PDA

View Full Version : How to Install MySEQ for Dummies

NovaUSC
12-30-2003, 03:17 PM
How to Install MySEQ or There and Back Again,……..for Newbs

First thing you need to do is install the .Net service from Microsoft updates. This needs to be on the PC runnign EQ. Just go to Windows Update on your PC(either in the start menu or start menu then programs depending on your OS). Just let windows update download and install it.

Next, you have to download the program. The program comes in two pieces, the client and the server. you must download both pieces for it to work.

It’s simpler to install the pre-made self installers so that is what we will cover. This Process also assumes you are running two PC’s running Windows and Broadband internet with a router. On the PC running Everquest, go here http://www.rexpage.com/MySEQ/default.asp?Action=Current and download the SERVER. Currently version 1.11 is the latest. Save it to the desktop.

Next, On the PC you wish to run MySEQ on, go to the same website http://www.rexpage.com/MySEQ/default.asp?Action=Current and download the Client Installation Package. Versions are constantly being updated so there is no telling what version you will find. At the time of this article it is 1.15.17. Save it to the desktop.

Now, on the PC running Everquest, click START and then click RUN. In the whitespace type: command and click OK. A DOS screen will appear. At the DOS Prompt type: IPCONFIG some info will be displayed about your IP Address. Right down the number for your IP Address. Next, extract the Server file to wherever. I usually just use my desktop. Once extracted go to wherever you extracted to and right click on myseqserverc.exe and choose rename. You can rename it whatever you want. I usually name mine after well known resident memory viruses. (You can call me paranoid if ya want but I prefer to play it safe) The purpose of renaming is so that if Sony is doing any snooping, which is unlikely, the server will at least not stand out as a third party program. Once you have renamed it, it should be something like heyimavirus.exe. Go ahead and double click it. You should see a DOS box appear with
Version X.XX
Waiting for new connection…

Now run Everquest and log into the world with one of your characters.

Next, go to the PC that will run MySEQ. Extract the file you downloaded to wherever you want. Again I just use my desktop. Go to the location you extracted it to and double click SETUP.EXE. When it is finished you will see an icon on your desktop for the MySEQ version you are running. Ex: if you downloaded 1.15.17 then the icon will look like an igloo and say MySEQ v1.15.17. Double click this icon. When MySEQ Opens you will get some messages about map directories. Just say OK. Once it is open press the F1 key. The OPTIONS menu will pop up. At the very top you will see:

Server
IP Adress 1: (Ctrl + 1) 127.0.0.1

Change the 127.0.0.1 to the IP Address you wrote down earlier. So if your IP is 192.168.1.100 then replace 127.0.0.1 with 192.168.1.100 and click OK at the bottom. Next, click on OPTIONS at the top. A menu will drop down. The third item on the menu is SERVER SELECTION. Put the mouse pointer over SERVER SELECTION and another menu will pop out showing the IP Address you just put in. Click on this IP Address. Depending on what version of the client you are using, the Client may activate now. If it does not activate now simply click the GO button at the bottom. The mob list and the map should now begin filling out on the screen. Congratulations! You have just installed, Setup, and Ran MySEQ.

If you still get nothing after following this walk through then the first thing you need to check is your offsets. On the PC Running Everquest, Press ALT + ENTER to run Everquest in a window. Then press ALT + SHIFT + R to move the mouse focus from EQ to your Desktop. Click on the Server program for Myseq(remember you renamed it earlier). Does it say it is detecting an incoming connection? (IE: Client detected at 192.168.1.X) If no then you have other problems which will need to be answered on a case by case basis. If you do see a response from the client then the problem is most likely the offsets. Close the Server. Go to http://www.showeq.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=63 and look down the list for a post near the top that says MYSEQ Offset List. Look on this post for the latest set of offsets(they will be ordered by date). Now, open the folder you extracted the myseqserver to. You will see a file called myseqserver.ini. Double click it and it will open in notepad. Once it is open compare the values in your .ini file with the updates on the forum page. Change the ones that have been updated. Close the forums page. Run the server again. Now go back to the PC running MySEQ. Click GO. If the Offsets where the problem then it should now be working. If not, your problems will need to be determined on a case by case basis. Thus concludes the lesson. Hope you enjoyed the ride.

MQSEQ2
12-30-2003, 03:49 PM
Nice job NovaUSC

ace0r1
01-03-2004, 07:04 PM
You seem to have forgotten to tell them which machine to install the .NET framework on. Unless, of course, you mean to tell me it's not needed anymore. =)

NovaUSC
01-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Added it in, it should be complete now. Thanks

MQSEQ2
01-04-2004, 01:14 AM
Once Client/Server 2.x comes out you will need it on all machines running the Client and the Server since the Server is being redone in C#.

NovaUSC
01-04-2004, 12:20 PM
I haven't messed with the 2.0 yet, I was waiting for the final release of it to start messing with it. However, if it will be installed and setup just like the beta you have posted then I will make an install Howto for it as well.

Megamidget65
01-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Is there anyway i can do this with 1 comp??

NovaUSC
01-12-2004, 09:52 PM
sure just follow the same steps but leave out the part about putting in your PC's IP address. The 127 number will work fine on the same PC.

Zayle Darkshot
01-15-2004, 12:40 AM
so if your not runing 2 comps this is not able to work?

NovaUSC
01-15-2004, 06:54 AM
It will work on one PC. If you are running MySEQ on the same PC that you play EQ on simply remove the procedure for finding and entering your IP address. The 127.0.0.1 is a loop back address. If it is left in their the MySEQ will automatically look on the PC it's running on for the server. You still have to install the client and server, you just install them on the same PC.

xeerex
01-15-2004, 02:19 PM
Nice job Nova... ;)

Lorddaeth
01-30-2004, 02:32 AM
i've done a search for EQW and found nothing relevant.

can i run myseq with eqw? i prefer it over sony's craptastic version.

nm, it started working as soon as i went and tried again. woot.

intangiblefate
05-12-2004, 09:31 AM
so i need 2 comps to do this?

xeerex
05-12-2004, 11:01 AM
First thing you need to do is go to the Official MySEQ forum since this one is not under active development.

www.myseq.net (or directly at www.rexpage.com/myseq/forum if you want to skip the flash intro which is cool to watch)

Vexi
05-03-2005, 01:11 AM
well i cant get to the download for myseq 2.0+ because that forum sucks and keeps logging me out every single time i click a link..

what can i do about it ?