PDA

View Full Version : MSEQTester

JohnW
01-10-2004, 09:28 AM
I wanted to take a look at the new version so I downloaded both the test client and server. I currently run myseq on my main machine, and
the client on a laptop next to me. Everything works fine.

I downloaded the new files and placed them in a test directory. The server files on my main machine, client files on my laptop. The server won't run on my main machine. I get an application error

"The application failed to execute properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminate the application.

I get the same thing if I try to run the client on that machine. However, my laptop runs both just fine. Like I said, I'm running the old version with no trouble, and the setup on the laptop is the same as on my main machine. I even took the entire test folder from my laptop and copied to the desktop to see if that would work with no success.

JohnW
01-10-2004, 09:45 AM
A little more information ... I can start both the client and the server on the laptop, however I can't get the client to connect. I tried both my internal network IP address, and also 127.0.0.1. The local one (127.0.0.1) gives me an error that it was actively refused, the other IP address just doesn't connect.

MQSEQ2
01-10-2004, 11:16 AM
The new 2.x Server was rewritten in C# so make sure you install Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 on all your machines.

Then when using the software use the real IP Address (not the 127.0.0.1) and see if that works.

JohnW
01-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Both machines are running Windows XP with the same version of Microsoft Net framework (version 1.1). Both also run the released version of MySEQ with no trouble.

I did get the laptop to connect to the server, I had mistakenly put the IP address of the desktop in to connect to which was giving me the problem.

JohnW
01-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Bah, I'm an idiot, heh .... I checked just to make sure, and since only the client needed the .net framework I had only installed it on the laptop. Installed on desktop and everything is now running fine.

I do connect to the server now (running server on desktop, client on laptop). I don't get anything filled in though. I get the tabs, but all boxes are blank.

MQSEQ2
01-10-2004, 12:04 PM
I just uploaded the MySEQServer-2.0.0.Zip and MySEQTester-2.0.0.Zip to the site. Download those and give it a try.

Your issues sounds like a Offset issue and the new Zips has everything setup for you.

JohnW
01-10-2004, 10:22 PM
That worked. Must have been offsets. Looks good, can't wait to see more :).