PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Client being slow/lagged

MeTh_HeD
01-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Ok, I recently upgraded the RAM in my system and reformatted my HD. My previous installation of MySEQ worked flawlessly. I zipped up that installation and saved it for my new Windows installation. Upon running MySEQ now(after reformatting/reinstalling Windows) the client is very slow and sluggish. There is a 2-3 second delay when clicking on mobs in the mob list before it actually highlites them. I'm not sure why it's doing this, as I haven't changed any of the settings(it's exactly as it was when I was running it before).

The client doesn't have this delay until I hit GO, as well. It seems to run normal(as far as pulling down menus, etc) until I start it and it loads up the spawns. Then everything is delayed.

Any help is appreciated.

Meth

wrangler
01-13-2004, 11:02 PM
same thing been happening to me, thought it was my setup

running latest server on main machine, and latest client on laptop plugged into same router next to me

when i start client and click go, everything works fine, then over time, things start to lag

mouseover names, to scrolling map, to refreshing the mob list just take longer and longer

MQSEQ2
01-14-2004, 06:27 AM
Turn on logging on the 1.x Client/Server so we can see if there is any errors.

Try downloading the Server 2.0.0 and MySEQTester and let it sit there for awhile and see if the times get slower overall.

The MySEQTester displays times for Player Info, Spawn Info, Ground Items and Overall Time. This will tell us if it's a server related issue vs. a Client issue.

NovaUSC
01-14-2004, 08:07 PM
what version of the client are you using? I had this problem with older versions but it's not happened since 1.15.16.

gp1001
01-21-2004, 11:04 PM
I am haveing the same problem. After about 5 mins it becomes very slow, i have to press stop then go, and then its good for anothe 5 mins or so.
Any fixes for this yet?
I am using Client 1.15.14 14512
Server 1.11
Thanks

MQSEQ2
01-22-2004, 04:41 AM
Try using Client the 1.15.17 and turn on logging so we can see whats going on.

madman13
01-22-2004, 11:47 AM
What OS did you re-install? if it was Xp and you have the client/server on different pc's, you'll have to open up the firewall.

Hope this helps!

JohnW
01-22-2004, 03:37 PM
I'm having the same thing with lag and am running Windows XP on both machines. What do you mean by open up the firewall? What do I need to do to do this?

MQSEQ2
01-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Go to the Network properities on the Network Card then click the Advance Tab and uncheck the Protect my computer option. Click OK to save the settings then try again.

Squiffy
01-23-2004, 02:30 AM
Don't think a firewall would cause the program itself to lag. Sounds like a memory leak, or some process in the program that's pulling more resources than it needs to.

Make sure you've got the right version of .Net (maybe some issue with an older redistributable?) and any Windows Updates that you may need, too.

Shootin in the dark. Also be sure it is MySEQ that's lagging you. Could easily be one of the stupid "features" that Windows provides for you, or an anti-virus package. I know personally I've never had that problem and I run everything off one PC. Only thing that ever lags for me is EQ itself, and that's cuz it's a piece of crap engine that's been outdated for 4 years and tries to run state of the art graphics :P

gp1001
01-23-2004, 07:41 AM
I am Running Windows XP Pro, I downloaded Client the 1.15.17 Compiled. Now it Runs smoother than a Babies Butt!
Firewall wasn't an issue, But thanks.

Thanks MQSEQ2 and Bunch!

This thing is Awsome!
:D

MQSEQ2
01-23-2004, 08:18 AM
Lag can be caused by alot of different reasons. Turn off and uninstall QoS on Win XP and that may help alot. QoS is WinXP version of trying to get Quality of Service on the network services. It doesn't work that good for the high price of System resources required.