PDA

View Full Version : Not opening?

Moreso
01-08-2004, 01:22 PM
I loaded up myseq after installing it and it came up. Then closed it.

Now when I double click it..nothing happens, it don't come up or anything. I tried restarting and it didn't help.

Anyone know what the problem is?

MQSEQ2
01-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Never heard of that issue. Normally if the Client has any issue it will give you an error message.

What version of Client/Server are you using?

How did you install it?

Did you install .Net Framework 1.1?

Have you turned on logging? (To do manually open the prefs.xml file and look for logging and set to 1)

I'm assuming the Client is what crashed on you, right?

Did you check running tasks to see if there was a hung process?

For us to help you you must supply alot more information. The more information you give us the faster we can resolve the issue.

Moreso
01-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Server 1.11

Client 1.15.16

I just simply clicked the exe and it installed it for me. When I reset and click the client it does seem like it's going to open (the computer gets busy for a few seconds) then just does nothing.

I did just download the 1.15.17 client..should I try that?

I instealled the .net framework. Just turned logging on. *I* closed the program after I saw it would open. It did not crash. Now it will not open.

I have checked processess and didn't see it. And I have restarted a couple of times now.

Mixy!
01-08-2004, 01:52 PM
That's really odd. I would install 1.15.17 just for the heck of it. Maybe the .exe got corrupted somehow. Install 1.15.17 and see what happens.

-Mixy!

Moreso
01-08-2004, 02:02 PM
1.15.17 is doing the same thing, I'll double click and will get the hour glass for a little bit and the computer will get busy. Then nothing, no program will come up or anything. I did unistall 1.15.16 before installing 17...if that matters.

Dark
01-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Just an idea here. Are you using win200 or XP if so have a look at the processes running in the task manager to see if its running. If it is kill the process and try again.

I get this with outlook at work sometime. run outlook close out look try to start outlook and it doesnt . Check processes and its running.

May not be the problem worth a go though.

Moreso
01-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Yea I've looked there too. It's not running. :\

MQSEQ2
01-08-2004, 05:24 PM
You stated you set logging to 1 did it generate anything in the log file under the log directory?

I'm assuming you used the self installer, right?

Do you see the CFG directory? If so, what files do you see there?

Moreso
01-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Yea, I used the self installer. I have un-installed and deleted everything thing to do with MySEQ and have re-installed it all. And followed everything step by step and it's still not working. I turned logging on, however there is nothing in the logs folder.

In the cfg folder I have Body Types.txt, Classes.txt, ConLevels.Ini, GroundItems.ini, Lookup.Ini, MQConsole.Ini, Races.txt, VisTypes.txt, and Weapons.txt.

MQSEQ2
01-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Do you have another mahine that you can run the Client on?

What OS?

How much memory?

How big of a Harddrive?

How much Free Disk Space?

What is the % CPU running only EQ?

What is the % CPU running EQ and Server?

What is the % CPU running EQ, Server and Client?

If you can think of anything else post it.

You have stated that you have gotten the Client to run a few times in the past, verify the Logging in Perfs.xml is still set to 1 and if your running 1.15.17 it will create a log file if the Client starts up.

I'm running out of things to think of. I may talk to you about Remoting into your machine if you want me too, but that's after we try everything we can and we would talk in Yahoo/ICQ chat to disscuss everything. I have done that in the past to help fix issues on folks machines.

Moreso
01-09-2004, 12:27 AM
Only one computer. So it's all running on the same comp.

Os = xp
384 mb of ram
1.13 gb out of 38.1 left (don't ask me how the hell that happened)

I do know a good about computers but still a noob on some parts.

I'm going to do a virus scan incase something sneaked in when I disabled it to get the .net package.

I'll PM you later with my yahoo account if that's OK with you...or PM me yours and i'll just add you and msg you when I see you on? Whatever works best for you.

I really do appreciate you trying to help me. Hopefully we can get this working :)

MQSEQ2
01-09-2004, 07:17 AM
My Yahoo/ICQ name is MQSEQ

I'm always on, so just drop me a line.

I need the CPU utilization to see if it's just running out of processor due to EQ.

You can try to install:

http://teqim.sourceforge.net/?p=eqplaynice

This will help reduce the CPU usage on your EQ machine.

Mixy!
01-09-2004, 07:33 AM
MQSEQ2, is that eqplaynice the same thing as the fps limiter in MQ2?

-Mixy!

MQSEQ2
01-09-2004, 07:52 AM
EQPlayNice = EQCPU = FPS Limiter = Very small subset of MacroQuest to limit the Frames Per Second which reduce CPU usage from EQ.

MQSEQ2
01-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Update after working with Moreso via Yahoo chat we was able to resolve the issue. It appears that the installation of Micrsoft .Net Framework 1.1 was corrupted and wouldn't get fixed until we removed it then did a fresh install. Now it's up and working with no problems.

Moreso
01-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Yes! Once again, MQSEQ2, thanks for all the help and effort.