PDA

View Full Version : Wireless broadband/winxp & .NET framework

sorrowsong
01-15-2004, 10:33 AM
hi i have tis problem using eqw because of microsoft.NEt framework

as stated i am using wireless broadband atm....when i try to install microsoft.NET framework , after installing...i cannot connect to the internet for some reason...hence eqw cant work for me

if anyone uses wiresless bb + winxp and able to get eqw to work..pls help thx )

MQSEQ2
01-15-2004, 10:42 AM
EQW and .Net Framework have nothing to do with each other so .Net didn't break EQW.

Sounds like you may have a corrupted install of .Net Framework 1.1, try removing it then reinstalling it.

After you do that verify that the machine can get out to the Internet via the browser.

Then run EQ by itself to see if you can connect.

Then try EQW assuming you are using the latest version.

There are alot of folks here that have the same setup as you and not having any of these issues.

sorrowsong
01-15-2004, 10:49 AM
heh actually i think my problem would be how to get my internet connection going after installing .NEt framework =p thats what boggling me sigh

so if anyone got an idea where to even start solving this? would apprecate it

MQSEQ2
01-15-2004, 11:09 AM
.Net shouldn't break it.

Are you using wireless NICs or USB? have you tried to upgrade your wireless drivers?

Give a little more information about your setup, the more info the quicker it gets resolved.

Tbird038
01-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Sorrow,

I'll tell you that I use a similar setup, and have had NO issues....

If your Inet connection is down....look at your Wireless Hub....I had one go bad and was not the easiest thing to diagnose...because it was intermittant....

Get that connection solid, then we can go from there....(PS...you might verify that the HARD connection works from one of your computers...STUPID question I know....but...ya never know...)

MQSEQ2
01-16-2004, 09:57 AM
If your running a LinkSys wireless hub then go get the latest flash for it. I've used LinkSys routers for years and then have seen them just go flakey overnight. Now I use DLink (which is LinkSys's sister company) and haven't seen any of the same symptoms.

I've even ask a DLink tech what the relationship of LinkSys and DLink is and they won't really say because they are one in the same and you can tell that by looking at the simularity in the products (other than the cases) hehe.

sorrowsong
01-16-2004, 10:02 AM
thx MYSEQ2 . turns out ur right..is a corrupted installation of .NET

tried downloadin again adn installing. works nw..tanks for all help :)

MQSEQ2
01-16-2004, 10:13 AM
your welcome and welcome to the real Norrath.

WizBang
01-21-2004, 09:55 AM
Just a side note: DLink and LinkSys are not the same company. LinkSys is owned by Cisco Systems. FYI.