PDA

View Full Version : bleh, server connection problem (different)

Stridder187
01-11-2004, 07:35 PM
checked through the forums for a while but couldnt find a solution to this problem :/ i instlalled client 15.16 and server 1.11 yesterday, went through the instructions everythign worked fine.

Now today it wont open the server, i see the DOS pop up for an instant then disappear, doesnt stay :( tried restarting the comp that didnt help, everytime i try to run the server it just pops up for an instant than disappears.

MQSEQ2
01-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Try redownloading the Server. There is nothing special with the Server 1.11 since it's a console application. When it dies is there anything showing up in the Task Manager?

Try installing the Server 2.0.0 to see if you can get it to run.

You could have some corrupted files somewhere.

NovaUSC
01-11-2004, 11:01 PM
When terminals auto close they do it because the process terminated. Usually when a process terminates you will get atleast some response back as to why it stopped. Because it does this so rapidly you wouldn't see it. If you run the server from a DOS window that is already open you will be able to see if it outputs any information when it ends. The easiest way to do this is to move the server directory to C:\ if you do this, all you need to do is open a DOS prompt and type c:\myseqserver\myseqserver.exe where myseqserver is the name of the directory under C that your server is located in and myseqserver.exe is the name of the executable you click to run the server(I always change mine). This will prvent the window from closing and will allow you to see if the program is returning a response back that may shed some light on the problem.

Stridder187
01-14-2004, 09:27 PM
was a stupidity error on my part, rather than making a shortcut for the server on desktop i took the exe file out of the folder completely and that's why it wasnt workin, put it back in and made a shortcut and it works fine now :P ty for the quick imput though