PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts...

cyankee
12-29-2003, 10:50 PM
After having used this software since just before Christmas, I really shouldn't have anything to say about MYSEQ. First I am really getting spoiled by the software. It has mad working CS easier and safer for me. It great to know when a creature will spawn and where.

But, here is something I would like to see.

A way to list the mobs by color. I know if you sort it by level you get it by colors. I am liking to see something that allows you to pick the order of the colors. Maybe you want to see all the blues on top, followed by the light Blues. then maybe the yellow, then the Reds, and finally the Greens, with players at the bottom of the entire list.

Or, maybe you want the players at the top of the list, then maybe the greens and the rest whatever way you want.

Or maybe you want them sorted by distance?

Ya, I know, it sounds like a lot of code to write. I am not saying this is a "deal breaker". It is just a thought, that is all.

Also, is there a way to edit the map? Or mark points of interest?
(Ya, I know, ingame map!)

Well, enough of my random thoughts....

MQSEQ2
12-30-2003, 06:47 AM
What you want is a way to weight the data so it can be sorted via the weight. Even tho it's easy sounding to do it's harder to implement without rewritting major chunks of the code. The data that we get from the Server is given in a random order and you can only sort by a single column. And with weighted system you usally would use a database and query the data via the sorting columns. In MySEQ you would need to sort by atleast 2 columns, ie. Weight Columns and Name for example, that would allow you to sort however you wanted.

You can sort by distance by clicking the header for distance.

As for a map editor we don't we don't do it. It would be cool to have a map editor capability but we don't at this time.

Undertaker
12-30-2003, 08:06 PM
Easy way to edit your maps.....

Edit them in-game and save them....then copy the saved map to your MySEQ map directory. Easy and simple.