PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Timer problem

JohnW
12-31-2003, 02:01 PM
I read thru the issues others were having with spawn timers and can't get mine to work. I'm using client 1.15.16 and server version 1.19b with the latest offsets. I run the client on a separate computer. The timers don't seem to work.

I'll go to a fixed spawn, kill mob and wait for respawn, kill again. Nothing is put up in the spawn timer list. In another thread it seemed like I needed to be further away, so I killed, went across the zone and went back and killed again. Still nothing in the list and no notification.

I've also noticed that in order to get the alerts to work I have to stop and restart if I go to another zone. I'll get the flashing circles, but I won't get the alert wav unless I restart the client. Once I do that, the alerts work fine, and even work if something isn't up but spawns while I'm in the zone.

MQSEQ2
12-31-2003, 02:20 PM
You misread the Spawn Timer info.

The Spawn Timer List is not currently working. The Spawn Timers work fine, you have to turn them on (Options -> Map Settings -> Show Spawn Points). After you do a complete cycle they will appear.

Spawns further than 1000 feet away may not update the Spawn Timers, due to Sony's attempt to reduce traffic, but it will still collect everything it can zone wide.

Use Client 1.15.17 to fix the Auto load Alerts (1.15.16 didn't fix it). As for the .wav file make sure you put it in the same directory as the MySEQ.Exe and in the .Wav filename just put the name of the file (no extentsion, what what I read). Also make sure your .wav is a working .wav file.

You can always hit F2 to force a reload of the Zone Alerts.

Also upgrade the Server to 1.11 due to multiple releases of 1.19b and you could have the wrong version.