PDA

View Full Version : Filtering

kae9
01-08-2004, 09:44 AM
i've been playing with filters for quite some time now, and this is a reoccuring issue. I will state up front it is most likely something i'm doing incorrectly, but after spending a considerable amount of time looking around, I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

I routinely spot names that I wish to filter. I typically use the Hunt filter to do this, by right clicking on a name in the spawn list, and choosing filter, hunt. I then save Filters and Save zone filters.

For awhile, this will work, but every once in awhile, I'll return to that same zone, and, there will be the name, without the hunt indicator. This used to happen with the old version, and continues to haunt me in 5.0.0.3.

Thoughts?

Cryonic
01-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Your filter might be too specific from when you created it. There is a lot of information contained in the spawn line and by default doing the right-click -> add to hunt group adds all of it the pertains to that specific version of the named.

Name:<Name>:Race:<Race>:Class:<Class>:NPC:<NPC Value>:X:<X>:Y:<Y>:Z:<Z>:Light:<Light>:Deity:<Deity Name>:RTeam:<RTeam>:DTeam:<DTeam>:Type:<Type>:[GM:]

That is almost the whole spawn line that SEQ filters on (and yes, order is important).

Dedpoet
01-08-2004, 12:01 PM
I think Cryonic is correct. When I add a filtered spawn, I almost always delete everything except the "Name: orc pawn, a" part. If you leave the level, class, body type, light source, etc in there, you may end up far too specific. Next time you go to that zone, if the mob is a different level, your filter won't work.

Try manually editing that zone filter file, either at the OS level or while in the zone from the menu. If you just filter on the spawn name, you'll probably be better off.