PDA

View Full Version : Problems as of late

jm_65
01-15-2004, 01:58 AM
I started using myseq back in october and it was great. Everything worked perfectly and for that i thank all those who worked hard on this project. However, the problem i am having arrised in mid november. I tackled this problem several times and just decided to stop trying.

Anyway, I would like to get it working again. I have downloaded the new versions of the program and when i run the sever and the program nothing comes up. This has happened since november with all the newer versions. After i click go on the program I look at the server and see that it finds a new connection so that seems to be working properly however to no avail nothing shows up on the program screen. I turned the logging on to 1 yet no files are created in the log folder.

So, Im not sure what else i can tell you. I am running them both on the same computer. I do have the .net framework downloaded and the old old versions i used back in november worked perfectly.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

slartibartfast
01-15-2004, 06:44 AM
What versions of the client + server are you using?

Have you updated the offsets the server uses?

check here to see if everything is up to date:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4575

MQSEQ2
01-15-2004, 06:51 AM
When ever EQ patches the game (new eqgame.exe) you must verify you have the latest offsets.

Upgrade to Server 1.11 and Client 1.15.17 and if you have issues still turn on the logging. Client 1.15.17 has alot more logging information than the older versions.

jm_65
01-16-2004, 04:56 AM
I have downloaded and attempted to use the last 10+ versions and to no avail none work anymore. This is including all the offsets and stuff. I turned on the logging in the options menu and when i clicked go, i see that the server finds a host, but nothing comes up on the screen. Then i check the log folder and nothing is in there. Unless the log file is located somewhere else.

MQSEQ2
01-16-2004, 06:36 AM
Make sure you have Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 installed.

Install Client 1.15.17 and Server 1.11.

Set the log path, use full path names (ie. C:\MySEQ\Logs).

Turn on logging (Set to 1) in the Client.

Close the Client.

Open the Client.

Hit GO!

Client 1.15.17 will create a log file, so if you can't locate it then verify all your path information.

Tbird038
01-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Hey man....if I might suggest...

REMOVE ALL previous versions....clean them OUT totally....

Then download the latest as was suggested and start from there....

I had similar issues in the past...and THAT method helped me out tremendously..

*T*

jm_65
01-17-2004, 03:20 AM
Well, i kind of feel like an idiot now. The only think i was doing wrong was i didnt link the folders in the options menu of the client to the my folders. Did that and now everything works fine. Thx for the info.