PDA

View Full Version : Dsl

Doh
02-01-2002, 09:40 AM
I'm a dark shade of green when it comes to unix. I followed the guide here to install showeq on redhat 7.2. Install went fine, showeq launches. However everything is blank, I set the IP to the ip of my EQ machine... nuttin.

Browsed the boards here and found a thread for someone w/ a similiar sitution. However that thread told the individual to check for the answer in the boards on HQ. I can't seem to get to HQ or the HQ forums for the last 12 hours or so.

Here is my situation- I have a DSL modem/router (cisco 675) plugged into my hub. My EQ machine and ShowEQ machine are both connected to the hub. Again I can launch ShowEQ but no data populates any of the windows. I let showeq auto detect for a client and I set the IP, same result either way. If anyone has some advise, I could use it. My apologies for my n00bness.

-Doh!

high_jeeves
02-01-2002, 09:54 AM
What type of "hub" is it?

As stated in 3/4 of the posts in this forum, if the "hub" is really a switch (all recent linksys hubs are) then this will not work. Also, make sure that both machines are on the same band (10MBit or 100MBit).... there are plenty (over 20) threads on this subject, please do use the search feature before you post.

-Jeeves

Doh
02-01-2002, 10:21 AM
Hey sorry - I did search, for quite awhile. It just didnt occur to me that the hub was actually a switch (I only paid 19 bucks for it, I thought nah). But I dug up the manual - its a "Switch Hub" so, I'm a jackass. Gonna hook the old 10base up and see if that resolves it.

Thanks,
Doh