PDA

View Full Version : grey0 -> gray

KaL
12-14-2003, 05:06 PM
Many of the newer maps that you can get from EQ-Toolbox, etc. have "grey0" as a line color, and you know what? ShowEQ JUST CAN'T HANDLE IT!

Well, technically, ShowEQ's background is by default, black.

And ShowEQ, by default, interprets grey0 as black.

Run this very simple Perl script in the directory where your .map's are, and all shall be well.

#!/usr/bin/perl

foreach $file (<*.map>) {

open MAPFILE, $file;
open TMPFILE, ">$file.tmp";

while (<MAPFILE>) {
$_ =~ s/grey0/gray/;
print TMPFILE $_;
}

close (MAPFILE);
close (TMPFILE);
unlink ($file);
rename ("$file.tmp", $file);

print "Fixed $file.\n";
}

Mapfiend
12-24-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by KaL
[B]Many of the newer maps that you can get from EQ-Toolbox, etc. have "grey0" as a line color, and you know what? ShowEQ JUST CAN'T HANDLE IT!

Sorry about that, many of the maps uploaded on mapfiend.eq-toolbox.com are made (or modified) by regular EQ players, not SEQ users. I forgot that SEQ uses a black background, and when SOE maps are uploaded, the converter does it's thing verbatim, and converts black lines on the SOE map to black lines on the SEQ map.

I have been "out of the loop" for the past few weeks (Holidays, divorce, making a complete drunken ASS out of myself at the company X-Mas party in Michigan, etc), but I'll change the conversion script to "fix" the black lines on the SEQ maps.

*edit* Also, you may want to add gray1 through about gray100 to your script, since most linux distros that I have dealt with have rgb.txt files that contain gray0 - gray255, and anything lower than about 100 is going to be hard to see on a black background. Most people probably don't even use these, but just in case :)

KaL
12-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Mapfiend,

Cool, will be nice to see the maps on EQ-Toolbox fixed at the source instead of us having to reconvert :)

What part of Michigan? I was born in Detroit and lived in Romulus and did a lot of running around in the Downriver area, until a couple years ago when I moved to the East coast.

KaL

Mapfiend
12-30-2003, 07:50 PM
Spent 3 days in Kalamazoo. Fun town.