PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ 1.15.14

MQSEQ2
12-16-2003, 08:33 AM
MySEQ 1.15.14 is now available at http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ

If are upgrading for the first time to the 1.15.x series you MUST download the SupportFiles.zip and place the 3 DLLs in the directory with the executable.

Features Added:
============
MacroQuest Console - Add the MQ Console to MySEQ. This is nothing more than a Telnet session that can connect to MQ. This did not install MacroQuest on your system. If you do not wish to use the MQConsole you can close the MQConsole. If you sre going to use MQ be carefull with what you do in game with it. You will get banned if you abuse the systems and get caught.

Compile.Bat - I have created a batch file that will make it very easy to compile your own executeable. To compile the .exe just type the following at a DOS prompt:

Compile {Program Name}

I allow you to supply a Program name, so if you don't want to use MySEQ you can compile it with something else. You must supply a name tho.

Bug Fixes:
========
Toggle Spawn List (F8) - This is now working.

MQConsole Configuration:
===================
[MQConsole]
EQClientIni="C:\Program Files\EverQuest\EQClient.Ini"

[Login]
Server={Put your MQ Server IP Address here}
Password=={Put your MQ Server Password here}
Port=={Put your MQ Server Port here}

[Macros]
Count=2
Macro1=Forage,/macro forage
Macro2=Fishing,/macro fishing

In the next version I will have a interface for all of this. The EQClientIni is used to read the color settings you have set inside EQ. We try to use the EQ colors to colorize the MQConsole text.
The Macro is commands are set by Name,Command. For Example if you wanted to add another Macro you would need to do the following:

[Macros]
Count=3
Macro1=Forage,/macro forage
Macro2=Fishing,/macro fishing
Macro3=Trade Skill,/macro ts "brew barrell" something1 something 2 something3

This will be the final version of the 1.x series of MySEQ. Starting today I'm going to be working on the 2.x series of the Client/Server. Once I get everything converted in the Client I will release it, hopefully within this next week. All new feature requesteed will be added to the 2.x series.

CybMax
12-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Thankies!! Compile worked smooth with no mishaps :)

Will give it a testing, and report if i find some strangeness.. Keep up the good work!!

Hopefully things will be solvable after the next patch 18th tho..

MQSEQ2
12-16-2003, 01:27 PM
If SourceForge.Net can stay up and running, we will be able to get the new offsets in under 2 hrs once the servers come back up and running.

Cordan
12-16-2003, 01:55 PM
This new client takes about 3x times of the cpu usage of the old 13 client.

on my AMD 1200 Duron i was at about 30% cpu usage, now with this release im at 96%.

Using Windows XP

tenable
12-16-2003, 02:06 PM
i must have missed something important, i cant get the telnet to work =\

MQSEQ2
12-16-2003, 02:07 PM
What do you have the refresh rate set too? The lower the number the higher the CPU utilization.

MQSEQ2
12-16-2003, 02:09 PM
For the MQ Console? or the Client to Server?

If it's the the MQConsole then post the tope sections of the MQConsole.Ini in the CFG directory.

tenable
12-16-2003, 02:12 PM
i mean the macroquest side of it, never used the telnet before

MQSEQ2
12-16-2003, 02:37 PM
You have to turn on the Telnet Server on inside MQ. Which version of MQ are you using?

tenable
12-16-2003, 02:49 PM
newest version, but i dont understand what the username/pass should be, the ini file says

Welcome=Successful login. Welcome to my undergroud lair.
LoginPrompt=login:
PasswordPrompt=password:

[Users]
;username=password

kinda confusing

MQSEQ2
12-16-2003, 03:18 PM
The following is used as prompts:

Welcome=Successful login. Welcome to my undergroud lair.
LoginPrompt=login:
PasswordPrompt=password:

The following is used as the Login and Password information:
[Users]
;username=password

So you should do something like this:

[Users]
;username=password
myuser=mypassword

Make sure there isn't any blank lines under the last line of text. I've heard this might cause problems.

tenable
12-16-2003, 03:34 PM
alright, i feel stupid now, but! it still doesnt connect in myseq because it requires a username and you only supply a password?

Cordan
12-16-2003, 03:48 PM
Using 250 on the refresh, same as on the .13 version ;) but stil lags the shit out of the system.

deda
12-16-2003, 11:19 PM
mqconsole doesnt work for me with MQ2telnet plugin.
all i get is "login:" , when i try to enter username nothing happens.
when i use putty (small telnet client) it works without problems.

MQSEQ2
12-16-2003, 11:31 PM
When I run 1.15.14 I get 13% CPU usage for the MySEQ.Exe.

I reuploaded the 1.15.14 Client, this should resolve the MQ2 issue with the MQConsole.

You will need to adjust the followings:

MQ1 Users:
========
[Login]
;MQType=MQ1/MQ2
MQType=MQ1
Server={Your MQ2 IP Address}
LoginName={Leave Blank, not used in MQ1}
Password={Your MQ1 password}
Port={Your MQ1 Port}

MQ2 Users:
========
[Login]
;MQType=MQ1/MQ2
MQType=MQ2
Server={Your MQ2 IP Address}
LoginName={Your MQ2 login name}
Password={Your MQ2 password}
Port={Your MQ2 Port}

I'm working with Showme1 in resolving the issue (since I don't use MQ2 yet). If it's doesn't work for you the turn on logging and email me the erro logs. I still use MQ1 and why upgrade if it ain't broke :).

MQSEQ2
12-17-2003, 08:34 PM
I just posted a new 1.15.14 tonight. If you are running MQ2 then you will need to download the latest version.

For MQ2 users you will have to manually login and then once connected you are ready to go. I'm looking into what needs to be done for the auto login to work. MQ2 Telnet was a total rewrite of the Telnet code and some changes on connection was made.

Cordan
12-18-2003, 03:35 AM
After playing around with the "first" .14 release i give up and tryed your new .14 release.

That solved the problem with the CPU usage. Its now back to normal 19% =)

MQSEQ2
12-18-2003, 07:00 AM
Cool, don't know why that would be becuase the only thing that was modified was MQConsole stuff and it was very minor changes. The only thing I could think of is the original .14 was compiled in debug mode vs. release mode. I could see that causing some difference in CPU utilization, but I try to always post release versions.

MacQ
12-18-2003, 03:49 PM
MYSEQ2, when you compile a new binary, regardless of something like compileing it in debug mode or not, could you always increment the version number.

For those of us who closely follow version numbers as an indication of software evolution, we might miss an important thread where you say, for example, you posted a new version of 1.15.14 but the version number is the same as the previous.

Maybe in this case, you could tag an 'a' at the end like 1.15.14a. Just something to help keep track and hopefully prevent some possible confusion. As always, thank you for your hard work.

MQSEQ2
12-18-2003, 04:04 PM
I was going to but I had other posts stating 1.15.14 was the last version of the 1.x series of Client/Server programs. Since not alot of folks use MQ and had not had a chance to download it I try to pull the wool over folks eyes but got caught hehe.

I normally change the version because it's how I post them for downloads and not changing the versions is why we had alot of issues with Server 1.9b since there was multiple version out there.

MacQ
12-18-2003, 04:53 PM
Yep I hear ya MYSEQ2, when you said 1.15.14 was going to be the last version it might have "boxed" you in a little bit. I have a suggestion on version numbers going forward.

I think you should continue to use the three number version format xx.xx.xx, but maybe use the following as a guideline. The first number is reserved for major upgrades, the second number is reserved for minor upgrades and the third number is reserved bug fixes.

For me, an upgrade is the addition of any new features, functionality, UI change, setup change, etc. One of the guidelines I use for the projects I work on is that if it the programming change caused a change to the user manual (I know MySEQ doesn’t have a user manual per say but I think you get my meaning), it’s most likely an upgrade. Basically, if anything additional is added to the program, including a UI change, no matter how big or small then it's an "upgrade". The next trick is to decide if it's a major upgrade or minor upgrade, but I know you have a good feel which category to use.

The concept of a bug fix, however, might be a little more detailed. To me a bug fix is a repair to correct a problem so the program operates as planned. I even lump performance increases do to code optimization into the bug fix category because the only change to the planned operation is that the program runs faster. So in the example of recompiling MySEQ to ensure the previous binary was not compiled in debug mode, under the plan I follow, that would fall into the bug fix category too.

Under this plan, when you came out with the new features for MQ, the version number would have gone to 1.16.0. When you compiled a new binary to look into the performance issue, the version would have gone to 1.16.1. Under this scenario, you can say to everyone, version 1.16 is the last version I will release, but at your discretion, you could continue to release 1.16.1, 1.16.2, etc. all part of the 1.16 series since the last number is only for bug fixes and I think what many people mean when they say the xx.xx version is the last version, they usually mean no new features will be added unless they specifically say 1.16.0 is the very last version and there will also be no new bug fixes.

Well, sorry to go on for so long, I have some experience in managing large commercial software development projects and wanted to share some of the guidelines we use for our own products. Maybe this will help the MySEQ project. Thanks again for your support.

MQSEQ2
12-18-2003, 05:53 PM
I just wished I could get rid of the fourth set of number I guess it's time to rip and strip the version string apart.

I will be starting out with 2.0.0 and can do V,R,B.

Blind Aviator
12-19-2003, 03:26 AM
Have a slight bug I found (I think)...

I had to hose my main EQ machine and do a total re-install of the OS and all software (core OS files were corrupting data transferred over network or IDE bus)... Server was on that machine while client is on a separate system...

Before the re-install the client was working normal (client on another machine).... After re-install of OS and MySEQ Server (client wasn't touched in any way) when I target something in game the client changes the "self target" to the targeted PC or NPC (Auto select EQ target changes nothing).... The "self" square and circle change to the targeted PC or NPC...

I was using version 1.15.13 client and when that started I switched to the 1.15.14 and it still does the same thing... The server is latest 1.11 and hasn't been changed other than the copy to backup machine for re-loading OS and then copying back...

Both machines are running Windoze XP Pro...

Any ideas Mr Wizard?? ;-P

BA

--- EDIT ---

Have tried everything I can think of to stop the "self" target switch.... Is making things impossible with not being able to tell what is going on when the client switches focus to the targeted PC or NPC

Blind Aviator
12-19-2003, 09:19 AM
Shameful bump.... ;-P

MQSEQ2
12-19-2003, 09:25 AM
Shame on you hehe, there is a problem with the Target Ring after yesterday's patch. We are working on getting the new Character Structure mapped out, once this id done it will probably resolve our Target Ring issue.

Blind Aviator
12-19-2003, 08:05 PM
Ah ok will be quiet and patient then until y'all are done...

Cheers

BA

Resiliant
12-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Downloaded 1.15.14 this morning (12/20). When trying to connect to 1.11 server I'm getting the message 'Cannot connect to server -- server actively refused connection'

Any ideas? .. btw.. 1.15.12 works like a champ.

MQSEQ2
12-20-2003, 11:55 AM
Read the Help area and did you overwrite the Ini files?

xeerex
12-20-2003, 03:56 PM
'Cannot connect to server -- server actively refused connection'

You need to set the IP address in the new client to find the server if you are running them on separate machines. If you are running them on the same machine, make sure the client is set to 127.0.0.1 for the IP address.

MQSEQ2
12-20-2003, 10:44 PM
I don't know if 127.0.0.1 works (never tested it tho), I always use it's true IP address.

Resiliant
12-21-2003, 12:21 AM
Yea.. Resetting the Server IP was the first thing I did. It has the correct IP address. ;)

R

Blind Aviator
12-21-2003, 12:54 AM
It does the same thing to me everytime I update versions...

Try selecting Options > Server Selection > then select your server IP.... Yes it shows to already be selected but for some reason it doesn't pickup the servers IP in the Options until you select it in the server selection area...

BA

MQSEQ2
12-21-2003, 11:01 AM
I will check that, When I launch the Client I can click GO and it will start with out me selecting it under Options. I will check out the code to see what can be happening.

xeerex
12-21-2003, 11:01 AM
I don't know if 127.0.0.1 works (never tested it tho), I always use it's true IP address.

Thats the default IP address in the Client. ;)

127.0.0.1 is the same as localhost and is a loopback address.