PDA

View Full Version : Safety?

Bigplayer101
01-02-2004, 08:28 PM
With the advent of all the bannings going on, how safe is myseq? I know it partially depends on how you use or abuse it, but at the moment, i'm doing neither. If I set myseq up correctly, is there a possibility of SOE detecting it?

Thanks

Blind Aviator
01-02-2004, 11:16 PM
There is always the possibility of SOE detecting the server since it must run on the EQ machine....
But to do that they first have to have a reason to actively look for it in memory on your machine... Don't give them a reason to look and you will be fine...

I have been running MySEQ since Cavemanbob first released it and I have never given them a reason to look twice at me...

Use it smart and you will be fine..

BA

MQSEQ2
01-02-2004, 11:22 PM
I use in front of GM and have talked about it in channels before bottom line yes you can get banned (even tho the EULA doesn't directly address MySEQ type programs) and as BA stated don't give them a reason. Once you have used it for awhile you will be able to tell when others are using it, you learn to watch for things.

Bigplayer101
01-03-2004, 03:25 AM
Okay thanks, i'll be careful. Thanks for the advice!

Undertaker
01-03-2004, 08:57 PM
You mean notice things like having a level 6 character on Discord see you and kill you while you're invis'd....and you know for a fact that there is no way in hell they have see invis.

My stupidity for not not taking advantage of the fact that I saw him first, but decided to play nice. That'll teach me. :P

MQSEQ2
01-04-2004, 01:15 AM
hehe guess that's why I don't play PvP

Dedpoet
01-05-2004, 07:42 AM
Funny. The *first* thing I thought of when I read the announcement about this server and its ruleset was ShowEQ. It occurred to me that the safest way to play on Discord would be to level on non-peak hours in vacant zones. ShowEQ would completely trivialize any type of free-for-all PvP, particularly the type of ruleset on Discord. I'm not a PvP player, it's not why I play EQ, but as a ShowEQ user I knew better than to even try Discord.