOE get the hint?

MQSEQ2
12-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Mine is ScrewEQ.Exe

xeerex
12-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Mine is ScrewEQ.Exe

Mine is something very very similar in meaning only not as nice... ;)

MQSEQ2
12-26-2003, 01:44 PM
hehe, hmmm starts with F and sounds like duck?

xeerex
12-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Quack....Quack... :D

MQSEQ2
12-26-2003, 02:30 PM
hehe