PDA

View Full Version : Info on useage?

widds
01-11-2004, 02:10 PM
I got the 1.9b server, 1.12 client.. following the guides got them working fine server connects, client shows me I guess as a red dot on a blank screen.

Question now... I've looked around the forums and have found 0 documentation on what can actually be done. I tried adding a new alert for a mob that was standing next to me but nothing happened. Manually loaded the map of the zone I'm in but if I move around ingame it doesn't update on the MySEQ program. I'm running both the client and server on same comp as EQ...

Anyone able to point me to the features of the program, or something to get me started?

MQSEQ2
01-11-2004, 02:15 PM
I can point you in the right direction for which Client/Server you should be using since the 1.9b and 1.12 and very outdated and is no longer supported.

Look in the Dev section for the theread MySEQ 1.15.17 it will take yoy to the latest Client/Server. You must install Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 to use the new stuff.

NovaUSC
01-11-2004, 02:41 PM
this is about the 4th post of someone saying they checked around and didn't find anything and yet they were all running server 1.9 and an old client. Can we make a sticky saying IF YOU DON"T HAVE SERVER 1.11 AND CLIENT 1.15.17 THEN DON"T POST A QUESTION ABOUT IT NOT WORKING. Of course, if we did this I doubt it would make much difference but it might help a little.

MQSEQ2
01-11-2004, 04:05 PM
You mean this post that is a sticky under the Help area:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4411

xeerex
01-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Can we make a sticky saying IF YOU DON"T HAVE SERVER 1.11 AND CLIENT 1.15.17 THEN DON"T POST A QUESTION ABOUT IT NOT WORKING. Of course, if we did this I doubt it would make much difference but it might help a little.

Thats too funny! What makes you think they (newbies) would read that one?:rolleyes:

Dedpoet
01-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Welcome to what ShowEQ has been dealing with since its inception! You could make this entire site one giant link to a self-installing EXE that installs the client, server, .NET framework, and dispatches MQSEQ2 directly to the user's house to set up the network and buy them dinner, and people will still post asking where to download the program.

You're in our world now...

MQSEQ2
01-16-2004, 09:29 AM
hehe "Where's the Beef?"

I will need a Leer Jet and a Hummer (not a H2) when I land so I can have transportation to and from the site.

The Hummer must be equipped with Sattelite Internet connection so I can stay in communication with the forum. Everyone must know my status at each location "Where in the World is MQSEQ?"

OK you got me side tracked and now back to programming.