PDA

View Full Version : Source Code for MSEQ

bigred
01-05-2004, 10:13 PM
You might have already answered this, if you have, please post the thread. I am interested in aiding the development team with additions to the Windows version of MySeQ. I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. Would it be possible to post the source code for the client and the server?

Thanks

Blind Aviator
01-06-2004, 01:31 AM
http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ/

I believe the source is included with the EXE download

BA

JustAnotherUser
01-06-2004, 03:29 AM
The code is written in C#, you wont have much fun with VS 6.0 C++.

MQSEQ2
01-06-2004, 07:58 AM
If you want to learn C# then get a good book and look at the code to figure out what's going on (that's what I did 4 months ago). Then if you want to compile your C# program just use the command line compiler. You can use any Text Based Editor to write/edit the source code.

bigred
01-08-2004, 08:30 AM
I tried it with the MS VC++ 6.0 and it does not work very well. I will be getting C#.NET.

How good is the Microsoft® Visual C#® .NET 2003 Standard Edition in editting the program? What program do you use?

MQSEQ2
01-08-2004, 09:11 AM
I use the Professional version but Standard should work fine.

The Mad Poet
01-12-2004, 10:40 PM
If you want to learn C# and not spend money - borland offers the builder c# edition (personal) for free.

It doesn't include a bunch of components for database work - but for learning the language and looking at (and compling) this program it works fine.

The Mad Poet
01-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Sorry for the double post - but is there any part of the proggy at the moment you *want* help with?

It would be nice to see a list of dev 'wish list' items so those of us that are looking to help could focus on sections of the code you don't have time to mess with atm.

bigred
01-13-2004, 06:53 AM
Mad Poet,

Thanks for the info on the Borland C# Builder. I will definately look into it. Would you happen to have a website to getting it? I love free things.

I have Microsoft Visual C#.NET Deluxe Learning Edition. This comes with the Standard Version of the software. Would you believe that I had to call Microsoft to get a replacement copy of the software that was supposed to be included with the Learning Edition. I should have it this week.

Is there a downloadable version of the freeware Borland C# Builder?

Thanks again,

Red

The Mad Poet
01-13-2004, 07:20 PM
www.borland.com

follow the links to download - it's c# builder personal edition

ciao!