PDA

View Full Version : Filter question about [R] rares

axo959
12-11-2003, 02:54 PM
I recently installed myseq for the first time and I'm liking it a lot. I had a question about rares in the filter file. I am running server 1.11 and client 1.15.13 on WinXP SP1. I'm actually running on two boxes atm. So I'm getting all the way into world on one box, goto windowed mode, start server, alt tab back to eq. Then start client on another box and hit go, works everytime.

For the first 2-3 zones, I get the system board speaker beep(s) and rares are at the top of the mob list in bold with a [R] next to their name. Then like after the 3-4 zone, I'll zone in and mobs that I know are rares in the filter file are not bolded, dont have [R] by their name, and the rare field is false. (ie hunter and forager in TT, i double checked TT file, they are both rares)

If I stop and hit go on the client it does not fix it, but if I close the client and restart the client it works fine again. Et viola, both forager and hunter are at top of list in bold with [R] and rare field is true.

I got the filter from a post here, it was an adaptation of blue adept filter i believe. I havent really done anything to the client yet, but turn off elementals/horses and pointed all the path locations to where I put the clients files.

I tried a search and got some pretty lengthy threads. I went through as much as I could, seems like filter is a buzz word and pulls up a lot of threads.

Thanks for any help..great app btw,
Chris

MQSEQ2
12-11-2003, 03:45 PM
When that happens try hitting F6 to manually reload the Alersts.

Hit F7 to have the Zone Alert file come up and then see if it's a .txt or a .conf file.

I believe we have resolved all the issues but a new one could have popped up that we don't know about.

axo959
12-11-2003, 04:52 PM
I downloaded the filter files you suggested in the 'Alarm problems for a newbie' thread from the following website.

http://www.pretorianselite.com/filters.zip

They are text files.

I was trying to hit F2 to refresh spawn list. I'll give F6 a try tonite. Its not really a big deal to close and restart the app, but if F6 works, that'll be great.

Also, if I hit F8, or toggle the checkmark or close the spawn list window, I cant get it back open because I get an unhandled exception. Details, continue or quit are only buttons that are options. I can post the details later tonite after I get home. I just 're-installed' the client and havent toggled it off since.

Thanks,
Chris

MQSEQ2
12-11-2003, 08:57 PM
F8 is currently broke (it's fixed in 1.15.14 being release in the next couple of days).